Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Some facts about Roman before Navka

Go down 
+7
Grace
Lana
Elv
alexandra
marie
Bea
Maria
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Some facts about Roman before Navka Empty
PostSubject: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeTue 28 Mar - 21:29

I have just found an article on one of the spanish forums about Roman's wild behaviour in his career. If this is true Shocked , I don't know I it could be tolerated! Shocked

Quote :
Anna Semenovich was an ice dancer, who competed at the 1998
world championships with Vladimir Fedorov, who had won the bronze medal at
the 1993 world championships with Angelika Krilova. The following year, she
skated with Roman Kostomarov ......

Anna Semenivitch says the following!

Roma
turned out to be a partner with a very difficult character. He was always
insulting me, throwing me down from lifts on purpose and could even hit me.
On the ice it was always cursing, swearing, cursing. IN the year I skated
with him, I learned words and phrases that I had never even heard before

then someone says!!
[quote]Once Roma hit Anka so hard that she got a concussion.!!!! Shocked
pale Shocked pale

Then she continues her story!!! Shocked
I went up to Roma and started to demand an answer, 'You son of a
bitch, what are you trying to do?' He sat there and rolled his eyes and
with complete lack of remorse said, ‘No…well, it’s ONLY THE
SECOND TIME’. Shocked pale Shocked

If this is true, how can a athlete like that be awarded sooooo many medal!!!????? nooo nooo nooo

I was really shocked when I read this!!! Shocked pale
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeTue 28 Mar - 22:27

Hello!

Shocked Shocked

I think it may be true! lol! It does not surprise me at all! :lol!:He looks sooo unfocused on everything....

Rather a complicated situation! And poor girl , his partner at the time! pale She should have slapped him on the face!

What a situation!!! shocked shocked
No wonder he divorced his wife already saaad !!!
Back to top Go down
marie
AM bg team
AM bg team
marie

Number of posts : 75
Residence : Sofia, Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeTue 28 Mar - 22:36

this man seems to be a very nasty person Evil or Very Mad I can't imagine someone behaving so badly. I'm speechless scratch
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeWed 29 Mar - 0:37

affraid ....i was under the impression that athletes are more capable of controling themselves, their rage or tension than others. they are trained to know the body and the mind..

i have no idea if this is true. if that was the case, i think that zhulin would have forbidden his wife too dance with him. i know, in sports you sacrifice a lot and you have to do this in order to succeed but there is a limit. and i think if this was the case than the pair would have not survived so far.

maybe, he used to be like this before dancing with tatiana and then he changed...

i wouldn't belive this so quick...
Back to top Go down
Elv
AM эльф
Elv

Number of posts : 100
Residence : Kazan

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeWed 29 Mar - 11:13

Girls, as far as I'm concerned, that article is from one of russian tabloids. My friend told me about it... I don't think that you should believe it... She also told that he was a heavy drunkard and so on... That's just a gossip< I think :|
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeWed 29 Mar - 20:52

YESSSSSS! I do believe it is!

And so on...and so on jocolor jocolor about Roman! I didn't quote the whole article, but I want to believe tt's only gossip, or perhaps the girl has some kind of grudge against Roman! lol!
She Does make verrrry serious accusations!!!! lol!
I think such events would be unthinkable to happen in the russian team! scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeWed 29 Mar - 22:25

I think it may be gossip too! affraid
And from a russian tabloid? Shocked Perhaps they just want to sell and sell :Perhaps the girl really wants to say bad things about Roman! Wants some revenge on him!!!

But Roman is verrrrry bad in the whole picture! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 5:10

Shocked Shocked Shocked Wowww... that is quite the article. But I find it difficult to believe a word this girl says. Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 8:35

I've read this article before and I don't know whether to think it's true (or all true, or some true, or whatever) or not, but I have to say that unfortunately partner abuse is not uncommon in skating. No I've seen it many, many times on rinks where I've trained and coached. Hopefully if any of this about Roman was true, he has reformed himself since, but the truth is that many times girls are so desperate to find partners that they'll put up with a lot of things to get and keep one. Even things they shouldn't put up with. saaad
Back to top Go down
Morgana
AM bg team
AM bg team
Morgana

Number of posts : 115
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 9:50

I am sure that one day(may be soon) Navka will brake up with"Charming lol! " Zulin.Remember my words!
Back to top Go down
http://ice.k3i3.com
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 16:55

That would not astonish me much, really!!! 👅

I really do not know what to think about those three after all that has been said and written about them! lol! lol!

And , I bet, we common fans don`t know half of it........ affraid pale
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 22:15

lol!

quite a trio...

i admit i don't know much about them. never been so interested. but as far as i know, tatiana is pregnant for the second time and zhulin is the dad (i think). and if they are planning to break up or they don't get along, why the second baby?...i mean you don't do this deliberately to your child...

what do i know? maybe it's better to stay out of this.
as bea said
Quote :
And , I bet, we common fans don`t know half of it........
maybe all of this is speculation...or not..Wink
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 22:22

Quote :
but I have to say that unfortunately partner abuse is not uncommon in skating. I've seen it many, many times on rinks where I've trained and coached (....) but the truth is that many times girls are so desperate to find partners that they'll put up with a lot of things to get and keep one. Even things they shouldn't put up with.

forgot to ask grace about this - sorry

girls accept all this abusive behavior? does this happen often?..my god, that's not normal...i can't belive this. i have never imagined that this happens in figure skating as well. what abt coaches - they accept this? how can you simulate something else in competitions? what about trust?
affraid

i'm shocked
Back to top Go down
ljussi88
knowing AM closer..
knowing AM closer..

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 22:41

The whole story sounds to me really like a tabloid looking for a big scandal. Of course I believe that in every rumour there`s a spark of truth, so maybe Roman isn`t (or wasn`t) that kind to his partners, but to be so crude - I can`t believe it - it would`ve been to big scandal and a figure like Roman is aware of the fact that such a scandal will influence his reputation and as a result more or less his reputation in the ice skating world (along the judges too). Not that this would`ve been fatal but, however, I don`t believe that Roman is so stupid to let it happen. On the other hand, it`s obvious that Roman has much more success than the girl that is telling these stories, so it`s normal that she envys him. That`s why I don`t think that this article shows the truth, although it could be revealing at least part of it.
Back to top Go down
marie
AM bg team
AM bg team
marie

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeThu 30 Mar - 22:44

ljussi88 wrote:
The whole story sounds to me really like a tabloid looking for a big scandal. Of course I believe that in every rumour there`s a spark of truth, so maybe Roman isn`t (or wasn`t) that kind to his partners, but to be so crude - I can`t believe it - it would`ve been to big scandal and a figure like Roman is aware of the fact that such a scandal will influence his reputation and as a result more or less his reputation in the ice skating world (along the judges too). Not that this would`ve been fatal but, however, I don`t believe that Roman is so stupid to let it happen. On the other hand, it`s obvious that Roman has much more success than the girl that is telling these stories, so it`s normal that she envys him. That`s why I don`t think that this article shows the truth, although it could be revealing at least part of it.

to be honest I don't believe it-he might have abused her or argued with her but I don't think he had thrown partners or something like that-it would have been too bad for him
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeFri 31 Mar - 2:36

Well...girls, I can't help being a bit shocked after reading Grace's message! pale
Ok..I admit that that article about Roman may be exagerated, but I always thought that Figure skating was a kind of " noble " sport where such shocking things weren't supposed to happen Evil or Very Mad !!!
I really don't know anymore! saaad
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeFri 31 Mar - 3:43

I'm laughing, not at you Maria, but because "noble" is the last word I would associate with skating, or any other sport. Skating is just a sport like any other-- there are some noble people in it, of course, and some perfectly ordinary people, and some really horrible ones. It's just like anything else in life. Smile

I don't want to make it sound like things like partner abuse go on all the time, because it doesn't. Most of the time this doesn't happen-- either partners are actually friends, or they manage to set aside their personal differences enough to work together. I think Bourne and Kraatz are an example of that. They were definitely not close friends, and they fought a lot on the ice, but they would never have dreamed of hitting each other. Most partners don't end up in love/married, and most don't end up in an abusive relationship. As with everything else in life, most people are in the middle.

But it's not uncommon. For instance, at one rink I coached at, a boy asked his partner for a date, and she turned him down, and from that day on he was completely horrible to her-- running her into the walls, dropping her out of lifts, hitting her on the ice... and she took it because she knew how hard it would be to get another partner. No Another team I know of had such an abusive relationship that the rink director threatened to ban the man from the rink. If the coaches put up with it, a lot of times it's because the coach is herself a woman who went through the same and thinks, "I went through it, now you will too." Mad Even well-meaning coaches can feel helpless to do anything about it-- remember that Elena Berezhnaya's partner before Anton Sikuarlidze (Oleg Shliakov) beat her badly, and Tamara Moskvina had no idea what to do about it. saaad

Again, I don't know if any of this about Roman is true. Anna Semenovich is very dramatic and probably resentful that she didn't have the success he had. But if some of it turned out to be true... I would, sadly, not be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeFri 31 Mar - 14:26

Dear Grace! I love you

In a way, i am speechless. silent silent!!! Please, don't laugh at me,but I had more or less the same impression as Maria!
Now, I see that it's not as simple as I thought Shocked !!!
And I think the coaches must have a difficult time too, when these things happen! Shocked
Quite unacceptable..in my opinion!

heart2 Bea
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeFri 31 Mar - 16:48

Shocked

I am speechless too! silent silent silent
OK,...I know that all sports have problems and most of them are kept off the record scratch , but I hadn't realized sometimes it could be soooo bad!
I understand now the important roles coaches must have trying to make the best of everything and making sure their students succed sunny sunny !!!!
Back to top Go down
ljussi88
knowing AM closer..
knowing AM closer..

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeFri 31 Mar - 18:31

yes, the role of coaches is really very important as if the woman in a team has such a terrible problem with her partner she (especially if she is young) might not know how to react and to put up with it when she doesn`t see any alternative. Then the coach shouldn`t stay aside, because he/she is the one with experience, she/he is the one to say the girl that success could be made also with other partner. Because in my opinion success isn`t the most important thing and I really don`t believe there there could be success in a team with abusive relationships, where the girl is under such a pressure. To be champion you should first of all be selfconfident and a girl that is being beaten by her partner isn`t that at all, not to mention about the reliability on your partner in competitions or the team-work. Maybe some will say that having such problems with the partner is like when the couple aren`t quite a good friends (if not even to say that they can hardly endure each other off the rink). But it`s not - in the first situation there is the fear of the partner, in the second - the competition in the team itself, which is a huge motivation for the skaters. In the second situation there is a lot of ambition from both of the skaters, and in order the achieve their goal they learn to put up with each other. So, it`s really important to be not only a coach, but a MAN foremost. Without that you can`t be anything else..
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeSat 1 Apr - 2:19

As a matter of fact, I knew that there had been problems with Elena, but I thought they were accidents. I am glad she later found Anton. She seems a very sweet girl, really!
And the big accident she had, the one on her head, when she had an operation , that was a real accident, wasn't it? Shocked
Well...when I was a little girl,I always wanted to be a skater I love you and perhaps I have always looked at this sport as the ideal one , very pure, noble, the sport with no flaws!
Perhaps that's why I was soooo Shocked Shocked Shocked by some facts.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeSat 1 Apr - 12:24

I'm really frightened...
Maybe i am naive (gullible) but i don't think by any chance that a couple like this (where somebody is abusing the partner) could survive. In the end, it will turn bad for both of them...

It's not necessary for the couple to be involved, not even best friends but there must be some level of understanding and friendship.

Quote :
And the big accident she had, the one on her head, when she had an operation , that was a real accident, wasn't it?

HOPE SO!!..I can't imagine somebody being so bad. To do this deliberately. I've seen anger and stress. I know you have to get rid of the pressure but I don't think that this was the case...it would be too much for me.
By the way, what happend with the previous partner?

Bruises don't match with the grace and beauty of this sport. Actually, bruises and violence don't match with anything... saaad
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeSat 1 Apr - 21:14

Quote :
And the big accident she had, the one on her head, when she had an operation , that was a real accident, wasn't it?
Yes, as far as I know, that was a real accident. I can't imagine anyone being horrible enough to plan that on purpose! (although I'm sure some people would pale )

As for what happened to Elena's other partner, I think he moved to Chicago and tried to get a partner and train there, but enough people had heard how he treated Elena that no one would skate with him. He, of course, blamed her. Rolling Eyes

And I absolutely agree with everything you have said, alexandra and ljussi88! Most couples I know of who have had abusive relationships have not had real success-- maybe they've done well at a few competitions or something, but not World or Olympic champions. As you say, it's not necessary to be in love, to be best friends, or even to like each other very much. But you must have a common ambition and basic respect for the other person, or it will never work.
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeSun 2 Apr - 2:36

Dear girls!
I agree with you too!!
I am remembering Albena and Max heart2 heart2 They went throught so many difficult situations! saaad They would never have succeeded, if they weren´t sooooo much in loooooove! heart2
And the example one of you gave of Bourne and Kratz! Thy had at least a kind of civil relashionship, no?
And so many others!
I think the Feds should punish or banish the skaters with that disgraceful behaviour!!
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitimeWed 19 Apr - 14:08

This is a fantastic/ soooo ridiculous/ hilarious story! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus:

I think that there must some truth in it, though! :kataus: :mdr:

If half of this is true...how could the Russian Federation, tolerate this???'

:respect: :respect: :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some facts about Roman before Navka   Some facts about Roman before Navka Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Some facts about Roman before Navka
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next