Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Random pieces of off-season news...

Go down 
+7
alexandra
*~rachel~*
Serena
Maria
Vania
Grace
Lana
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Random pieces of off-season news... Empty
PostSubject: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeMon 10 Jul - 22:57

I think we should have a thread where we can put all the new bits of information that we hear. Wink Alot of things happen during the off-season, so it's good to be up to date. Ugu-ugu So, if you have anything to add to my list of random skating happenings, please do! Rose Anything like music choices, new coaches, team break-ups, etc. :wink:

* Fumie Suguri is getting her new FS choreographed by Zhulin. I don't believe there is any news on what the music will be. Smile

* Maria Petrova and Alexei Tiknov have decided to stay another season. Bravo! This decision is partly based on the fact that Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov aren't considered ready to take over the role as Russia's #1 team. Here is a Russian article on the matter. ⭐

* It's rumoured that Plushenko and Slutskaya are planning to compete at Euros and Worlds. However, there is no confirmation to this rumour and I frankly don't believe it.

* Also, it's rumoured that Wing/Lowe have decided not to retire. :blink: I am hoping this isn't true. And their Official website still states that they have retired. Wink

* A Russian Article states that Navkos have turned pro. Smile Also that Piseev said that Tatiana/Maxim, Plushenko and Slutskaya will not be competing next year... but... nothing is final. Wink

Anything to add? :wink:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul - 5:48

This is a very good idea, Lana. :vo:

I guess some of this may be in other threads, but I haven't checked.

*The Kerrs will be training with Evgeny Platov over the summer.

*Federica Faiella and Massimo Scali have left their coach in Italy (Roberto Pelizzola) to come to the U.S. to train with Pasquale Camerlengo and Angelika Krylova. First they will be in Delaware for awhile (although not at the same rink as Albena and Maxim), and then apparently the whole crew is moving to Detroit. Which of course means a rival coach in the area for Igor Shpilband (coach of Belbin/Agosto, Wing/Lowe, Drobiazko/Vanagas (well, sorta), practically every U.S. dance team, etc., etc.).

*Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov (U.S. Dance Silver Medallists) have left their coaches Nikolai Morozov and Shae-Lynn Bourne to train at the University of Delaware with Linichuk/Karpanosov.

*Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovsky have left their coaches Alexander Zhulin, Evgeny Platov, & co. Razz to train with Nikolai Morozov and Shae-Lynn Bourne.
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul - 10:12

Lana wrote:
Navkos have turned pro. Smile Also that Piseev said that Tatiana/Maxim, Plushenko and Slutskaya will not be competing next year... but... nothing is final. Wink

I hope it's true :| :| I mean for Navkos Surprised I don't want to see them at Euros or at Worlds next year.

Lana, do you mean Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin, because, erm, I'm confused yet with so many Maxims Laughing Laughing

I have some info, maybe you know it, because Lera said it in some topic:
*Albena's sister Ina Demireva and her partner Yuri Kurakin were in Moscow few weeks ago and have been working with Margarita and Povilas who helped them with their choreography. Lera said that their new lifts (Ina and Yuri's) are awesome.

loveall
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul - 16:01

Vania wrote:
Lana, do you mean Tatiana Totmianina and Maxim Marinin, because, erm, I'm confused yet with so many Maxims Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I did mean them. Wink Sorry, I forgot to write their last names. :blush2: I will go add them... Erm..

Quote :
*Albena's sister Ina Demireva and her partner Yuri Kurakin were in Moscow few weeks ago and have been working with Margarita and Povilas who helped them with their choreography. Lera said that their new lifts (Ina and Yuri's) are awesome.

No, I didn't see that originally. :blush2: That's really interesting news! Very Happy Thanks for mentioning it, Vania. zvet I think it's probably a really good move for Ina and Yuri to work with Rita and Povilas. Bravo! I'm sure it could help them a lot. :wink: Maybe, we will be lucky enough to see their programs this year. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeTue 11 Jul - 16:04

Grace wrote:
*Melissa Gregory and Denis Petukhov (U.S. Dance Silver Medallists) have left their coaches Nikolai Morozov and Shae-Lynn Bourne to train at the University of Delaware with Linichuk/Karpanosov.

Linichuk must be enjoying this. Wink It sounds like a lot of teams are moving to Delaware. Erm.. And thank god Melissa and Denis have left! I think they have good potential and maybe Linichuk will be albe to help them to improve. Wink Because... erm... I don't like Nikolai's programs in the slightest. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jul - 12:32

Lana!!! What a wonderful idea, this thread!!!

Lana wrote!
Quote :
Maria Petrova and Alexei Tiknov have decided to stay another season. Bravo! This decision is partly based on the fact that Julia Obertas and Sergei Slavnov aren't considered ready to take over the role as Russia's #1 team

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
That's a surprise...really!!! Shocked Shocked

I am very glad that Linichuck has got another very good team as students. She must be very pleased!!!

And...finally, Navka turned pro lol! lol! with El Jotero, surely!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jul - 12:34

Maria wrote:

And...finally, Navka turned pro lol! lol! with El Jotero, surely!!! lol!

Yes, finally! cheers Now they can made the Baba Yaga free dance Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jul - 14:45

Maria wrote!
Quote :
Lana!!! What a wonderful idea, this thread!!!

Yesss!!! I agree! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Vania wrote about Navka and El jotero!
Quote :
Yes, finally! cheers Now they can made the Baba Yaga free dance

YESS!!! FINALLY!! lol! lol!

I am glad for Linichuck and I am glad that the italian skaters are thinking of improving their skills!!
That may be very good for them and maybe they will prove that latin skaters have a say in this beautiful sport too!!

French skaters are very goo, but I don't consider them as latin shocked
..I can't think why, really!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jul - 14:58

Serena wrote:

French skaters are very goo, but I don't consider them as latin shocked
..I can't think why, really!!

erm... maybe because Gwendal and Olivier Schonfelder don't look at all as latin :blush2: , Marina isn't French :twist:
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

Number of posts : 314
Residence : jippie back back back... I've missed you and the forum!!!
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeWed 12 Jul - 21:26

Quote :
And...finally, Navka turned pro with El Jotero, surely!!!

finally yes!! more changes for Isa and Oli and Albena and Max...more original dansec then Carmen Very Happy

Thanks for all the news! I'm happy to know Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingcamel-griazev.tk
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeThu 13 Jul - 3:00

Vania wrote about my remark on latin skaters!
Quote :
erm... maybe because Gwendal and Olivier Schonfelder don't look at all as latin :blush2: , Marina isn't French :twist:
[/quote]

That's soooo right!!!

Gwendal and Olivier are sooo blonde!!! lol! lol! lol!

But they are good skaters!! Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeFri 14 Jul - 14:23

Grace wrote!
Quote :
*Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovsky have left their coaches Alexander Zhulin, Evgeny Platov, & co. Razz to train with Nikolai Morozov and Shae-Lynn Bourne

Changed coaches again!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
I admit that they don't give up!!! Always searching for something new!!!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeFri 21 Jul - 20:20

Heeei Lana dear!!! I like this thread, good idea. :vo:
Thank you Lana, Grace and all the girls for the informations. Some moves are a bit surprising, some are good...

I hope that it will be a better season for Maria and Alexei. I like Julia and Sergei, but I like the first couple more.

After what Grace wrote I have the impression that everybody is changing coaches, places to train and everything. Usually changes are good. But it can turn out bad if the skater is not compatible with the coach.

So, you say there is a rumour about Plushenko coming back!? It wouldn't be surprising at all, because he is very ambitious and my guess is that he will want to prove the whole world that he can still win.
Although I like him and I'd be happy to see a NEW program Rolling Eyes , the battle between Brian and Stephane (I hope it will be a strong battle - I'm mean I know...but I like them both. And they both skate very well..) is much more appealing Very Happy

I hope everything will turn out perfect, for Albena and Maxim's last season bg2
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 1:26

UAUUUU!!!

So many news! I like this thread too!! Wonderful idea!
Lots of surprises! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
I am surprised that Alexei and Maria are staying! Shocked and I'm glad that Navkos are retiring!!! GOOD RIDDANCE!!!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 18:53

Thank you, dear sestrichka, for creating this thread! :<33: Kisssssssssss it's a very uuuuussseeeefulll one Razz

Lana wrote:
Quote :

No, I didn't see that originally. :blush2: That's really interesting news! Very Happy Thanks for mentioning it, Vania. zvet I think it's probably a really good move for Ina and Yuri to work with Rita and Povilas. Bravo! I'm sure it could help them a lot. :wink: Maybe, we will be lucky enough to see their programs this year. Smile
Erm, Vania.. but it wasn't really what I said. Rolling Eyes Ina and Yuri were in Moscow to work with Sergei Petukhov and Sergei Chemoganov in Odintsovo for a week and then to work with Elena Kustarova in Moscow. They weren't here to work with Rita and Povilas. Rita and Povilas happened to be in Odintsovo at the same time and they gave Ina and Yura some pieces of advice. That's all.

*Fred Dambier decided to stay for one more season. But he will keep working with his coach.

And I have one question - Grace, Lana, do you know something about Aliona and Robin? Is there everything ok with Ingo Steuer and DEU? Are they allowed to be coached by Ingo again? confused
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 19:18

Lerka wrote:
Thank you, dear sestrichka, for creating this thread! :<33: Kisssssssssss it's a very uuuuussseeeefulll one Razz

reverance You're welcome, sestrichka! zvet

Quote :
And I have one question - Grace, Lana, do you know something about Aliona and Robin? Is there everything ok with Ingo Steuer and DEU? Are they allowed to be coached by Ingo again? confused

I read something about that... Suspect Let me go find it. :wink: I'll be back in a minute. :stari:
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 19:25

Lana wrote:
reverance You're welcome, sestrichka! zvet
:<33: :<33: :<33:

Lana wrote:
I read something about that... Suspect Let me go find it. :wink: I'll be back in a minute. :stari:
Wow Smile you are so nice, sestrichka! Thank you! :<33: Wheee!! Rose
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 19:44

Lerka wrote:
Wow Smile you are so nice, sestrichka! Thank you! :<33: Wheee!! Rose

I try. Razz :zy: hehe. :<33:

Erm... well apparently, Aliona and Robin performed their new FP at the traditional summer festival of the Chemnitz EC. Very Happy That was the newest update... Erm.. Apparently, it's a very demanding program. Shocked :woow: But, the article also states that their "future is uncertain". Weep That's not such good news... :disap:

hmm... where was the thing about Ingo, which I read? Suspect Still looking... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jul - 19:46

I suggest that you read this thread in FSUniverse, Lerochka! :wink: Sawtschenko and Szolkowy go to court If the link doesn't work, I can summarize what's going on. :wink:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul - 3:54

I think the short version of the latest in the Aljona/Robin/Ingo drama is that the German skating federation has fired Ingo, i.e., they will not fund his coaching anymore. Aljona and Robin can't pay him themselves, so their only options are to (1) find another coach or (2) skate for a country that will fund Ingo's coaching. As far as I know, they have not made that decision yet.
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jul - 15:13

Lera wrote!
Quote :
And I have one question - Grace, Lana, do you know something about Aliona and Robin? Is there everything ok with Ingo Steuer and DEU? Are they allowed to be coached by Ingo again?

I happen to looove Aliona and Robin's skating!

I hope everything will turn out fine for them! Really a pity that mess with Ingo! shocked I remember I read the whole story during the Olympics!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul - 2:35

Grace wrote!
Quote :
I think the short version of the latest in the Aljona/Robin/Ingo drama is that the German skating federation has fired Ingo, i.e., they will not fund his coaching anymore. Aljona and Robin can't pay him themselves, so their only options are to (1) find another coach or (2) skate for a country that will fund Ingo's coaching. As far as I know, they have not made that decision yet.[/quote

Poor Aliona and Robin! They looked so promising last season!
Do you think they will coose to skate for another country??? After all Germany even gave Aliona the German citizenship just in time for them to go to the Games! Very Happy scratch

I like them too!!
Hope they will overcome this very big problem!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul - 2:45

Bea wrote:
Do you think they will coose to skate for another country??? After all Germany even gave Aliona the German citizenship just in time for them to go to the Games! Very Happy scratch

I like them too!!
Hope they will overcome this very big problem!!! scratch
I suppose it's possible they could skate for Ukraine, since that's where Aljona's from, but I don't know how easy/hard it might be for Robin to get Ukranian citizenship in time for the next Olympics.

Another possibility that I overlooked in my last post is that they might be able to find a sponsor who would pay for Ingo's coaching-- that would work financially, but I'm not sure if the German federation would allow that, as I think it's possible that they would refuse to allow him to represent the country, that is to say, I don't think they'd let him go to competitions with Aljona and Robin.

I hope they can work this out, too-- they are by far my favourite pair right now.
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul - 12:13

Grace wrote!
Quote :
I like them too!!
Hope they will overcome this very big problem!!! :scratch:I suppose it's possible they could skate for Ukraine, since that's where Aljona's from, but I don't know how easy/hard it might be for Robin to get Ukranian citizenship in time for the next Olympics.

Another possibility that I overlooked in my last post is that they might be able to find a sponsor who would pay for Ingo's coaching-- that would work financially, but I'm not sure if the German federation would allow that, as I think it's possible that they would refuse to allow him to represent the country, that is to say, I don't think they'd let him go to competitions with Aljona and Robin.

I hope they can work this out, too-- they are by far my favourite pair right now.
[/quote]

Thanks for all these explanations, Grace!
The situation seems rather complicated.They are such a wonderful team heart2 and they more or less just have found eachother. And they seemed to undestand eachother so well.....
I hope they will compete...either way! saaad
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

Number of posts : 314
Residence : jippie back back back... I've missed you and the forum!!!
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jul - 13:57

Thank you Grace for all the info, it's really interesting. But what a pity for Robin and Aljona, they were doing pretty good last year and now this...
I hope it won't affect their training....maybe they can go to the US with Ingo without asking new citizenship like some Russians did...
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingcamel-griazev.tk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random pieces of off-season news...   Random pieces of off-season news... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random pieces of off-season news...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next