Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Book for their life

Go down 
+14
geri
Grace
rosee
Lana
Serena
alexandra
*MAGic diable*
Bea
Marina
mila
Maria
Rady
Vania
Goldy
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Book for their life - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 14:45

WOWWW!!! ALEX!!! heart2

YOUR ICON IS GORGEOUS!!! :dube: :dube: :dube:
I LOOOOOOVE IT!!!!! :dube: :dube: :dube:
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :dube: :dube:

ARE WE ALL GOING TO HAVE ONE LIKE THAT OR ARE THEY GOING TO BE DIFFERENT?? :cheer: :cheer:
:dube:

I think I'll have to ask Lera!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 14:52

DEAR LERA!!

STILL NO FURTHER INFO ABOUT THAT GOSSIP ABOUT GORSHOKOV???
AFTER THE FACT THAT HE INSULTED..ONE OF HIS STUDENts??? scratch

OR DID I MISS SOMETHING??? IN OTHER TREAD...
PLEASE WITE IT IN THE GOSSIP THREAD!!!

Please, don't think I am mean shocked , I am just curious! Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 15:31

Maria wrote:
DEAR LERA!!

STILL NO FURTHER INFO ABOUT THAT GOSSIP ABOUT GORSHOKOV???
AFTER THE FACT THAT HE INSULTED..ONE OF HIS STUDENts??? scratch

OR DID I MISS SOMETHING??? IN OTHER TREAD...
PLEASE WITE IT IN THE GOSSIP THREAD!!!

Please, don't think I am mean shocked , I am just curious! Razz Very Happy

She said a few minutes ago that she was working on translating the articule she has about Gorshkov. zvet Thank youuuu, Lerochka! :<33: :<33: :dube:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 18:58

Oh, I wonder if it's that Artur Verner article? It is looooonnnnnnnnng.

And very, um, uncomplimentary to Gorshkov. affraid
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:02

Thank you, Grace for your explanation about that article!! affraid lol!

Dear Alexandra! :dube: :dube:
YOUR NEW ICON IS SO CUTE!!! GOOD FOR YOU , GIRL!!! :cheer: :cheer: CONGRATS!! :cheer: :cheer: :wink:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:09

Grace wrote:
Oh, I wonder if it's that Artur Verner article? It is looooonnnnnnnnng.

And very, um, uncomplimentary to Gorshkov. affraid

I didn't know that Artur Verner had written an article about Gorshkov. :blink: Is this a recent article? Question
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:18

I first saw it a few months ago-- maybe right around the Olympics? Okay, I just looked and it came out in late January/early February. So it's fairly recent, but not from last week or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:26

Grace wrote:
I first saw it a few months ago-- maybe right around the Olympics? Okay, I just looked and it came out in late January/early February. So it's fairly recent, but not from last week or anything like that.

Oh okay, thanks. Wink That's strange, I never heard a word about it. Suspect This is exactly why I need Russian lessons. Razz :respect:

1000 posts for me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:43

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:stari: :stari: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

KISSES!!!! :dube:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:45

Serena wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

:stari: :stari: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

KISSES!!!! :dube:

reverance Thank you! zvet

Kisses! :kiss:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 19:45

Even if that article is affraid affraid from around the Olympics it's still verrrry interesting!!! Basketball Basketball Basketball Basketball

I always like to know alll Basketball Basketball that goes on and can be related to ALBENA AND MAXIM!!! heart2 heart2
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:05

Lana wrote:
Oh okay, thanks. Wink That's strange, I never heard a word about it. Suspect This is exactly why I need Russian lessons. Razz :respect:
Probably because it was so long that no one wanted to translate it. :kataus: Also because Artur Werner generally gets his facts right but then writes everything up as a huge dramatic soap opera. :kataus: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure that sometimes things are huge dramatic soap operas, but there's definitely such a thing as exaggeration, too. Basketball

Quote :
Wheeeeeeeeee. Exclamation Exclamation cheers
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:20

Grace wrote:
Probably because it was so long that no one wanted to translate it. :kataus: Also because Artur Werner generally gets his facts right but then writes everything up as a huge dramatic soap opera. :kataus: I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm sure that sometimes things are huge dramatic soap operas, but there's definitely such a thing as exaggeration, too. Basketball

:kataus: How long is it? 10 pages or so? Razz Well at least, Artur Werner's soap operas are usually quite entertaining. :kataus: I have read a few translations of past ones. Wink As long as his facts are true, I guess he can get away with a few exaggerations. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:32

Well, actually, it is only about 3 pages long. :kataus: But it's 3 pages of just text, it's more like translating three pages of a book than a normal newspaper article.

And I've been Suspect of everything Verner writes ever since he wrote this really horrible homophobic article a few years ago. Evil or Very Mad But there are some things in this particular article that are really horrible and that I believe to be true because I heard about them completely separately. And because there is absolutely zero chance that Artur Verner and I got this information from the same people. :kataus: Suspect Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:34

First of all!

CONGRATS, LANA!!! 1000 posts! UAUUU!! GREAT!! cheers cheers nice nice

Is that man who rote the article well known in the skating world????
lol!
Is he a sports reporter???
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:36

Grace wrote!
Quote :
And I've been Suspect of everything Verner writes ever since he wrote this really horrible homophobic article a few years ago. Evil or Very Mad But there are some things in this particular article that are really horrible and that I believe to be true because I heard about them completely separately. And because there is absolutely zero chance that Artur Verner and I got this information from the same people. :kataus: :suspect

THE MAN SOUNDS not very nice character Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:42

Bea wrote:
Is that man who rote the article well known in the skating world????
Yeah, I suppose he probably is.
Quote :
Is he a sports reporter???
Ha, I actually don't know because I've only ever read his skating stuff. I guess he must do something else too, though? Because if he doesn't I don't know what he does for the six months of the year that there's no skating! :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:44

Grace wrote:
Well, actually, it is only about 3 pages long. :kataus: But it's 3 pages of just text, it's more like translating three pages of a book than a normal newspaper article.

Oh wow. :kataus: That would be a looot to translate. Shocked

Quote :
And I've been Suspect of everything Verner writes ever since he wrote this really horrible homophobic article a few years ago. Evil or Very Mad But there are some things in this particular article that are really horrible and that I believe to be true because I heard about them completely separately. And because there is absolutely zero chance that Artur Verner and I got this information from the same people. :kataus: Suspect Evil or Very Mad

:blush2: I never read that article. I didn't know about it. It sounds really horrible. No I've only ever read a few of his recent articles and I don't recall any uncalled for stuff in them. Suspect Who is Artur Verner, anyhow? I just know that he writes articles. Suspect I'm just curious as to how he might know all this stuff. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:44

Grace wrote:

Ha, I actually don't know because I've only ever read his skating stuff. I guess he must do something else too, though? Because if he doesn't I don't know what he does for the six months of the year that there's no skating! :kataus:

Nevermind, you already answered my question. zvet
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:48

Grace wrote!
Quote :
Ha, I actually don't know because I've only ever read his skating stuff. I guess he must do something else too, though? Because if he doesn't I don't know what he does for the six months of the year that there's no skating! :kataus

Well...the man can write about other spots! Winter sports! lol!
perhaps something like ICE HOCKEY..... geek scratch

But well...he can´t live only on what he writes on skating... scratch can h??? scratch
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 20:51

Bea wrote:
perhaps something like ICE HOCKEY..... geek scratch

Off topic, but do you like hockey, Bea? :kataus: They have some very pretty boys playing, so that's why I am asking. And we all know your opinion on them. Wink :respect: We'll that's... also... erm... the main reason I watch it. :blush2: :zy:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 21:01

Serena wrote:
Thank you, Grace for your explanation about that article!! affraid lol!

Dear Alexandra! :dube: :dube:
YOUR NEW ICON IS SO CUTE!!! GOOD FOR YOU , GIRL!!! :cheer: :cheer: CONGRATS!! :cheer: :cheer: :wink:

Thank you Smile
I had no idea that the little cup heart2 is an award for being the first. ...Wow...I can't belive this Wink heheee...
I thought this is for posting more than 1000 msj.
Lerochka is so cute and nice to award me. zvet zvet

Kisses to all loveall
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 21:20

Lana wrote:
:blush2: I never read that article. I didn't know about it. It sounds really horrible. No I've only ever read a few of his recent articles and I don't recall any uncalled for stuff in them. Suspect
Well, of course, most of them don't have any uncalled for stuff in them, they're just extremely dramatic. Exclamation
Quote :
Who is Artur Verner, anyhow? I just know that he writes articles. Suspect I'm just curious as to how he might know all this stuff. Rolling Eyes
I don't know how he got into skating reporting-- I'm pretty sure he didn't skate Smile -- but there are always pictures of him with skaters (I saw one from Moscow Worlds of him sitting in the stands with Albena, of course now I have no idea where it is), so I suppose that's how he gets his information. It's probably also how his articles end up being so very dramatic, because I get the feeling he only ever gets one side of any story. So the facts might all be accurate, but the presentation is not very balanced.

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that when Lerka gets the article translated-- um, if this is even the article she's translating :kataus:-- that I don't believe anything in it, just because of who wrote it. Or that I think that everything is absolutely exaggerated just because all the information is from the skaters and none from the coach that it's about. I am only saying... I try to approach it with an open mind and remember that there is an entire side of the story that is not taken into account at all. In my opinion that is slightly irresponsible journalism, even if the article that is written is entirely factually accurate.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 21:22

Lana wrote:

Well...I haven't heard about this either. In fact I haven't heard about this guy Embarassed Embarassed saaad It is possible that I read some of his articles, but did not remembered his name.. scratch
Lana wrote:

zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet
zvet :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: zvet
zvet :cheer: Congratulations!!! :cheer: zvet
zvet :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: zvet
zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat 27 May - 21:31

Grace wrote:

Anyway, I'm not trying to say that when Lerka gets the article translated-- um, if this is even the article she's translating :kataus:-- that I don't believe anything in it, just because of who wrote it. Or that I think that everything is absolutely exaggerated just because all the information is from the skaters and none from the coach that it's about. I am only saying... I try to approach it with an open mind and remember that there is an entire side of the story that is not taken into account at all. In my opinion that is slightly irresponsible journalism, even if the article that is written is entirely factually accurate.

Thanks for telling your opinion on this. Usually exagerated stories are not right at all...but there are true facts in it, even if presented in a dramatic way. Of course, a balanced report, an article that shows both sides and have accurate sources is much more reliable and better to read. It's much more enjoyable, if I can put it this way...

Of course, I don't know the guy or his articles so...I'll wait for it and after I read I'll say more..maybe Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Book for their life   Book for their life - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Book for their life
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next