Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses

Go down 
+2
Petra
cute_n_gorgeous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Empty
PostSubject: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 13:30

Albena Denkova. The Queen from the Country of Roses.

Albena Denkova has been a living national symbol of Bulgaria for many years. After her participation in the Ice Age she got fans in Russia (oh, come on!) – according to the spectators’ voting she was elected the most beautiful girl of the show (remember how we did it? Smile), but the title “Snow Queen”is not the only achievement of Albena, she is a two-time world champion in ice dancing and now she is the President of Bulgarian Figure Skating Federation. Albena Denkova told to the readers of “Led” how she manages to combine creating an image of a slavish beauty, sport and social activities.

How did you imagine your life when you left sport? Did your expectations meet the reality?

My life in the professional sport ended 2 years ago. Then I thought I would be able to take care of my family and myself, that I would rest, find new space to realize my creative needs. But I turned out to be crazy in love with the job to which I have devoted 25 years of my life in spite of all the hardships connected with it, in spite of all stresses and injuries. I still felt very happy and of course I thought: “How am I going to live without figure skating?” But luckily I received an invitation to participate in an ice show in Russia. I have never seen such a TV project – and I watched German, Italian and English versions of the Ice Show. Here as in no other show people have a very professional and creative attitude to their job. Bulgarians also watch the Ice Age on cable TV, our Bulgarian fans even came to Germany to support us when the Ice Age tour was there. Now I’m very happy with the current spate of things. I still skate. My new life led to many nice acquaintances, gave me new fans and that is a great happiness for me.

Professional sportsmen as people of “a nomadic profession” must have a blurred sense of home, right?

Well, you are not right here. I love my country, my home very much. I try to spend all my spare time in Bulgaria, especially as I have my social work there, and this work requires my active participation – I’m the President of Federation of Figure Skating. The profession of a skater requires a lot of traveling. We didn’t have a good training ground and a coach in Bulgaria, so my partner Maxim Staviski and I had to live and work far away from home. We spend the last two years in America and before that we had lived in Odintsovo, a Moscow satellite town, for 4 years. Training camps and flights are very familiar for us, that is just my way of life – it’s restless but I like it a lot.

Being the President of Bulgarian Figure Skating Federation you have a right for your own office, don’t you?

Of course, I have an office but I don’t use it, that’s just a formality. My job is to develop Figure Skating in Bulgaria and to organize championships.

Can you become a politician one day?

Quite unlikely. Once I was offered to become a judge, but I rejected the offer. I think politics and court are pretty similar and this sphere is not my cup of tea. In this sphere you must often say not what you really think, and I can’t be devious, I’m always sincere, I have a burning sense of just deserts.

Do you have any unrealized dreams?

All my crazy dreams have come true. Really, I could have never imagine I would become a World Champion twice – that was just an unattainable altitude for me. It’s something unbelievable for my small country. Frankly speaking I don’t like to make plans. As they say, man proposes but God disposes. My life experience proves that every time. It’s better to live in the present and enjoy it.

I'll come up with the second part in the evening.
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 14:06

Here´s the original Russian version :smile: (for those who can´t open the "closed" malchik forum that Vala mentioned in the other topic...). Thanks to antarex 10 zvet from svetlyachki forum!

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Led7110

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Led7210

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Led7310

And if you need a larger version of the text: go here, and click on the thumbs:
Link: http://svetlyachki.forum24.ru/?1-4-0-00000008-000-240-0-1243420210
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 15:17

Were there any moments when your life could have gone in an absolutely different direction?

Twelve years ago I could not find a figure skating partner for a very long time. Then I had a very difficult period of reflection. I wanted to change my life radically and to leave for France to study design there. But then I met Maxim and a new period in my life in sport began.

Isn’t it a little bit embarrassing for you that everybody knows and worships you in Bulgaria but in Russia sometimes nobody recognizes you?

There are some pluses in this situation. One may get tired of being popular, it’s not an easy thing to be under people’s attention all the time: you must smile to everybody, say hi and always look flawless. In Russia I can walk freely and feel comfortable.

Do you prefer to spend your vacation in Bulgaria?

I normally do. As a rule we can have our rest in summer – for a couple of months. We have a house at the seashore where all my loved ones gather together – dad, mom, sister and Maxim. There is no better place: there is everything you need for rest in one territory – sea, mountains. Skiing is very popular – families go skiing on weekends. You can visit sacred sites, for example, the Rillsky monastery or Krestovaya mountain. It’s not easy to get there you need to take a long serpentine road. Generally, Bulgaria is an ideal place to go for beauty and health, there are a lot of specialized resorts with peloid and mineral procedures.

What is Bulgarian-style beauty?

Naturalness. Our women don’t trust plastic surgery that much. We have very few obese people, the majority leads a healthy life. Bulgarian rose oil which can be added to creams, shampoo and even drunk is known all over the world. It’s made of rose petals and it’s very popular in France where it’s added in perfumes and cosmetics. Even when the Japanese come to Bulgaria their first question is about the rose oil because they also like everything natural.

What do you pay special attention to when you take care of yourself?

Mainly to my body. I like sauna, massage, including oriental massage, peloid and mineral baths. Once I tried a procedure based on the Austrian technology “Hypoxy” which helps to lose weight. A treadmill or a fitness cycle is put into a small camera. When you exercise inside the camera your body is affected by specially distributed pressure and due to it you can lose weight on specific problem parts of your body.

How come you have these weight problems? You train and take part in shows all the time!

During my vacation I may get a couple of kilos because I prefer passive rest – I can just lay and do nothing all day long. Besides I eat a lot of tasty things at this time. But when I competed I had to be very strict to myself – trainings plus diet. I read a lot of books on balanced food plan – I think I can even defend a dissertation on this problem. I had to try many diets because each diet stopped to be effected after I used it and I began to look for a new one. Protein diet is very effective – you need to exclude all carbohydrates from your menu. You must stick to this diet for a week and you lose a lot of weight during this week and then you just need to keep fit.

Do your views change radically throughout your life?

Of course, my attitude to life changes with time but it’s hard for me to give up my principles. Life changes everything and sometimes these changes make me cry. It’s very hard for me to confess that I was wrong, that I made a mistake, but I try to learn how to do it. I respect people who don’t have problems with apologizing. I’m very critical towards myself.

And do you know your strong points?

I don’t like to praise myself. I’d rather others spoke about my merits.

And what does your beloved Maxim tells you good words for?

For many things. Ask him.

Inna Rusanova.

P.S. I should say that is one of the best interviews with Albena I ever read. loveall

P.P.S. Thanks to antarex10 - she was SOOO quick! flower
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 15:31

And you were very quick with translation, Vala! sunny
Thank you so much for it!!!! ohhhh
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 19:58

Thank you very much, Vala! zvet zvet zvet
Is it the only photo in the article Shocked ?
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 20:02

Vania wrote:

Is it the only photo in the article Shocked ?
Unfortunately: Yes! saaad
In all the forums : only this...
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

Number of posts : 1255
Residence : LA
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 20:09

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses ThA_TYroseSpelledOut Vala for the translation :stari:
Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses ThThankyouKDRtranspPetra & antarex10 for scans . heart2
:woow: Awesome interview. Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Rose
Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses 3fb66504b5ac3b30f7cf5637ab85560b Albenka , our sunshine queen Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses 9251from the land of roses Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses 9485
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 20:15

Well, there are some other pics - we all have seen them:

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Cb8e405a475a

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses 74a8f198f659

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses B9028673fbbf
Back to top Go down
Ivana
AM in love
AM in love
Ivana

Number of posts : 151
Residence : Slovakia
Registration date : 2007-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 20:40

Thank you, Vala, for translating the article so quickly. zvet
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 20:44

Smile Oh, normally I have to translate something about law or oil refining so translating artciles about A&M is just a piece of cake Smile)))))
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 21:16

Pffff lol! !
LED has "stolen" the pictures from Albies and Maxi´s book Laughing ...
Only the one with Albie and the cat cat is new...

Thanks again for posting, Vala!!! ohhhh
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeWed 27 May - 21:20

Petra wrote:
Pffff lol! !
LED has "stolen" the pictures from Albies and Maxi´s book Laughing ...
Only the one with Albie and the cat cat is new...

Thanks again for posting, Vala!!! ohhhh

yes, I was not happy about the pics either - if they didn't take their own they might have chosen more impressive pics - it's just my personal opinion but there are lots of better pics of A&M! And I don't like the way they are put together!

Am I being mean?
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitimeFri 29 May - 16:08

Thank youuuuu, darlings!!! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! You guys are fabulous! Rose And it's so wonderful to read this kind of interview with Albena. :dube: Buh.. She seems so positive and lovely! sunny I'm glad that the trial hasn't damaged her spirit too much. zvet zvet :luvzy:

Vala wrote:
yes, I was not happy about the pics either - if they didn't take their own they might have chosen more impressive pics - it's just my personal opinion but there are lots of better pics of A&M! And I don't like the way they are put together!

Am I being mean?

No. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I totally agree. So, if you're are mean than we shall be mean together. bla-bla-bla :kataus: :kataus: I would've liked some new photos too. :zy: Though the one of Albie and the fluffball kitty is PRICELESS. :kataus: I love it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses   Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Led, 7, June 2009. The Queen from the Country of Roses
Page 1 of 1