Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maxim in driving accident

Go down 
+21
cute_n_gorgeous
Ewuch
ulia
Aliska
Wondergirl
bya_peyton
Morgana
Baghira
MARI
risha_11
7llewops
a_Hot_Nerd
Swetis
Ivana
Lacey
why
joyva
viktoria
piemontesina
Petra
Vania
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 21:11

... I only want to mention that the money Maxim has to pay now is the highest in Bulgarian judging history ever! Maxim is the first one who has to pay such high reparation!! ... pale
Back to top Go down
MARI
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
MARI

Number of posts : 642
Residence : Albie, Max! Thanks for all!
Registration date : 2006-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 21:15

I don't know what to say.......Albenka, Max, please, HOLD ON!!!!! We are WITH YOU ALWAYS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://mari13.livejournal.com/
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

Number of posts : 880
Residence : Torino
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 21:32

Petra wrote:
... I only want to mention that the money Maxim has to pay now is the highest in Bulgarian judging history ever! Maxim is the first one who has to pay such high reparation!! ... pale

It's incredible!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 21:32

Really nice Rolling Eyes : Where in hell had the judges their heads and their brains as they made the sentence?? Seems to me they have not used them for thinking, otherwise statements like the one below would not be published some hours after the trial was over!!! Puhhhhhhhh

Judge: We Should Have Confirmed Staviiski's Suspended Sentence Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=100224 (in English)

Quote :
"Staviiski's isolation from society for a longer period of time will not lead to the achievement of the aims of general prevention", Judge Koshnicharov declared adding that he also did not believe the new larger compensations imposed by the three-member panel chaired by him were justified.

In his words, the original sentence from January 2008 would have served better the aims of general and personal prevention in Staviiski's case.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

But this can give us hope that Maxi´s appeal might be successful! poklon
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 22:05

Some translations from "focus" articles from today. They give a short survey of the situation: Crying or Very sad

I hope the translations are good enough! I did my best!

Agency "Focus"
Maxim Staviski effectively sentenced
Members of the Bourgas Court of Appeal changed the sentence of skater Maxim Staviski of conditions in an effective, forward correspondent Agency Focus. Among returning to the work of the Supreme Court for retrial, today came the new decision of Appeal Bourgas magistrates. Three-member board ruled that the sentence remains the same - two and a half years, but to sustain is radically different. According to the verdict Staviski will lie in prison two and a half years at an initial mild regime.
And amended the composition and size of the civil claims. Instead of the 90 000 leva to each of the parents died Peter Petrov, Staviski will have to pay 120 000 on every one of the parents. And increased the size of the civil claim Manuela Gorsova that after the crash was in a coma. Instead of the original 80 000 leva, the court ruled 150 000 leva.
Reprehensible decision is particularly opinion signed by the chairman of the judicial staff Judge George Koshnicharov. Later in the day of today it will disclose the reasons for this particular opinion.
One of the lawyers of Maxim Staviski-Rosen Kozhuharov - comment about "Focus" that strongly disagrees with the decision of the Burgas Court of Appeal and will appeal. He added that it is disappointed by the new sentence.
Katja NIKOLOVA

Agency "Focus"
The decision of the Court of Appeals - Burgas may be appealed to the VKS /(=Supreme Court)/
The decision of Burgas Court of Appeals in the case against Maxim Staviski may be appealed before the Supreme Court (VKS) showed consulting agency "Focus". The term for this is 15 days. One of the lawyers of Staviski - Rosen Kozhuharov already said it will appeal today's decision by the three-member board of the Court of Appeals - Burgas, which Staviski of probation for the crash of August 5, 2007, was amended effective.
The decision of the Court of Appeals - Burgas was also appealed to the VKS. Then came VKS case "Staviski in Burgas for review.
As "Focus" report - today came the new decision of Appeal Bourgas magistrates. Three-member board ruled that the sentence remains the same - two and a half years, but to sustain is radically different. According to the verdict Staviski will lie in prison two and a half years at an initial mild regime. An amended the composition and size of the civil claims. Instead of the 90 000 leva to each of the parents died Peter Petrov, Staviski will have to pay 120 000 on every one of the parents. And they increased the size of the civil claim Manuela Gorsova that after the crash was in a coma. Instead of the original 80 000 leva, the court ruled 150 000 leva.

Agency "Focus"
George Koshnicharov: Staviski of probation is not a precedent in case law
President of the judicial composition of the Burgas Court of Appeals George Koshnicharov announced to the media the reasons for specific feedback on the signing of the decision of the court that the punishment of Maxim Staviski amended by the conditions and effectively increases the amount of civil claims forward correspondent Agency Focus. According to the chairman of the judicial composition of the first court verdict is correct and legitimate and imposed penalty is fair. According to him are unfounded arguments for "obvious injustice" imposed on the defendant penalty upheld a protest and complaint of the private prosecutor Gorsova Diana (mother of Manuela). "The principle of justice requires criminal responsibility to match the severity of the crime and personality of the figure" but also "the immediate purpose of punishment is to influence the criminal (individual prevention) and the other members of society (general prevention). According Koshnicharov imposed a conditional sentence of Staviski imposed by the District Court is not a precedent in case law. "The same facts and legal qualifications in a number of decisions the Supreme Court of the Republic of Bulgaria has expressed its view that in principle to transport crimes committed by drivers of motor-vehicle intoxication" should be imposed in stricter penalties. And in these cases has not ruled out the possibility to apply condemnation, "reads Judge Koshnicharov reasons. "Based on the overall assessment of the evidence in the case, consider that it is imperative that effective implementation of punishment in order to repair the defendants pursuant to Art. 36 of the Penal Code. With the exclusion of the defendant, Maxim Staviski off society for a longer period of time will not achieve the objectives of general / general prevention, the chairman of the judicial staff is emphatic . According to him are unfounded complaints and objections to the civil claimants for understated the amount of damages awarded. Awarded compensations in accordance with the requirements of justice under the law and the constant practice of the Supreme Court of the Republic of Bulgaria. Therefore, Judge George Koshnicharov believes that the verdict of the District Court should be confirmed and signed a therefore particularly new opinion decision of their colleagues. During the press conference the judge recalled that the Bulgarian court decisions are taken by simple majority. So two votes of his colleagues Light Tsoneva and Dimitar Dimitrov had its prevalence in the delivery of effective punishment for Staviski.
Katja NIKOLOVA

Agency "Focus"
Maple Notev: Conflict in the decision of the court is that Staviski must pay huge sums while lying in prison
I can not comment on the decision of the court before he saw reasons. Of course not mean I agree, I will appeal. It said before the agency "Focus" one of the defenders Maxim Staviski lawyer Yavor Notev. Occasion for comments is today's decision of the Burgas Court of Appeal, which he amended the verdict of Staviski of conditions effectively.
Notev lawyer pointed out that it is difficult to comment before they become clear reasoning of the court. "There is one fact which, if true, speaks for many of the disputed nature of such a decision - especially opinion of the President of the Chamber. This was the case in Sofia, in the Supreme Court. But still no information, "said Notev.
Asked what would be reflected in Staviski confirmation hearing next instance, down from Burgas Court of Appeal Notev replied: "No one will gladly accept such a perspective for themselves. Of course, that before it will outline the tragic episode. On the other hand, what he said was very rezonno and reasonable. There are increased benefits to size as our jurisprudence does not know. This is the conflict in the decision - he must pay amounts that are familiar to our judicial practice, the other must pay until implement effective sentence in prison. We can not happen in prison kind of money does not win, "stressed Notev.
He reminded that this is not the final verdict and is expected decision and VKS. Lawyer Notev was clear that by the Maxim Staviski everything is passed under his - he has always appear when and where they are, but his defenders have no reason to delay the process. The lawyer recalled that it was selected abbreviated judicial inquiry, suggesting the court ruling in the final version until half a year.
Asked prevent or affect the public interest of the process Notev answer: "Publicity has, it has its influence in various fields and directions. If you say that influences the judges, this is a very difficult assessment for them if they really capable of public interest and be guided by it. I tell him conditional should not be. But if your assumption is true, indeed offensive to the court.
Ludmila SPASOVA

Radio "Focus" Sliven
Georgi Petrov: Whatever be the verdict of Staviski will return Peter
Parents of dead Peter perceived by the media for effective sentence of Maxim Staviski. "We are interested in work or convictions. Whatever it is the court decided, and 100 years imprisonment it was found, my child is gone, "said to Radio Focus - Sliven father Peter - Georgi Petrov. The mother of the boy Dzhenka is in Italy. Georgi Petrov asked the media not to call his wife and not to seek comments on the verdict. "Trying to keep his family away from it all. Not even sure you want to appeal the verdict, "he said.
23-year-old Petar Petrov died on 5 August 2007 in the crash caused by World Figure Skating Champion Maxim Staviski. Traveling in the car Manuela Gorsova was longer in a coma. Staviski today received an effective sentence two and a half years imprisonment.
Ludmila YORGOVA

Agency "Focus"
Psychology Prof. Tatiana Yancheva: Hard uniquely interpretation of the case by Staviski
Interpretation is uniquely difficult to make, said before the agency "Focus" Prof. Tatiana Yancheva, psychologist of PFC Levski "on effective sentence of Maxim Staviski. "On the one hand sin deserves punishment, but on the other - such events, sailorly, a man who became an idol for young people ... I is not able to give an explanation on the case. I accept it with mixed feelings, "added Prof. Tatiana Yancheva.
Sports journalist of the newspaper in "24 hours" George Banov said the "Focus" that the World Figure Skating Champion Maxim Staviski should be pardon "before it cross the threshold of prison. "Hardly Maxim Staviski is the biggest offender, who can enter the jail. Let management pardon him before he cross the threshold of jail because he has given a lot more of them in Bulgaria, and there are murderers who are still free - he said.
Vasil RANTCHEV

Agency "Focus"
Reuters: Staviski was sentenced to jail
Bulgarian world champion in ice dancing Maxim Staviski was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison for driving drunk in which prang causes the death of one man and one girl still in a coma following the incident, given agency Reuters.
A year ago 31-year-old Staviski received a suspended sentence of 2.5 years prison, but prosecutors appealed, stating that no mitigating circumstances wines.
Staviski lawyer said that today's verdict was "unfair" and his client will appeal.

Agency "Focus"
ITAR-TASS: Maxim Staviski received an effective sentence in Bulgaria
Court of Appeals in Bourgas replace suspended sentence of two and a half years of World Champion Figure Skating Maxim Staviski of effective, forward ITAR-TASS.
In August 2007 in a car accident involving Staviski one man died and another is injured and currently is in a coma. The inquest found that figuristat was under the influence of alcohol. According to the decision of the court and have increased amounts of civil claims. Lawyers Maxim Staviski already said that they do not agree with the decision and will appeal.

Last edited by Petra on Mon 5 Jan - 22:23; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
bya_peyton
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
bya_peyton

Number of posts : 36
Residence : Italy
Registration date : 2008-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 22:08

Petra wrote:
and there are murderers who are still free - he said.

[/i]

I think the same!! he can't go in jail!! he has paid enough!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bya_peyton
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 22:36

Argggg shocked ! I really do not know why I made all these translations above myself Mad ! Focus-fen.net decided to make just the same some time later, and this in perfect English!! Bad luck for me Rolling Eyes !

http://focus-fen.net/?id=n165845 (in perfect English)
Back to top Go down
joyva
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
joyva

Number of posts : 97
Residence : Alabama USA - God bless Albena & Maxim
Registration date : 2007-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jan - 23:30

God bless Judge Georgi Koshnicharov for his comment even though it does not change things for now.

The judges will have their chance on the appeal and perhaps Koshnicharov's words will help change some minds at that time.

I don't know how in the world Maxim and Albena keep their sanity in the face of all of these trials and starting over, over and over again. They are incredibly strong people and it is something to be very thankful for.

They have too much to offer the world to be taken out of circulation with Maxim behind bars. May God bless both of them and keep them in His care.

Let's pray always for our precious and highly esteemed friends!
saaad Crying or Very sad :angel2: Weep :cryy:
Back to top Go down
Aliska
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
Aliska

Number of posts : 31
Residence : Latvia
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 0:11

I'm new here.
And my english isn't so perfect, but I can't silent.
I don't believe!!!!!!! I hope Max will be free!!!! I hope Staviski lawyer will win the appeal.

Max, Albena, we are with you!!!

:cryy: :cryy: :cryy:
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 0:17

George Banov, sport journalist, said:
Quote :
he has given a lot more of them in Bulgaria, and there are murderers who are still free

He has given honor and glory for Bulgaria, but they treat him
worse than a habitual offender....

(Petra, thank you for your work zvet )
Back to top Go down
Baghira
AM in love
AM in love
Baghira

Number of posts : 191
Residence : Austria
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 0:22

This is not right! Not right at all!!!
2,5 years AND so much money to pay - this is just not fair!
As you said, he gave so much to this country and they tread him like a criminal - and according to me he is NOT a criminal! In my opinion you are a criminal if you WANTED to kill a person, but he did everything to help! He has suffered enough! If his appeal isn't successful, I think I'm really learning the wrong profession - I could have NEVER decided that way! Not with anybody else and definately not for a famous sportsman who became and idol for so many young people!

And again it shows, that unfortunately justice and law don't have anything to do with each other...
I'm at a loss of words... can't believe it

PS.: Petra your translation was perfect too!

Last edited by Baghira on Tue 6 Jan - 0:37; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 0:34

piemontesina wrote:
George Banov, sport journalist, said:
Quote :
he has given a lot more of them in Bulgaria, and there are murderers who are still free

He has given honor and glory for Bulgaria, but they treat him
worse than a habitual offender....

I hesitated a bit to post this here, but IMO it expresses so well the situation. And it expresses exactly the same you are mentioning, Piemontesina! And somehow it gives hope!
Originally it was written in Bulgarian language in Bulgarian forum by mimosa zvet zvet ! I think it´s perfectly said:

Quote :
Namely love and glory be transformed into malice and envy - a typical Bulgarian feature. They found their scapegoat to quiet the unclean conscience of the Bulgarian society. Just judges capable of universal negativism sheep - once managed and a man to crush / break and they enjoy watching him fall. I have no words to express this indignation of society in which we live.
Unfortunately, Max will pay a grave price of their fame and notoriety as a result of his work and enormous talent. Talent thanks to Russia and (...?).
In Bulgaria, however, it will be a scapegoat - as in Figure Skating phenomenon, so it / he will be a precedent in our judicial system, the man who will pay for any mistakes - his and others. Maybe this is his destiny - always be first.
A long time ago in a previous forum of Albi and Max I wrote about his vision of faith, hope and love. So far in 2004, then fantastic, I expressed the opinion that one day Albi and Max will be on top because we believe it. Then various people laughed about me. But I think we need to continue with faith, hope and love. And regardless of what it costs, Albi and Max will come out with dignity from this situation and will be on top. Just their only place is there - at the top.
I do not know in what form will this be - as sportsmen / as coaches / very likely or just as people live through its catharsis, but they will be on top because they have our faith, hope and love."
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 0:56

Petra! ohhhh
Thank you very , very much for the translation by mimosa heart2 zvet
she wrote exactly what I feel, and, I think , what
WE all, on this forum, feel about what is happening..... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 1:12

Baghira wrote:
(...) If his appeal isn't successful, I think I'm really learning the wrong profession - I could have NEVER decided that way! (...)
And again it shows, that unfortunately justice and law don't have anything to do with each other...
I'm at a loss of words... can't believe it (...)
Baghira, when in the end Maxi´s case and the experiences you are making with it helps you to become an honest judge, lawyer or prosecutor, and if it has the influence on you that, while judging or having a defendent, you never forget about your heart and your inner voice that tells you to keep the balance between justice and injustice, and when because of this you give the right, correct and just sentence to the one who is standing in trial in front of you, then in the end Maxi´s case has done something good! Then we have one sincere judge, lawyer or prosecutor more in this world, and that will be a victory!!
And I´m sure, when in some years you are working in your profession and are thinking back to the times you have spend here, when you think about Maxi, Albie, the pain they had to go through and the injustice that was done to them, when you remember Albie´s tears and Maxi´s lost eyes, then you will do the right thing / sentence! And then you will be a good, fair and honest judge, lawyer or prosecutor! And that´s what the world needs!

Alby & Max!! Alby & Max!! Alby & Max!!

Piemontesina wrote:
Thank you very , very much for the translation by mimosa
she wrote exactly what I feel, and, I think , what
WE all, on this forum, feel about what is happening.....
Piemontesina, that was exactly the reason why after a lot of hesitation I finally decided to post it here! Because she wrote the words we are all feeling! ohhhh
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

Number of posts : 1255
Residence : LA
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 2:41

I still can write anything without being emotional.How can anyone stay calm in situation like this.What more could be done .Effective sentence , more money for what : to satisfy the irresponcible ,hypocritical and gready father , to ease the pain of anyone involved in this tragedy , to make Maxim an example of what and for whom?None of this will happened if Max goes to jail .I don't remember exactly who gave an example with similar situation in other countries and different sentences.I don't want to discuss this ad nauseam again.Cases are different ,people are different , jurisdictions and etc. are different .His sentense according to the Bulgarian Law was a precedent because of the amount /most of it he already paid before the end of the trail/, because of the publicity that turned upside down not only his and Albena's life but the whole society and to tell you the truth part of this society doesn't make me proud .This case was an ordeal not only for Max or anyone involved,it became an ordeal for everyone who can speak or write ,and oh ,boy, some of those writers make me think that i don't know my native language very well.

So i was thinking whom those two judges were trying to satisfy with their decision ;thousands or drivers who will continue to drink and drive? What they were trying to prove:that there is an adequate judging in Bulgaria,there is no corruption and the BIGEST criminal is Maxim?

I don't think so !!!!!

What made them think he is not remorseful enough :his smiles during Ice Age ,the interviews ,the popularity in Russia ,the love of their fans ,his hard work,the donation?It is a show and the show must go on.I can't help but think of what Albena's mother said about her participation in the previous Ice Age :"Albena is smiling in front of the camera but her heart is crying" . There is nothing else to say.Even though someone could argue and say "Oh,well , Maxim is not Albena" i think he is .I think he is in even worse position than her and it takes a very strong person to deal with all the pressure and still be able to perform and entertain.

The problem is that they are honestly open and take everything with dignity.Many people don't appreciate this and prefer to see them miserable and covered with mug and feathers .
In their interview for BTV ,after the last trial Albena said :-
"The hardest thing is to come back and to continue to live, to communicate with people and...It was very dificult because we put a lot of effort and made many sacrifices to reach some success .And when you finally think "Thank God i reach my goals, the prize doesn't matter" and feel somehow relieved that from there everything should be easier ,suddenly this happend .All in all you can't find the answer ,why life serves you with those painful moments but when you think of it : we are not the one in the hardest situation here.The families who lost their relatives are more affected and you just stop whining and complaining...We are just trying to save the little dignity we have left."

Prisons are for real criminals,Maxim's worst punishment is his conscience;his real rehabilitation is his work and the help he could provide to the victim's families.

I still believe that the same society will stand up again and say :"Enough is enough ! He is paying his sentense , he is willing to help ,he learned his lesson"
Back to top Go down
Baghira
AM in love
AM in love
Baghira

Number of posts : 191
Residence : Austria
Registration date : 2008-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 4:38

Petra: Thank you so much for your words! I hope I will learn from this for my life and always find the balance between law and justice!

Viktoria: I couldn't agree more - Let's show Albie and Max that we love them and that we'll always be there. We have to support them now to help them carry on! Let's show them that they still have their dignity!
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 4:55

Baghira wrote:
Let's show Albie and Max that we love them and that we'll always be there. We have to support them now to help them carry on! Let's show them that they still have their dignity!

heart2 This is all we can do Baghira. heart2

Petra wrote:
http://international.ibox.bg/news/id_354880993 (in English)

Quote :
Staviski will serve his sentence under a light regime.

Please can someone of the Bulgarians explain what "a light regime" means?
(Is this the "condition" under which he has to stay in prison (if appeal in Supreme Court will not be successfull)? If "light regime" is that what I suppose it to be, then, at least in Germany, it would mean he is allowed to go outside the prison during daytime for working (But what work would it be in Sofia? His work is in Russia! Not in Bulgaria at the moment!) and has to come back there for sleeping.))

Thanks in advance zvet !

Yes,Petra is prety much the same in Bulgaria. A prisoner with light regimen has right to work out of the prison ,to get to his working place without guard and has to go back to jail only for the night .The "only strict "restriction is that he doesn't have right to leave his work without a notice from his employer .
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 10:40

Hi!
I want to apologize, but I can't enter today in the forum. I know you may have some questions (Petra Rose ), but I'll try to answer ASAP.
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 11:10

http://www.btv.bg/news/news_details.pcgi?cont_id=123963 No

Effective sentence for Maxim Staviski. The world figure skating champion was sentenced for two and a half years in prison. Bourgas Court of Appeal decided by two votes to one. Today’s verdict took place, after the Supreme Court returned the case for further consideration. The reason - the skater’s suspended sentence is a bad example for the society.

According to today’s decision of Bourgas magistrates the world champion Maxim Staviski has to spend two and a half years in prison under initial light regime. This means that Staviski will sustain his sentence in the same jail dorm as the mafia boss Dimitar Zhelyazkov – “The eyes”.

Judicial staff changed the amount of the civil claims as well. Instead of 90 000 per each of the parents of the deceased Petar Petrov, Staviski will have to pay 120 000 leva. From 80 to 150 000 leva was increased and the amount of the civil action for Manuela Gorsova who after the accident fell into a coma.

The President of the tribunal staff George Koshnicharov signed the verdict with reservation.

“It is unlikely to achieve General prevention, if convicted Maxim Staviski is isolated from the society for a longer period of time - in this case of 2 years and 6 months imprisonment. I disagree also with the increased amount awarded to the civil claims because they are invaluable, "said Koshnicharov.

Staviski’s lawyers also disagree with the decision of the appellate magistrates and will appeal the sentence on a third instance.

In August 2007 while driving drunk Maxim Staviski a crash in which 24 died annual Petar Petrov, a 18-year-old Manuela Gorsova fell into a coma.

Stvisky’s defense will appeal

One of the motives to appeal will be the increased amounts for compensation. According to the champion's lawyer, these amounts are unknown in the Bulgarian justice.

In consideration of the case were presented payment receipts for 210 thousand euro, paid by the defendant to the relatives of the victims before the entry of the sentence. Here's more what the lawyer Yavor Notev said to Miroluba Benatova:

Y.N."I do not accept the compensation amount as normal because it is unknown to our justice system. Now is 120 thousand for moral damages for Manuela, this does not include treatment, medicines and supplies that will be the subject of another case and the amount can reach enormous sizes. Usually, in identical situations the court awards no more than 40-50 000 leva.”

M.B.” Here is expected that the world champion can afford more thing then a ordinary criminal “
Y.N.” The world champion’s status became heavy load for Maxim’s destiny. He really doesn’t have the possibility of let’s say an average soccer player for example. And this is the internal contradiction of the decision – on the one hand, we have abnormally high amounts. Money that can’t be acquired and accordingly provided for treatment if Maxim is in jail "

Maxim Staviski and Albena Denkova are in Bulgaria
but they refuse to comment on the decision of the Bourgas Court, which is not yet final. We are reminding you part of the exclusive interview with Albena and Maxim and Miroluba Benatova, which they gave on December 1, 2008.

Maxim Stavisky: Everything is hard.

Albena Denkova:"In general, yes. It was very difficult because we put a lot of effort and made many sacrifices to reach some success .And when you finally think "Thank God i reach my goals, the prize doesn't matter" and feel somehow relieved that from there everything should be easier ,suddenly this happened .All in all you can't find an answer ,why the life serves you with those painful moments but when you think about it : we are not the one in the hardest situation here.The families who lost their relatives are more affected and you just stop whining and complaining...We are just trying to save the little dignity we have left."

M.S.: You have the feeling; I don’t know that the whole world hates you and you are feeling guilty in front of everybody. Besides I really feel guilty for lots of things that happened that day and I couldn’t see a reason to go out and excuse myself.

A.D.- Ironically he became one of the best faces of this campaign/ “Don’t drive drunk”/, because all saw visually and continue to see in many ,many details what can happen to man if drinks and gets behind the wheel.
M.S. - If principally doesn’t follow any rules. We were happy people before this .Now I constantly call the Israeli clinic to ask how Manuela is. Albena always asks how we can collect any money for Petar also. We paid the amount partially but I owe a lot more.
M.B.-Everybody says he has to go to jail. He killed a man and left half-dead girl. In one or another way those are two deaths and he deserves to go to prison.
M.S.-Probably this punishment for crime like this is adequate but there is no way I could help the victim’s families and in particular Manuela. I can acquire and do anything if I am in jail.

Parents of deceased Petar Petrov are satisfied with the court’s decision
but they stated that Staviski’s effective sentence will not return their child. Mother of Peter Petrov - Dzhenka Petrova, learn about the court’s decision from the media.

"This verdict may have been issued from the District Court, and we couldn’t appeal, but it is good that our justice opened one of his eye and looked slightly more realistically at the things, I feel partially satisfied “ said Dzhenka Petrova .

Parents intend to keep lawsuit against Maxim Staviski for mild injury and moral damage to their youngest son Valentin.

"I will open a case for my youngest son who is also affected by this accident. Valio grow just for one day after the accident, he simply became a man .The holidays are the most painful moment for him and when all celebrate he shuts yourself in and cries, "Said Petrova.

Peter’s mother referred to the relatives of accidents victims not to cease and to seek justice. Peter’s relatives refused to comment on the higher amount of civil claims, established by today's decision of the Appellate Court.

The other victim of an accident caused by Maxim Staviski -- Manuela Gorsova is still in a state of "awake" coma

At first Manuela remained in Burgas hospital, later at the Military Academy in Sofia, and since May last year she’s been getting treatment in a specialized hospital in Israel.

Treatments are paid by sponsors and escrow accounts. One day stay in hospital "Sheba Tel Ashomer" costs about a thousand dollars.

BTV traced part of Manuela, s recovery process in Tel Aviv in September last year. Since then the state of the 19-year-old girl is improving slowly.

I don't want to comment anything else.Mimosa really said it very well.
I just wish lots of courage and hope heart2 to Albenka and Max heart2 .
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 16:39

Thanks for the link and your translation, Viki zvet ! As always from btv the vid does not work for me directly from the site, but this time at least I´m able to download to my PC and to watch it then! saaad

Besides: You found the right words too to what has happened yesterday at the bottom of the last page zvet !!

Edit: Oh, I just realized this from your translation:
Quote :
Parents intend to keep lawsuit against Maxim Staviski for mild injury and moral damage to their youngest son Valentin.
So they are not satisfied with the amount of money and want more! Great! I´m sure Bulgarian judges in one of the next trials will give it to them! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 17:19

http://news.ibox.bg/news/id_385918188 (in Bulgarian)
Let´s hope lawyer Notev is not only saying this to press! More important is that he is working with all his strength to make his prediction true! poklon

Translation by google:
"Maxim will not remain in jail, lawyer Notev predicts
news.bg
Sentencing of Maxim Staviski is not surprising since it is within the limits provided by law.
This said to New Television Maple Notev, attorney of Staviski. In his opinion there are rather unclear motives.
The lawyer said that the first working day of the new year was not the best day for the announcement of the decision.
Awarded amounts are unknown until now in case law, pointed Maple Notev and added that Maxim acted properly, having paid in advance, before the entry into force of legal acts otsadenite as a fair balance of the court.
He recalled that for the second time a member of staff is a particular opinion.
The lawyer predicted that Maxim Staviski will not remain in jail.
It is recalled that composition of the Burgas Court of Appeal changed the sentence of skater Maxim Staviski of conditional into effective.
Among returning to the work of the Supreme Court for retrial yesterday came new decision by the Appeal Bourgas magistrates.
Three-member board ruled that the sentence remains the same - 2 years and a half, as Staviski shall lie down with the initial light mode!"

Last edited by Petra on Tue 6 Jan - 17:27; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bya_peyton
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
bya_peyton

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 17:22

how can we translate this article? what has the lawyer said? Crying or Very sad
sorry I can't understand bulgarian Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 17:26

bya_peyton wrote:
how can we translate this article? what has the lawyer said? Crying or Very sad
sorry I can't understand bulgarian Crying or Very sad
Byanca, I always need some time for the translation. Normally it´s done 10 minutes after I post the link Wink ! Therefore only be patient and wait some minutes Wink ! I never post a Bulgarian or Russian link without translating Wink !
Back to top Go down
bya_peyton
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
bya_peyton

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 17:26

thank u for the translation..
but NOW, in this precise moment, maxim is already in jail????
Back to top Go down
bya_peyton
AM fan novice
AM fan novice
bya_peyton

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jan - 17:27

sorry dear Petra Crying or Very sad
I didn't know Crying or Very sad
thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maxim in driving accident   Maxim in driving accident - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maxim in driving accident
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next