Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???

Go down 
+6
Serena
Vania
*MAGic diable*
alexandra
Bea
Maria
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania
Registration date : 2006-03-27

IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 May - 23:25

Bea wrote:

I was very angry at this , Alexandra!!! Shocked Shocked And sad!! Sad Sad
I don't agree... nooo nooo nooo nooo
But, we know that tastes differ!!! shocked shocked

MUITISSIMOS BEIJOS!!!

Of course..tastes differ. I will never dare to say that Navka's fans aren't real fans...but in my opinion, the general perspective is: Albena and Maxim being praised everwhere (when somebody writes smth about them) while Tatiana and Maxim only congratulated. Of course, it's not always like this, although it would make me really happy Wink

Although I've seen praises for the russian couple that were completely not fair. (like our commentator did. I think I mentioned him in a thread)

Kisses,
Alex
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 May - 23:39

Rolling Eyes The American dance commentator used to pretend like Tatiana and Roman were the best dance team just because they had long legs. It drove me insane. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 21 May - 23:54

Grace wrote:
Rolling Eyes The American dance commentator used to pretend like Tatiana and Roman were the best dance team just because they had long legs. It drove me insane. Rolling Eyes
lol! similar with ours. He said they did perfect, right when they were not synchronized. He almoust shouted : "Perfect!!! nobody will ever see a couple like that. They are the best ever" - WHAT!?!? - in my opinion, he had no idea what he was talking about, he simply exagerated, picked up some phrases and kept repeating them.
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 1:50

Grace wrote!
Quote :
The American dance commentator used to pretend like Tatiana and Roman were the best dance team just because they had long legs. It drove me insane

FOR GOD'S SAKE shocked WHAT HAVE LONG LEGS TO DO WITH PERFECT DANCING???? scratch scratch scratch

Dear Bea,

I am very surprised, about what you have read about Albie and Max! baaa baaa baaa

Sudden??? nooo nooo nooo Not calm enough???? nooo nooo
I don't agree, baaa baaa baaa baaa
But you are right! Tastes differ! scratch
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 1:53

And Alex wrote!
Quote :
similar with ours. He said they did perfect, right when they were not synchronized. He almoust shouted : "Perfect!!! nobody will ever see a couple like that. They are the best ever" - WHAT!?!? - in my opinion, he had no idea what he was talking about, he simply exagerated, picked up some phrases and kept repeating them.[/

Perfect???? But, sometimes they made so many mistakes, didn't they???? Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball lol!
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 2:20

Quote Bea!
Quote :
Now that you mention this, I can tell you that I once read an article by someone that, although he agreed that Albena and Max were the best this year, they were just normal skaters...and their movements were too sudden, that they were not the best because they lacked calm on the ice!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I was very angry at this , Alexandra!!! Shocked Shocked And sad!! Sad Sad
I don't agree... nooo nooo nooo nooo
But, we know that tastes differ!!! shocked shocked

WELL...I'm re Shocked Shocked ally astonished!
I don't agree either! For me they are soooosmooth on the ice!! ohhhh ohhhh
Definitely...tastes differ!!! shocked shocked shocked
Back to top Go down
Z
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 7:27

Maria wrote:
Grace wrote!
Quote :
The American dance commentator used to pretend like Tatiana and Roman were the best dance team just because they had long legs. It drove me insane

FOR GOD'S SAKE shocked WHAT HAVE LONG LEGS TO DO WITH PERFECT DANCING???? scratch scratch scratch

its very sad... No
Someone has written an article about this here
http://www.drexel.edu/coas/ask/essays-articles/room-at-the-top.asp

(sorry for the absence... i just came back from a long trip and boy are my wings tired....)
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 8:02

Thanks for the article, Z, that was very interesting. I always like to read what people outside the sport think of it. Basketball

It's true that physical appearance plays a huge part in ice dance, but it's completely ridiculous. I mean, if you weren't lucky enough to be born tall and with long legs, then what? Evil or Very Mad And the people in the sport who just accept it even though they know it's dumb don't help. Evil or Very Mad That was what infuriated me about the American commentator (Susie Wynne)-- she had been a short competitive ice dancer herself, and that she was willing to keep saying, "Ooooooooh, long legs make you better!" was completely disgusting. She, of all people, should have known better.

She also liked to complain about couples with size differences she didn't like. Albena and Maxim were too close in height. Isabelle and Olivier and Marie-France and Patrice were not close enough. I mean, nobody should care!

(Erm, sorry, this is one of my pet peeves Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 10:45

I had no idea that the "tall-short", "long"...has so much impact in the sport!!! affraid
It;s more than ridiculous to put your succes or justify your unsuccess with this. (probably, Grace, this is why your commentators kept saying this). It's more ridiculous to judge the dances using this criteria!!! Shocked Shocked
Our commenator said this a couple of times, but he said it ok. He mentioned the small diferences between Albena and Maxim, saying that it's a bit more difficult to learn and perform some moves, but despite this, everything is more than ok and they managed to learn everything and do even more. He also said that there are people who dislike this, but it's not a major problem. nooo
I can't understand why all the discusions about this!! Maxim is great, talented, he can do all the required elements and even more, he has perfect synchronisation with Albena (or viceversa Wink ) so why comment?

Also, in my opinion, as far as esthetics (in every way) concerns, they are between the few couples that are really, trully beautiful!! :stari:

Maria wrote:
Perfect???? But, sometimes they made so many mistakes, didn't they????
Of course...I can't call their routines perfect. Not by far!!

Have a nice day,
Alex
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 11:10

Grace wrote:

:dying: :dying: IT'S SO STUPID. :dying: and funny. Roman is not good skater at all, and it's not only my opinion. And about Navka ... and her long legs, I even don't wanna comment her.
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 11:13

Thanks, Z, for this article!

Citation:
Their problem, I was informed by a former national ice dancing champion, is that Staviski is too short. Denkova and Staviski do not have the ''nice line'' of their taller rivals Navka and Kostomarov. It's not that Staviski has failed to master the required moves. It's that he's too short while he's doing them.

What is this - figure skating or Miss Worls contest? What if he is short, if he's technically brilliant!
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 15:25

Quote Alexandra!
Quote :
I had no idea that the "tall-short", "long"...has so much impact in the sport!!! affraid
It;s more than ridiculous to put your succes or justify your unsuccess with this. (probably, Grace, this is why your commentators kept saying this). It's more ridiculous to judge the dances using this criteria!!! Shocked Shocked

I had no idea either!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Simply ridiculous!!! baaa baaa baaa baaa
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 15:51

Quote Vania!
Quote :
What is this - figure skating or Miss Worls contest? What if he is short, if he's technically brilliant

VERY WELL SAID!!!

FOR ME IT WERE ALL SIMPLY EXCUSES TO favour Shocked Shocked KNOW WHO!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 16:02

Serena wrote:

FOR ME IT WERE ALL SIMPLY EXCUSES TO favour Shocked Shocked KNOW WHO!!! lol!

yes, we know .... unfortunately pale
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 16:54

Well...THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!!! lol! lol! lol!
I had already heard this nonsense before! shocked shocked
However , I noticed that there are more couples with the same problem shocked look at Nora and Atila!
They are coming in the spotlight now!! sooo...let´s wait...
I like them very much! heart2 heart2

And, I´m convinced that if they become really good...there we go again..I mean, the system...is going to use the same arguments!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 16:59

Bea wrote:
look at Nora and Atila!
They are coming in the spotlight now!! sooo...let´s wait...
I like them very much! heart2 heart2

And, I´m convinced that if they become really good...there we go again..I mean, the system...is going to use the same arguments!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I think Nora has long legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so, the judges have to use another argument HAHA Twisted Evil maybe they'll find a "defect" in Atila!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 17:05

Vania wrote!
Quote :
I think Nora has long legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so, the judges have to use another argument HAHA Twisted Evil maybe they'll find a "defect" in Atila

The system usually picks on the boys! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 18:09

Vania wrote:
I think Nora has long legs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes so, the judges have to use another argument HAHA Twisted Evil maybe they'll find a "defect" in Atila!
Attila is too short, of course. Twisted Evil Well, at least in relation to Nora.

Bea wrote:
The system usually picks on the boys! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Ah, no, if only. The system is much, much, much harder on girls because there are so many of them. I'm not even ashamed to say that I had students whom I steered away from becoming competitive ice dancers because of their bodies. Not because I thought they couldn't become, technically, very good ice dancers without the skinny-with-long-legs build, but because I could not stand the thought of those poor little girls being told they were too short, too fat, not long-limbed enough, and how to "fix" it as they got older. You can't fix it! It is the way it is! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, maybe I was wrong to perpetuate the ice dance long legs stereotype even in that way, but I just couldn't make myself send those girls down that road. No It was perfectly obvious how it was going to turn out.
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 19:33

Dear GIRLS!!!

ALL THIS of short...tall...long legs stuff is really ridiculous! Shocked

SOOO stupid and unfair saaad saaad

I hope that now Albie and Max have won Gold...the other teams with these problems scratch scratch scratch will have a more easy time in competitions!!! :vo: :vo:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 19:37

GRACE WROTE!

Quote :
The system is much, much, much harder on girls because there are so many of them. I'm not even ashamed to say that I had students whom I steered away from becoming competitive ice dancers because of their bodies. Not because I thought they couldn't become, technically, very good ice dancers without the skinny-with-long-legs build, but because I could not stand the thought of those poor little girls being told they were too short, too fat, not long-limbed enough, and how to "fix" it as they got older. You can't fix it! It is the way it is! Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, maybe I was wrong to perpetuate the ice dance long legs stereotype even in that way, but I just couldn't make myself send those girls down that road. No It was perfectly obvious how it was going to turn out.

OHHHH, GRACE! I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THOSE GIRLS!!! saaad saaad I AM , REALLY!!! saaad

IN A WAY, I THINK I CAN UNDERSTAND THEM saaad saaad , because I wanted to be a skater and we had no arenas nooo nooo nooo
BUT...HAVING ALL THE FACILITIES AND NOT BE ABLE TO BE A SKATER
IS EVEN WORSE!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 21:01

Maria wrote:
OHHHH, GRACE! I AM SOOOO SORRY FOR THOSE GIRLS!!! saaad saaad I AM , REALLY!!! saaad

IN A WAY, I THINK I CAN UNDERSTAND THEM saaad saaad , because I wanted to be a skater and we had no arenas nooo nooo nooo

Sad Sad Sad Yes..I'm so sorry Sad Sad
It's worse than stupid. It's absurd!!

But on the other hand, I see your point Grace...Sad a sad one, though.
Back to top Go down
Z
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May - 1:09

Vania wrote:
Welcome!!cheers

Vania wrote:
What if he is short, if he's technically brilliant!

Exactly.. This is one of the many reasons I love this photo...
IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Dance
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May - 1:40

Z wrote:
Vania wrote:
Welcome!!cheers

Vania wrote:
What if he is short, if he's technically brilliant!

Exactly.. This is one of the many reasons I love this photo...
IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Dance

Hehe..so true. Cute!! :stari:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May - 1:54

Maria wrote:
Well, it wasn't that they couldn't skate! I would never tell anyone that! Exclamation Many of them became quite successful singles skaters. cheers Part of it is the atmosphere in American ice dancing-- there are so many girls and so few boys that the environment is especially rough for the girls. The boys have so much choice that for a girl without the "right" type of body it's almost impossible to get a partner, and I've seen some really terrible things happen when girls try to *force* themselves to have the right body No -- as I said before, some things about a body just can't be changed!

BUT! I hope that this is changing, at least internationally (all the American dance teams still look pretty much the same Razz ). Now there are many successful dance teams without what people generally consider ideally matched body types: Albena and Maxim, Nora and Attila, and Federica and Massimo are much closer in size; and Marie-France and Patrice, Isabelle and Olivier, and Svetlana and Sergei are much farther apart! I hope that they all have continued success so that all this idiocy about "looking right" can stop. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 23 May - 2:04

Grace wrote!
Quote :
Part of it is the atmosphere in American ice dancing-- there are so many girls and so few boys that the environment is especially rough for the girls. The boys have so much choice that for a girl without the "right" type of body it's almost impossible to get a partner, and I've seen some really terrible things happen when girls try to *force* themselves to have the right body No -- as I said before, some things about a body just can't be changed!

I can understand you! IN SPAIN THE BOYS JUST CANNOT BE PERSUADED TO BECOME SKATERS! shocked shocked shocked
WE WILL NEVER HAVE A DECENT ICE DANCE TEAM, BECAUSE MOST MALE YOUTHS SIMPLY DON'T CARE! shocked shocked
I think mentality among the young men have to change here! BUT IT'S GOING TO TAKE QUITE A WHILE!! shocked shocked

UN MONTON DE BESOS, GRACE!!! heart2

And I understand what you are trying to say, of course!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???   IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN??? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IS ZHULIN JEALOUS OF ROMAN???
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next