Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ISU World Standings

Go down 
+6
Lana
Maria
Bea
alexandra
Vania
*MAGic diable*
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

ISU World Standings Empty
PostSubject: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeThu 20 Apr - 9:17

World Standings, Ice dancing
Just look.. Albena and Maxim are on 7th place there.. :face: saaad It is so strange for me. Of course, I understand how they count the points and for that part everything is ok, but still it seems unbelievable for me. Albie and Max's lowest place since 2004 was 5th + they missed two ECs (WD from 2005 and missed 2006) and Grand Prix series this season (only unlucky NHK..Sad), but 7th place is a little shock for me. Shocked
And Marie-France DUBREUIL / Patrice LAUZON are 2nd! Wooow! Suspect
Rita & Povilas - on the 28th place and Barbara and Maurizio - on the 41th with their wonderful coming back!!! :kataus:

As for Men standings, it was also quite confusing for me, because Jeffrey BUTTLE leads.. hm.. Plushy is 6th almost like Albenka and Max! Because of Grand-Prix, again.. scratch lol!
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeThu 20 Apr - 11:23

Yes, that's because Albie&Max missed the europeans. But Rita & Povilas 28??? They competed on all big championships! That ranking isn't so objective, because to win gold at the worlds or at the Olympics means much more than the gold at the euros, or the Grand Prix final!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeThu 20 Apr - 11:25

affraid affraid
I admit I don't understant THAT well the way they count the points. I have just a slightly idea about the scoring system....

but, but, but saaad ....Galit Chait and Sergei Sakhnovski (although they skate well and they are very artistic) aren't better than our sweet couple nooo . Neither Isabelle Delobel and Olivier Schoenfelder (which i also like) or Elena Grushina and Ruslan Goncharov (I used to like them but this season they were very mechanic in order to do perfect..so no feelings were involved...)

and as for guys....shocked same story..

How on earth is possible that Emanuel Sandhu is on second place (I have nothing at all against the guy...he is talented..but still needs a lot of practice...too many falls Crying or Very sad ) before Plushenko and Lambiel or even Joubert. I must say I'm a bit confused and shocked.

I might conclude after all that it looks like I don't understand the scoring system at all.... scratch
I sincerelly hope that I'm not offending anyone by saying this. It's only an opinion..my beliefs. zvet

hugs,
Alex

(maybe someone is able to explain all this...)
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeThu 20 Apr - 14:36

Alexandra wrote!

Quote :
I might conclude after all that it looks like I don't understand the scoring system at all.... scratch

I think you are right!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeThu 20 Apr - 20:59

Yesss! All this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!

Lana expained me this quite often last season!!! That those standings meant nothing! nooo

I really don't understand the ISU!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 0:06

Maria wrote:
Yesss! All this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!
Lana expained me this quite often last season!!! That those standings meant nothing! nooo
I really don't understand the ISU!
Yes, this list does not make sense, actually. It seems to be so useless in a way.. No
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 0:07

Maria wrote:

yes, we often discussed this on MSN... didn't we? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 0:20

The most important competitions for the ISU Rankings are Grand Prix competitions. [shrug] I don't know why, except maybe that that's what the ISU rankings are used for-- to determine who can get invited to Grand Prix events. Also now they're going to be used for bonus prize money.

So since Marie-France and Patrice did very well in the Grand Prix, their point total is of course much higher. Galit and Sergei and Isabelle and Olivier at least did their three Grand Prix competitions (two events each and the Final). In comparison, Albena and Maxim only had one event, and Rita and Povilas none, although they would get some points from Nebelhorn and maybe Karl Schafer.

It doesn't really matter to their ranking that Albena and Maxim didn't compete at Europeans (this year or last year). Only a skater's points from the ISU championship event (Europeans, 4 Continents, Worlds, Olympics) where they finished highest count for that category. So, Albena and Maxim's 1st place from Worlds would count for their point total, whereas Rita and Povilas's 3rd place from Europeans would count for theirs. And last year, since they had to withdraw from Europeans, Albena and Maxim's 5th place at Worlds counted toward their point total.

The good news for Albena and Maxim (except for the bonus money) is that since they were in the top 12 at Worlds (obviously Very Happy), the rankings have no effect on how many Grand Prix events they would be able to compete in, if they were to compete next year. Your ranking only becomes important for Grand Prix assignments if you didn't place in the top 12 at Worlds.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 0:41

I understand all this...and I try not to care. But it's not very enjoyable to see a classification and find them so low...
But it makes sense if you take in to consideration what you wrote...Wink I'll try to look at the situation from this perspective..

maybe they should change some of the criterias..
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 2:18

DEAR GIRLS!!!! heart2
Lana wrote!
Quote :
yes, we often discussed this on MSN... didn't we? Embarassed[/size]
[/quote]

Yessss we did! Very Happy SUCH ENJOYABLE CONVERSATIONS WE HAD ABIUT SKATING! :stari:

AND I HOPE WE'LL HAVE MORE IN TIMES AHEAD!!! :vo:

Sometimes I miss our conversations, but there will be penty of opportunities in the future!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 10:00

Hi, girls!
In the guestbook there's link to a site where you can vote for your favourites! it's posted by Rusalka. Our Albenka&Max are 6th!! Sad pale That's the link (thanks, Rusalka! heart2 )

http://www.voote.com/jsp/VoteServerPage.jsp?TransID=RVOTES01&VoteID=342

I hope it still works!
Bye!
loveall
Back to top Go down
Rady
AM in love
AM in love
Rady

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2006-04-08

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 13:16

thanks, Vania!!! zvet I'm going to vote now Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.fotolog.com/albena_maxim
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 14:28

Thanks Vania for the poll.. zvet
interesting results...
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 14:41

Hello!

I HAVE ALREADY VOTED!!!FOR MY LOVELY SKATERS!!!

IT's STRANGE THAT BABA YAGA AND FRIEND IS FIRST IN EUROPE!!! scratch

THEY WERE BOOOOOD IN LYON!!! scratch
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 15:33

I agree it's really strange Suspect
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 15:35

rosee wrote:

Or maybe it isn't because, I suppose, the site is american and maybe many americans did vote, that's why the results are this kind. Suspect Suspect
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 16:18

Vania wrote:
rosee wrote:

Or maybe it isn't because, I suppose, the site is american and maybe many americans did vote, that's why the results are this kind. Suspect Suspect

I think this is very possible Wink but I'm still not very happy about it saaad
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 16:19

I think you're right because Belbin/agosto are 2nd Wink
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 21:14

Girls, Queridas! heart2

I have just voted too!!!! But, now they are in 5th zvet

Bea wrote!!!
Quote :
IT's STRANGE THAT BABA YAGA AND FRIEND IS FIRST IN EUROPE!!! scratch

She is right!!!!
How can Xena and el Jotes be in first in Europe???? shocked shocked
Defitely it must be an america site!!! shocked
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 22:51

I've just voted, too..
hmm... only 6.77% for our sweet couple! confused Suspect
so strange.. 331 votes for Navka? Surprised brrr..
I'm glad fans of Isa & Olivier were there and voted!! lol! I prefer they were placed higher that Navka!! lol!
My results:
1. You will never guess!! :kataus: Albena & Max!
2&3. Rita & Povilas and Isa & Olivier.. I can't choose right now.. they are wonderful :stari:
But we must promote Albie and Max!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 22:55

Wooow Smile Jess & Bryce's photo in "Favourite Pair" voting is soooo cute!!!! nice :stari: I did vote for them!!!! lol! :stari: ohhhh
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 23:26

MAGic diable wrote:
Wooow Smile Jess & Bryce's photo in "Favourite Pair" voting is soooo cute!!!! nice :stari: I did vote for them!!!! lol! :stari: ohhhh
Hehe, me too. Wink That was my first instinct..so I voted. No regrets!!
They are very sweet and the photo is also very nice...I agree with Lera
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 23:42

alexandra wrote:
MAGic diable wrote:
Hehe, me too. Wink That was my first instinct..so I voted. No regrets!!
They are very sweet and the photo is also very nice...I agree with Lera
yeap, Alex, and everything to make something pleasant for Lana, eh? :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: Kidding, of course! :wink: You know that I love Jess & Bryce too! They are super cute!! Razz :stari:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeFri 21 Apr - 23:53

LERA WROTE!!!
Quote :
You will never guess!! :kataus: [/size] Albena & Max![/color]
2&3. Rita & Povilas and Isa & Olivier.. I can't choose right now.. they are wonderful :stari:
But we must promote Albie and Max!!! Razz
[/quote]

PRECISELY MY OPINION!!!!

WE LOOOOOVE ALBIE AND MAX!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitimeSat 22 Apr - 0:40

Maria wrote:
PRECISELY MY OPINION!!!!
WE LOOOOOVE ALBIE AND MAX!!! THEY ARE THE BEST!!!
Yes, Albenka and Max are the best!! Razz Razz Razz :dube:
And if someone doubt.. erm.. but I don't think we can find that "someone" on our forum, eh? :kataus: :dying: :stari:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISU World Standings   ISU World Standings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISU World Standings
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next