Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book for their life

Go down 
+14
geri
Grace
rosee
Lana
Serena
alexandra
*MAGic diable*
Bea
Marina
mila
Maria
Rady
Vania
Goldy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Book for their life - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Oct - 10:14

Hi, Grace! I'll try to explain how to order the book - yes, I think it's possible to buy it.
When you fill your name, address and phone number (as I remember you know few BG words and you can understand that, if not - I'm here to help you Smile ) then you click Напред (Next). On the next page you'll see the different options of order - the 3rd and the 4th are to pay with credit card, but only Transcard. The 5th option is ePay+Bulpost (BG courrier service), and the 6th - ePay + package (I think that's the option you have to choose Rolling Eyes ) then click Изпрати (Send). I didn't click it (of course Wink ) and I don't know what's next.

I saw another option - you can send the e-mail at this address office@pe-bg.com and ask them personally Cool maybe that would be better, I don't know.
The third option is, if the other two fail – I could send you the book, there will be no problem at all (and I think it won't be so expensive, I have to check the prizes - I know that the cost of a package of 1 kg to Europe is 8-10 USD, but to US - I don't know) and you could send me money by Western Union, in this case.

I hope I was useful for you,
Kisses!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Oct - 17:11

I can tell you smth interesting from the book that I didn’t know till yesterday.
During the Euros or the Worlds in 2002 Margarita and Povilas completely deserved the 3rd place, but finally Galit Chait and Sakhnovski received the bronze medal shocked . Then Albena and Max, being very close friends with the Lithuanians, but not only for that reason, did organize smth like protest SOS (I don’t know how to explain) they made a list where they (and many other skaters, coaches and choreographers) declared their protest against this injustice :cheer: . This protest had nothing in common with Galit and Sergey, Albie and Max say that they respect them for everything they achieved, but their third place was undeserved. And that act provoked many problems for the Bulgarians :disap: – they say that they were menaced by Galit’s father and other persons pale . Fortunately, this protest didn’t reflect оn their position or “image” between the judges, because the next season they became 3rd at the Worlds and 2nd at the Euros. lol!

Maybe some of you know already this, but I read it for the first time in the book yesterday. Now I respect them even more, because they weren’t afraid to defend their opinion, even though they have to stand against the judges. zvet zvet zvet

Kisses to all!
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Oct - 17:31

Vania wrote:
Maybe some of you know already this, but I read it for the first time in the book yesterday. Now I respect them even more, because they weren’t afraid to defend their opinion, even though they have to stand against the judges. zvet zvet zvet
As for me, I knew it (about the protest -pétition in French, maybe too in English, I don't know-), but I didn't know that Albena and Maxim signed it. I'm not surprised about it, I was sure they signed it because they are very fair and they are friends with the Lithuanians. One think I didn't know either, it was the problems they had with Galit's father Shocked .

P.S : it was during 2002 Worlds (at Euros, the podium was Anissina/Peizerat, Fusar-Poli/Margaglio, Lobacheva/Averbukh).

Thank you very much for this piece of information Vania ! :xxxxx:
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct - 3:26

It is petition in English. Very Happy Actually, that incident is what made Albena and Maxim my favourite dance team. U.S. TV actually showed her handing it in to the ISU dance committee, and I was like Shocked . I just couldn't believe that there was someone in skating who was willing to sacrifice their own careers (because that really could have happened) to do what they thought was right. Let's just say that that has not been my own personal experience within skating. Razz And I personally know someone who also got threats for supporting the petition, so I can well believe that Albena and Maxim (but especially Albena) did, too.

I always said that after that they could have come out with the most horrible programs ever and still been my favourite team. Thankfully, I have not had to test that theory. lol!

Vania, thanks for the help. Smile I did fine until I got to the payment options, I just didn't understand what any of them were. Embarassed I'll try again tonight, and if that doesn't work, I'll email them, and then if that doesn't work, I guess I'll ask you to send me one. Thank you! heart2 :vo: zvet
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct - 10:40

Another curious fact from the book (Meg, I hope you'll read this Smile )

Albena and Max talk about their fans, they mention japanese girls who came in US and gave them kimonos nice We know that Meg is one of these girls :mdr: (do you remember the photo of Albena wearing kimono or sakura - I don't remember what exactly) There is also a photo of Albena and Max with a japanese girl and a big blue flag, but I don't think it was Meg, maybe another fan.

Bye!
:surce: :surce: :surce:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Oct - 16:02

Vania wrote:
Albena and Max talk about their fans, they mention japanese girls who came in US and gave them kimonos nice
Oh, they're so nice to mention their fans ! Hehe, Meg is so famous now ! cheers I'm sure she will be really happy if she reads these lines who wrote Vania ! nice
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
mila
AM in love
AM in love
mila

Number of posts : 220
Residence : :)
Registration date : 2006-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Oct - 15:47

Hi girls!!! Basketball

Vania wrote:
Another curious fact from the book (Meg, I hope you'll read this Smile )

Albena and Max talk about their fans, they mention japanese girls who came in US and gave them kimonos nice We know that Meg is one of these girls :mdr: (do you remember the photo of Albena wearing kimono or sakura - I don't remember what exactly)

Ohhhhhhh thank you sooooooooooo much for telling me about that, dear Vania!!! :<33: yes, it's just me! I'm so surprised with they talk about the episode that I gave them Japanese kimono in U.S! Embarassed I'm soooooooo happy if it would be sweet memories for them!!! heart2 heart2 heart2 I really want to say "thank you!" to Albena and Maxim!!!

Dear Vania, thank you again! :<33:

Kisses!
Meg
Back to top Go down
http://community.webshots.com/user/milagro795
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 10 Oct - 21:12

Dear fans!

I already knew about the petition and what happened that season!
Soo, the book about their life does mention it!

Thanks, girls, for telling some facts about the book, poklon I mean what it talks abouT! heart2 heart2

BEIJOS!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct - 9:51

I can tell you smth more, a curious fact that I've read yesterday. :woow:
Albie and Max talk about the difference between Gorshkov and Linuchuk in their approach like coaches (me and Grace, we were talking about that Wink ) Max says that Linichuk always says to Albie: "You're a queen, you have a great body and hair, beautiful face, you can do everything" lol! It's great that she supports them like this, she gives self-confidence to Albena and you can see that when she is on the ice-rink.
While Gorshkov criticize them often, didn't support them in the choice of music, telling them for example: "We don't like this music, dance on it, if you want, but you won't make anything good" Evil or Very Mad :blink:

What a chance for Albie and Max that they are training with Linichuk now!
:dube: :dube: :dube:

Kisses!
bg1
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 11 Oct - 19:26

Vania wrote!
Quote :
Albie and Max talk about the difference between Gorshkov and Linuchuk in their approach like coaches (me and Grace, we were talking about that Wink ) Max says that Linichuk always says to Albie: "You're a queen, you have a great body and hair, beautiful face, you can do everything" lol! It's great that she supports them like this, she gives self-confidence to Albena and you can see that when she is on the ice-rink.
While Gorshkov criticize them often, didn't support them in the choice of music

THAT doesn't come as a very big surprise to me shocked
Changing coach was the wisest decision of their carrer Razz Razz Razz

Thanks , for these details about their book, dear Vania !poklon heart2
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Oct - 6:51

I'm very glad, but not at all surprised, to hear that Linichuk is working so hard on raising Albena's self-esteem. Of course she is very talented and very beautiful, but I was never really sure that she believed it herself. I thought she believed it more last year, though. Very Happy

Vania, I've got to ask for your help again. Embarassed I hadn't had time to try to order the book again, but the first time I tried to order it I did click on Epay + package and did nothing else, and the page just closed. I assumed that that meant I'd done something wrong and I'd have to try again, but then yesterday I got this email from the website:
Quote :
Здравейте! Извиняваме се за закъснелия мейл. Можете да платите по банков път, но трябва да измерим книгата и да изчислим пощенските разходи. Ще Ви пишем отново и ако сумата Ви устройва, ще изпратим банковата сметка, където да преведете пари. Поздрави Пингвините
I know that they want my bank information, but I'm not sure if they just want me to email it to them or if there's somewhere on the website I'm supposed to do it. I suppose just emailing it to them would work?

I didn't mean for this to be such a drama when I started it! scratch

heart2 heart2 heart2
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 12 Oct - 10:19

Grace wrote:
Quote :
Здравейте! Извиняваме се за закъснелия мейл. Можете да платите по банков път, но трябва да измерим книгата и да изчислим пощенските разходи. Ще Ви пишем отново и ако сумата Ви устройва, ще изпратим банковата сметка, където да преведете пари. Поздрави Пингвините
I know that they want my bank information, but I'm not sure if they just want me to email it to them or if there's somewhere on the website I'm supposed to do it. I suppose just emailing it to them would work?

Hi, Grace!
They said that they have first to measure the weight of the book, then - calculate the prize. After that, they'll send you another e-mail indicating the prize, and if you agree with it, then they'll send you the number of the bank account where you have to pay the money. It seems, there will be lot of e-mails Rolling Eyes
I didn't imagine either that it will be so complicated Embarassed But I hope you could finally receive the book.
But why they write you in Bulgarian - is there no one who speaks English Suspect in this company scratch

If you have another question - just ask me Smile

Kisses!
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon 16 Oct - 6:20

Thanks, Vania. This is much more complicated than I thought it would be, but it's at least a little bit entertaining. lol! Now I'm imagining people carefully weighing the book on a scale, and calculating the shipping price (which I thought the website already did, but.... hmmm, who knows. lol! ) I will be out of town for the rest of this week, if they haven't managed to sort it out by then I guess I'll either give up or give in and ask you to get it for me. Razz Very Happy

I suppose they think that since I got through the Bulgarian website I don't need English emails. Which is true up to a point, but I always hate guessing at business matters-- I certainly don't want to unnecessarily send anyone my bank account information or anything like that! Shocked I don't mind "figuring out" a newspaper article or a book or something like that and being a little bit wrong, but where my personal info is involved, I like to be a little bit more concrete. Suspect
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Oct - 14:49

Heelooo.. Hey!

This is the first message I write after a long time....sorry if I am off-topic. :|
I had to start reading the messages somehow. And I decided that it's best to take them in order...uhh...so many of them!! Yahoooo!!!

I forgot how is to write on the forum..missed you. Miss u!

So, about the book!! Vania and Lerka informed me briefly about the book but I didn't know all these details.
I admire Linichuk for waht she did. She is very careful and she works a lot on the "spiritual" aspect (psychic) and this is visible. I also think that Albena is gorgeous and beautiful and she shouldn't worry about this, but too much criticism can harm. And I have the impression that what Gorshkov did was not positive criticism.

Hmmm...thank you for all the information. It is so damn good to be here and read all this!! Yahoooo!!!

Grace, I hope you'll get the book eventually. Are you stupid of so Complicated but necessary. Smile

I'm running to see the other topics as well...
You'll get bored of me today..... Erm..
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 19 Oct - 14:57

alexandra wrote:

You'll get bored of me today..... Erm..

NOOOO, WE WON'T Very Happy Razz
HI, ALEX, IT'S SO DAMN GOOD Wink TO SEE YOU HERE zvet

MANY KISSES, DRAGA MEA!
Kisssssssssss Kisssssssssss Kisssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Nov - 8:03

Ummmmmm.... Vania? :blush2: :blush2: Is it too late for me to ask you to get me a copy? If it is don't worry, I have no idea how long I would reasonably expect a book like that to stay in stores. Needless to say, though, I have never heard back from the website (I guess figuring out shipping to the U.S. is very very very very very complicated indeed, it takes over a month Oh my poor head! ). I've been so busy (and sick Razz) that it completely went out of my head, so if it's not possile anymore, it's completely my fault and no worries. If you still can, though, I would realllllllly appreciate it, and I'm pretty sure I can send money Western Union online so I could get it to you very fast.

lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Nov - 11:09

Grace wrote:
Vania? :blush2: :blush2: Is it too late for me to ask you to get me a copy? If you still can, though, I would realllllllly appreciate it, and I'm pretty sure I can send money Western Union online so I could get it to you very fast.

Hi, Grace!
I'll search for the book today, I hope I could find it somewhere Smile and I'll let you know. :stari:

Kisses!
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue 21 Nov - 15:59

Vania wrote:
Hi, Grace!
I'll search for the book today, I hope I could find it somewhere Smile and I'll let you know. :stari:

Kisses!
Merci! I'll be out of town for a few days (because it's American Thanksgiving this week), but I'll check back here as soon as I can (hopefully I can get the computer away from my father for a few minutes tonight Razz )

:<33:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Nov - 18:52

Grace wrote:

Merci! I'll be out of town for a few days (because it's American Thanksgiving this week), but I'll check back here as soon as I can (hopefully I can get the computer away from my father for a few minutes tonight Razz )

Hi Smile
I have one bad and one good news for you, Grace Razz The bad news is that I didn't find the book - I searched in 4 bookstores in the center of Plovdiv, but in two of them they weren't even heard about it. (I'm not sure if the woman in the 2nd bookstore knew who they are - she looked me very strange when I asked her: Do you have the biography of Denkova and Staviyski? ... silence Shocked ... I added - the ice skaters, and she said - No, we have never got it Crying or Very sad

And the good news - the seller in the 4th bookstore was very kind, she knew that book, she even said she bought it and promised me to order it in the edition house, or wherever... I don't remember Embarassed She'll receive the new ... hm.. stock, goods (?) the next week. So, I'll check then and I'll tell you if it's still available or the book is out of print.

Bye!
Happy Thanksgiving day!
:baloon:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Nov - 21:18

Vania wrote:
Grace wrote:

Merci! I'll be out of town for a few days (because it's American Thanksgiving this week), but I'll check back here as soon as I can (hopefully I can get the computer away from my father for a few minutes tonight :P )

Hi :)
I have one bad and one good news for you, Grace :P The bad news is that I didn't find the book - I searched in 4 bookstores in the center of Plovdiv, but in two of them they weren't even heard about it. (I'm not sure if the woman in the 2nd bookstore knew who they are - she looked me very strange when I asked her: Do you have the biography of Denkova and Staviyski? ... silence :shock: ... I added - the ice skaters, and she said - No, we have never got it :cry:

And the good news - the seller in the 4th bookstore was very kind, she knew that book, she even said she bought it and promised me to order it in the edition house, or wherever... I don't remember :oops: She'll receive the new ... hm.. stock, goods (?) the next week. So, I'll check then and I'll tell you if it's still available or the book is out of print.

Bye!
Happy Thanksgiving day!
:baloon:

Vania, and maybe you know if I can possibly get the book in Russia? :flower:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Nov - 11:04

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

Vania, and maybe you know if I can possibly get the book in Russia? flower

I don't think it's possible. You can try to order it online at this site:
http://www.pe-bg.com/?cid=9&pid=19672&pt=0&cat=
But Grace tried, and I think it wasn't possible. Nevermind, try Wink
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Nov - 13:36

Vania wrote:
cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

Vania, and maybe you know if I can possibly get the book in Russia? flower

I don't think it's possible. You can try to order it online at this site:
http://www.pe-bg.com/?cid=9&pid=19672&pt=0&cat=
But Grace tried, and I think it wasn't possible. Nevermind, try Wink
Thank you, Vania! I'll try to though Smile
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Nov - 8:44

Yeah, you should definitely try, I'm still not sure what went wrong with mine, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try it. Smile

Thank you so much for looking, Vania! If you have some success, I will be very grateful, and if not, it's my own fault for not asking earlier. Smile I don't know when I'll be able to get back online, but next week I'll be back at my apartment and able to check back in more regularly. Very Happy

zvet
Back to top Go down
russianskaterdiva
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
russianskaterdiva

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri 24 Nov - 22:21

I wonder if they'll sell it in U.S.?!?! ...and in english or russian? Laughing that would really help!! lol!

loveall
Lyra
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat 25 Nov - 9:28

If that book ever appears at your local Barnes & Noble, I'll eat my skates. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book for their life
Page 13 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next