Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How is figure skating in your home country?

Go down 
+8
alexandra
Serena
rosee
Bea
cute_n_gorgeous
risha_11
SaraSofia
Lacey
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

Number of posts : 91
Residence : in my own world
Registration date : 2006-11-28

How is figure skating in your home country? Empty
PostSubject: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr - 0:02

Tell us about the conditions and any prospective skaters we might see in competition soon. We need to know so we cheer them up and maybe Very Happy sponsor them with... our great support pirat !
How is it in Romania, Portugal, Brazil, Ukraine etc?
Back to top Go down
SaraSofia
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
SaraSofia

Number of posts : 45
Residence : Montreal, QC
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr - 7:03

Well, in Canada, figure skating is obviously very good! We are very spoiled with all the opportunities we have. I do not know much about figure skating in Romania, though Sad I skate representing my club here in Canada. We are doing senior dance tests next week. I am very nervous, and I hope I pass!! My partner is good, though. So we should be ok affraid

But you made me think. I will look up some stuff on figure skating in Romania. Incase I ever go back and want to coach or something lol!

xox
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Number of posts : 541
Residence : Moscow,Russia
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr - 16:12

Figure skating....If it had been in our country it would be amazing,but pale I think we have only one skating rink for the whole country,anyhow the situation isn't very good \/ But I don't stop to hope that may be one day all will change and finally...nonsense :blush2: Erm..
P.S. SaraSofia,good luck for your dance tests :wink:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr - 20:09

SaraSofia wrote:
Well, in Canada, figure skating is obviously very good! We are very spoiled with all the opportunities we have. I do not know much about figure skating in Romania, though Sad I skate representing my club here in Canada. We are doing senior dance tests next week. I am very nervous, and I hope I pass!! My partner is good, though. So we should be ok affraid

But you made me think. I will look up some stuff on figure skating in Romania. Incase I ever go back and want to coach or something lol!

xox

Oh!!!!! You are a figure-skater!!!!! heart2 heart2 heart2 nice
Back to top Go down
SaraSofia
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
SaraSofia

Number of posts : 45
Residence : Montreal, QC
Registration date : 2007-04-03

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeTue 17 Apr - 22:15

Quote :
Oh!!!!! You are a figure-skater!!!!!

I am! Smile I only started when I moved to Canada, but have been skating in shows and things ever since. I have been skating with the same partner for 6 years...I had to do ice dance because I am VERY tall for a figure skater!! (170 cms) That and I can't jump to save my life Rolling Eyes

We are spoiled with our arena. It's very nice!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 0:36

In my country there isn't Figureskating! Sad There is no tradition at all Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad No one skates on the ice. There are no ice rings except one in Serra da Estrela!
But some young peolpe rollerskate, which is very popular here. No ice hockey, but there is rollerskating hockey.. shocked

There is a novela for teenagers, Morangos com acucar lol! Strawberries with sugar in english ,that tries to motivate young people to rollerskate shocked , but the young girl that does, isn't very popular among his friends...noone takes her seriously...so it's no use!
People prefer go to the beach in the afternoon or in the evening or sit outside enjoying the cool air.., because we are a mediterranean country...

Beijos!
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 16:58

Well...if i talk about France...It's obvious that there's a lot of skaters and ice rinks Wink

But in Reunion we don't have any because of the weather sunny we have only 2 sesons: Summer & Winter.

It's summer from October to June! And during Winter it doesn't go under 24 ° C :kataus: (It's mostly around 26°/27°) so it's almost impossible to have ice rinks.
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Apr - 19:33

quoting Bea!
Quote :
In my country there isn't Figureskating! Sad There is no tradition at all Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad No one skates on the ice. There are no ice rings except one in Serra da Estrela!
But some young peolpe rollerskate, which is very popular here. No ice hockey, but there is rollerskating hockey.

Unfortunately that's the plain truth Sad Sad Sad Sad
I don't believe we will ever have real skaters Sad like you all have!!It's so sad! Sad Sad Sad ... and what's more upsetting is that lots of people here like the sport..
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr - 0:32

SaraSofia wrote:

xox

Oh please come....
We need people and the willingness to do smth and involve in the sport. Actually the situation is not very good. I even spoke with our only girl, who was at euros and she told me that it is not possible to have performance in Romania because of the poor conditions Sad Sad Sad

And there aren't skating rinks that can be used off-season...all of them are for the season.

I heard our commentators saying that there are chances to build one in the future and maybe bid for the 2010 Euros...but than, both of them admitted it's not yet possible and everything in doubtful so far.

Ahm....but to have Euros in my country is smth I will not dare to dream about. At least not in the very near future :cryy:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Apr - 18:28

I would like to tell you about figureskating in Brazil, but I haven't any info about it..
But, I wouldn't be too astonished if they come up with some skaters ..
They are a very huge country, so we never can say...
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 10:16

Bea wrote:

I would like to tell you about figureskating in Brazil, but I haven't any info about it..

I doubt there's figure skating in Brazil. silent
But maybe we'll see someday a Brazilian skater, why not. I'm curious to know if there are ice rinks in Brazil Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Number of posts : 541
Residence : Moscow,Russia
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 10:47

Vania wrote:
Bea wrote:

I doubt there's figure skating in Brazil. silent
But maybe we'll see someday a Brazilian skater, why not. I'm curious to know if there are ice rinks in Brazil Rolling Eyes
Some months ago I watched figure skating competition at the winter Universiade and there was a girl from Brasil.She wasn't very good,but it doesn't matter.So the figure skating in Brasil is developing,that's very good! Smile
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 16:54

All I can say is that in this country we are doing a vey big effort about winter sport.. Very Happy
I think young people are responding Very Happy Very Happy and the city of JACA is on the race to organize winter Olympics in 2010... Very Happy
I think that by then we will be ready to compete, I mean really compete!

BESOS!

For you For you For you
Back to top Go down
Marta
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 26
Residence : Poland
Registration date : 2007-02-01

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Apr - 22:17

In Poland the situation in figuire skating is not very optimistic. After Dorota and Mariusz retired, the only hope for near future in skating is Dominika Piątkowska and Dmitri Khromin, the other pairs couple. In ice dance there are 3 couples, a little bit better situation with solo ladies and men, but the Polish champion Przemek Domański told me that he can't do the quads and probably it's to late for him to learn that, so for the next couple of years we can only dream about top ten places for our competitors.
There are 9 clubs in the county, with quite good condition, I practice a little in Katowice (not in the club but in so called "skating school") and it's quite ok there. The best club is in Oświęcim (Dorota and Mariusz come from here), but it has financial problems recently, sponsor withdrew from skating, hockey is still sponsored. And there are not many well qualified coaches.
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr - 18:39

Queridas mias,
In my last post I meant the Winter Games 2014..of course...
The W.G in 2010 are in Vancouver... Very Happy

BESOS!
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitimeSun 22 Apr - 20:03

rosee wrote:
Well...if i talk about France...It's obvious that there's a lot of skaters and ice rinks Wink
Yes, Rosee is right ! Many ice rinks in France, many trainers, many good clubs, many skaters...

But I can't say that the conditions are very very good for skaters. The FFSG (it means "Fédération française des sports de glace", it's the French FS fed) is the worst sporting federation in France (the best are for football, rugby, swimming and tennis). Not enough money, no good officials... No
Well, conditions are better than in Romania, Bulgaria or Portugal, but it's not Russia, USA, Canada... Wink

And we have the chance to have a GP event (Paris for seniors, Courchevel for juniors) and some galas.
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is figure skating in your home country?   How is figure skating in your home country? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How is figure skating in your home country?
Page 1 of 1