Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Waiting for the season 2007/2008

Go down 
+10
Lana
lanadd
*MAGic diable*
alexandra
dobrovesta
cute_n_gorgeous
rosee
Grace
rachel
Vania
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Empty
PostSubject: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 14:52

I moved this from another topic Rolling Eyes

Even though it's too early to think about the next season - here is the choice of ISU for next season CDs and ODs:

Quote :

Senior Solo Combination CD/OD

Eligibility: Must have passed complete Pre-Gold Dance Test

Compulsory Dance: Starlight Waltz – 2 patterns

Original Dance: Folk Country – per US Figure Skating/ISU definition

Vocal music allowed, but must skate predominately to the beat not the melody.

Requirements: 2 minutes +/- 10 seconds

SPIN: Only one (1) spin

Minimum 3 revolutions on one foot after which may change feet for further revolutions.

STEP SEQUENCES: Two (2) using a variety of continuous steps and turns. No jumps, stops or spins allowed. Full ice coverage on both.

1 midline including a series of twizzles with no more than 3 steps between the twizzles and at least one (1) full revolution on each twizzle.

1 circular either clockwise or anticlockwise.

STOPS: Two (2) 5-second stops are allowed to express the character of the music, one of which may be at the beginning of the program.

Now can someone explain what is US Figure Skating/ISU definition for Folk/country dance Razz
Back to top Go down
rachel
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
rachel

Number of posts : 89
Residence : England

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 15:09

affraid affraid affraid I still have nightmares about the Yankee Polka... am dreading this OD lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 15:10

Well, first of all, they've changed the Compulsory list for next season (they almost always do, I'm not even sure why they bother announcing anything two years ahead Rolling Eyes ). The Senior compulsories next year are
Austrian Waltz
Yankee Polka
Argentine Tango

The Folk/Country OD is confusing the ever loving crap out of absolutely everybody. I have many many notes on it, but of course now I have to get ready to go to work. Let's just say it should be... interesting. :kataus: The "definition" will be published in an ISU Communication that should be coming out soon, but I don't know exactly when.
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 17:01

Folk-country Razz ? Well...it will be interessting next year!
Back to top Go down
rachel
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 17:14

OMG folk-country **AND** Yankee Polka affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

I am expecting we will see lots of pinafores and dungarees costumes lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 17:25

lol! lol! lol! I can't wait to see the new ODs!
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeWed 4 Apr - 21:14

rosee wrote:
lol! lol! lol! I can't wait to see the new ODs!

oh, i'm already scared - it's not as if I liked folk too much flower
Back to top Go down
dobrovesta
AM in love
AM in love
dobrovesta

Number of posts : 116
Residence : PROUD WITH ALBIE AND MAX,PROUD TO BE BULGARIAN!!!
Registration date : 2007-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 1:50

rachel wrote:
OMG folk-country **AND** Yankee Polka affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

I am expecting we will see lots of pinafores and dungarees costumes lol! lol! lol!
Me too.There will be an interesting competition really scratch :vo:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 10:59

If I understood correctly the word dungaree (does it means jeans scratch ) I think we won't see so much of them, because I read somewhere in another site (but I lost the link) that country doesn't mean the American country music (like Cotton eye Joe - the ex of Barbara and Maurizio affraid on the Red square), but real folk music, and it's not necessary to choose a music from your own country. That's all I remember, I'll try to find this site again Wink and not loose the link. Very Happy

Hugs!
Back to top Go down
rachel
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
rachel

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 12:13

Vania wrote:
If I understood correctly the word dungaree (does it means jeans scratch ) I think we won't see so much of them, because I read somewhere in another site (but I lost the link) that country doesn't mean the American country music (like Cotton eye Joe - the ex of Barbara and Maurizio affraid on the Red square), but real folk music, and it's not necessary to choose a music from your own country. That's all I remember, I'll try to find this site again Wink and not loose the link. Very Happy

Hugs!

Vania this is GOOD NEWS!! lol! I hope you're right and it's not American country music... lol! nice

Dungarees are like jeans but with a 'bib' and braces on the front - hang on I will try to find a photo... http://www.bengeorge.info/img/photo/family/em/may05_dungarees.jpg
(the little girl is very cute but I don't know who she is, I just found the pic on google images!! baaa )
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 15:24

Overalls!

It's certainly true that American country-western music is not really what the ISU has in mind, but it's still very possible, I think, that a few teams might show up in jeans/overalls because other American folk dances (hoedowns, square dances, etc.) are definitely allowed and you can definitely wear jeans/overalls to do those kinds of dances, although something like this is more typical of a "formal" square dance.

I think, in general, the costumes will be very, very entertaining next year. lol!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeThu 5 Apr - 16:21

Grace wrote:
e.

I think, in general, the costumes will be very, very entertaining next year. lol!

Well...if we had some shocking costumes so far, I wonder what are we going to see next year!!

I must confess though, that Folk Country is an interesting choice. It seems that 'interesting' is the basic notion here. I'm happy they did so. It's smth 'new' and challenging. It's smth not so very common and I'm very curious how couples can make the best of it. scratch
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 17:13

alexandra wrote:
I must confess though, that Folk Country is an interesting choice. It seems that 'interesting' is the basic notion here. I'm happy they did so. It's smth 'new' and challenging. It's smth not so very common and I'm very curious how couples can make the best of it. scratch
Yesssss, I also think that the Folk Country OD must be verrry interesting :dube: But.. I must own that I still can not understand what exactly skaters are allowed to use and what they are not allowed to use. :study: I was searching for Folk Country on the net and in libraries.. but.. still.. I haven't got any clear idea. I understand that we can use American country-western music or Irish Folk music which is also quite widely spread or Spanish Flamenco... right? Suspect But... russian Kalinka for example.. Suspect it's not Folk Country, eh? And what about French Folk Country music??? Any examples???? poklon poklon poklon

Well... I'm dying already... Buh.. I want the new season to staaaartttt!!!!!!!!! :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 18:23

*MAGic diable* wrote:
alexandra wrote:
Yesssss, I also think that the Folk Country OD must be verrry interesting :dube: But.. I must own that I still can not understand what exactly skaters are allowed to use and what they are not allowed to use. :study: I was searching for Folk Country on the net and in libraries.. but.. still.. I haven't got any clear idea. I understand that we can use American country-western music or Irish Folk music which is also quite widely spread or Spanish Flamenco... right? Suspect But... russian Kalinka for example.. Suspect it's not Folk Country, eh? And what about French Folk Country music??? Any examples???? poklon poklon poklon

Well... I'm dying already... Buh.. I want the new season to staaaartttt!!!!!!!!! :kataus: :kataus:
why isn't Russian Kalinka folk?

And if it comes to folk music - what about some belly-dancing? It's absolutely folk as far as I know lol!
Back to top Go down
lanadd
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 18:42

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

And if it comes to folk music - what about some belly-dancing? It's absolutely folk as far as I know lol!

A belly-dancing on ice would be affraid ...the team to perform this has to have a very flexible upper-body lol!
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 18:50

lanadd wrote:
cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

A belly-dancing on ice would be affraid ...the team to perform this has to have a very flexible upper-body lol!

not only upper, dear! Your bottom should be verrrrrry flexible lol! - I' do a belly dance - I think that shaking hips would look Yahoooo!!! Vse on ice Wheee!! Wheee!! Wheee!!
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 19:08

lanadd wrote:
Vala wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that Navka would totally do a belly-dancing OD? :kataus: Embarassed But shhhh... We mustn't talk about it. Razz Navka might read this and decide to return. affraid lol! :zy:

But seriously, who could do a good belly-dancing OD? Laughing I don't think it's *such* a terrible idea. :respect:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 19:33

Lana wrote:
lanadd wrote:
Vala wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that Navka would totally do a belly-dancing OD? :kataus: Embarassed But shhhh... We mustn't talk about it. Razz Navka might read this and decide to return. affraid lol! :zy:

But seriously, who could do a good belly-dancing OD? Laughing I don't think it's *such* a terrible idea. :respect:

Right - Navka would have been good lol!
I think, Marie-France would do a belly dance really good - she's very womanly - and that is what is needed. And Pat has a special look every time he watches her. Jana and Sinead, I think, would be good as well - a girl should be hot but should control her temperament - it should be a sort of inner heat. Not Federica! And happily Grushina has retired - their Olympic FD - it was something eastern was a bore!
Not Oksana, Tanith - they are too "westernized".
Maybe, Isa - but still not sure about Olivier scratch flower
A&M can do it - but I don't think it would be a good choice for them zvet heart2 poklon
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 20:45

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

Not Oksana, Tanith - they are too "westernized".
Really ? I think that Oksana could do a belly-dance. She's flexible, and very beautiful... But too blond Suspect

Vala wrote:
Maybe, Isa - but still not sure about Olivier scratch flower
A&M can do it - but I don't think it would be a good choice for them zvet heart2 poklon

Isa ? affraid I just can't imagine her as a belly-dancer ! It would be... weird drunken .
Albena & Maxim, I can't imagine them. I'm sure Albena would be good at it, but just like you, I don't think it would be a good choice for them.

I'm sure you'll laugh a lot next year. Even if this folk OD is an interesting choice, I'm sure many pair will do strange things !
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:07

Lana wrote:

Pfffffffff. Navka would have a Baba-yaga OD, sestrichka :zy:
Baba Yaga is kinda russian folk character :zy: so it would be too cool to see Navka doing the Baba-Yaga FD and a Baba-Yaga OD :zy: :cool: I'm sure we are able to create something very different for the OD & the FD with you, eh? :zy: :lmd:

Seriously... as for belly-dancing.. I can't imagine Isa doing that... I think I agree about Marie-France & Yana. :smile:
Quote :
And Pat has a special look every time he watches her.
YessssssSssss !!!!!! Buh.. awwwwwwwwww... that's too hot !!! Buh.. :luvzy:
Their chemistry is just Buh.. :woow: Buh..

Mariiiinnaaaa, what's about French Folk??? Laughing poklon

And I have one idea. :dube: Let's post all the interesting pieces of music that match Folk Country OD we find/have and.... let's try to imagine who can skate to what !!!!! It would be very funny & interesting to compare our results with skater's real choices :twist:
Just the game: find the piece for skaters !!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :stari:
And we can imagine & even draw costumes.. :dube: + I know that skaters are curious people... and many of them loooove internet.. :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:14

*MAGic diable* wrote:
Erm... :blush2: I.absolutely.don't.know :blush2:
Maybe some folk dances from Bretagne (Brittany ?), pays Basque or Provence, but I don't know what it looks like. No folk dances in Paris I guess :kataus: But I'm going in Provence next week (you know, my dad lives there) maybe I will find something there ! :kataus:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:17

Marina wrote:
*MAGic diable* wrote:
Maybe some folk dances from Bretagne (Brittany ?), pays Basque or Provence, but I don't know what it looks like. No folk dances in Paris I guess :kataus: But I'm going in Provence next week (you know, my dad lives there) maybe I will find something there ! :kataus:

Oh! That's good! Learn some dances, then you'll give classes to the skaters, earn money - and we'll buy a kil :teasing: :teasing: :teasing: t for Maxim
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:49

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:
Marina wrote:
*MAGic diable* wrote:

Oh! That's good! Learn some dances, then you'll give classes to the skaters, earn money - and we'll buy a kil :teasing: :teasing: :teasing: t for Maxim
Noooooooooo Razz then we are all going to our Hawaii trip Razz :zy: :lmd: Good luck, Marinochkaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! luv xoxo lol! lol! lol! Actually, I know some Folk from Alsace and Corse (Corsica) Razz hehe :kataus: but well.. I'm not actually sure it IS Folk and it matches the OD Razz :zy: I must post it :wink:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:51

*MAGic diable* wrote:
Actually, I know some Folk from Alsace and Corse (Corsica) Razz hehe :kataus: but well.. I'm not actually sure it IS Folk and it matches the OD Razz :zy: I must post it :wink:
Oh yes, there is some folk music in Corsica, but I'm not sure about dance Suspect . Well, I totally don't know Suspect . I'm sure you know better France than me Val ! :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitimeSun 8 Apr - 0:54

Quoting Vania.
Quote :
Now can someone explain what is US Figure Skating/ISU definition for Folk/country dance

lol! lol! That's really is interesting, I mean that 's really going to be interesting!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Waiting for the season 2007/2008   Waiting for the season 2007/2008 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Waiting for the season 2007/2008
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next