Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worlds are canceled??!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Worlds are canceled??!! Empty
PostSubject: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeSun 13 Mar - 21:07

I have just read about that... Still I don't know if it's true.

A bit off-topic: My condolences to the people of Japan, I hope that our Japanese friends from the forum and their families and friends are ok. My thoughts are with you! heart2
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeMon 14 Mar - 14:26

It's official:

ISU statement:
Quote :
Lausanne, March 14, 2011

Taking into account the continued critical developments in Japan, the ISU’s primary concern for the safety of all participants, spectators and members of concerned entities as well as the travel advisories from many governments to avoid travel to Japan until the situation is settled, the ISU in consultation and agreement with the Japan Skating Federation (JSF) and in line with the advise of the Japanese authorities, has concluded that the staging of the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2011 scheduled to be held on March 21-27, 2011 is not possible and the Championships will not be held during that time.

The postponement of the Event or alternatively the final cancellation is under evaluation.

Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 1:19

Vania wrote:
I have just read about that... Still I don't know if it's true.

A bit off-topic: My condolences to the people of Japan, I hope that our Japanese friends from the forum and their families and friends are ok. My thoughts are with you! heart2

My deepest condolence too to all the people of Japan! It´s a really sad sad thing that has happened there saaad . It´s so sad that I don´t know what to say to it. saaad
I really wish the best of all to everybody in Japan heart2 , equal if they are friend of this forum or not.

lovely heart lovely heart lovely heart

Back to top Go down
joyva
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
joyva

Number of posts : 97
Residence : Alabama USA - God bless Albena & Maxim
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2011   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeThu 24 Mar - 19:45

According to a ticker tape message on one of the international cable news networks, Russia has offered to host (or will definitely host) the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2011 since Japan is unable to do so.

Hopefully, more information about this competition will be forthcoming.

My heart goes out to the Japanese people as they deal with so many sad issues pursuant to the earthquake and tsunami. saaad

I hope Daisuke Takahashi is O.K. Exclamation Question
Back to top Go down
joyva
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
joyva

PostSubject: Re: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeSun 27 Mar - 16:51

Here is a news article stating that Worlds competition will be held in Moscow and when it will be held:

http://figureskating.teamusa.org/news/2011/03/24/2011-isu-world-figure-skating-championships-awarded-to-moscow/41549

cheers
Back to top Go down
joyva
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
joyva

PostSubject: Re: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitimeThu 21 Apr - 16:38

Link to entire schedule and plenty of information for Worlds 2011:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_World_Figure_Skating_Championships

This is exciting! Especially since it might not have happened at all. We're just 3 days away from this event. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worlds are canceled??!!   Worlds are canceled??!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worlds are canceled??!!
Page 1 of 1