Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Our names :lol:

Go down 
+20
Mirella
rachel
Anya
dobrovesta
sara
alyosha87
Bassoonee
Lindi
artonice
cute_n_gorgeous
russianskaterdiva
Tacti
rosee
mila
Lana
*MAGic diable*
Marina
*~rachel~*
alexandra
Vania
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Our names :lol: Empty
PostSubject: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 16:33

Let's start this new topic, OK?
It was Lerka's idea - to make a special topic to talk about our names Wink and stop be constantly off-topic Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 16:38

Ok..Smile

Let's try to break the ice with your diminutives.
I'm so curious about them and I'm sure that there are some really beautiful diminutives..
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 16:43

I'm the first? :blush2: OK then...

Vania - it's obvious :twist: and the more popular of the diminutives of my name (it's Ivanka btw)
Vanichka (as Lerka calls me) - I love this one, because only my closest friends call me like this :kataus:
Vanche
Vanyusha :wink: (very cute one)
Vanyushka
Vanyushche - I know it's hard to write them in latin letters, it's not easy to explain how they're pronounced
One of my colleagues calls me Vanessa :blink: :blink:
Some people even call me Iva :blink: :blink:

and so on...maybe there are others, but I can't remember right now.

Who is the next?

:angel2:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 16:52

Vanichka sound nice...I really like it!!

Vania wrote:

But for some reason, I also like Iva. For me, Iva sounds powerful. Wink

Is it possible to call someone Ivanka -> Anka, because we have this name here. "Anka" is a girl name...it's not a diminutive, but I was thinking if it's possible..

:<33:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 16:59

Maybe it's possible (we have Anka in Bulgaria), but still no one called me like this! Laughing
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

Number of posts : 314
Residence : jippie back back back... I've missed you and the forum!!!
Registration date : 2006-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 17:23

they are awesome Vania Very Happy especially Vanyushka and Iva is also very nice, that's a girls name by us, not a diminutive, one of my classmates is called like that.

kusjes!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.flyingcamel-griazev.tk
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeTue 1 Aug - 17:30

Vania wrote:
Vanichka (as Lerka calls me) - I love this one, because only my closest friends call me like this :kataus:
Vanichka is my favorite. heart2 I also like Vania, but it's the one we use here.
But I was sure that your real name was Vanessa. Ivanka is so beautiful :stari: I really love it. It sounds typically Bulgarian in my ears.
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 0:26

Vania wrote:
I'm the first? :blush2: OK then...

Vania - it's obvious :twist: and the more popular of the diminutives of my name (it's Ivanka btw)
Vanche
Vanyushka
Vanyushche - I know it's hard to write them in latin letters, it's not easy to explain how they're pronounced
One of my colleagues calls me Vanessa :blink: :blink:

and so on...maybe there are others, but I can't remember right now.

Who is the next?
Oh, you are soooo quick, girls!!! Razz Vanichka :respect:
Hm! You know, we have the same diminutives for russian Vania (boy's name Ivan) - Vanyusha, Vanyushka Very Happy
And I must say that I love Vania as girls' name much more! It is sooo cute :dube: Vanyushka is my favourite ohhhh :stari:
And.. ermm.. Erm.. yes, who is next?? :cheer:
My name has a loooot of diminutives as well Smile and you know that :twist:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 2:28

Lerka wrote:
And.. ermm.. Erm.. yes, who is next?? :cheer:
My name has a loooot of diminutives as well Smile and you know that :twist:

Erm... Erm.. I could go. Suspect My diminutives are very few, though. :zy: Razz Well, at least, the English ones. Laughing And I would love to hear all of your diminutives, Lerochka! zvet :stari:

Mine are...

My full name is Lauren. After Lauren Baicall (Razz), but sadly I don't have cat eyes like her. Weep Laughing
Laur - erm... as the girls at RG (+ Lerochka Wink) call me. I like this one. sunny
Laurie - I hate this short form. Rolling Eyes My friend used to call me it to piss me off. Laughing It worked to.
Lana - well... this one is obvious. :zy:
Also, there are Lanochka, Lanchik and the other Russian diminutives that Lerka calls me. :lmd: Laughing And that's about it... lol! Not very exciting, eh? lol!

Now, who's next... :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 2:31

Vania wrote:
Vanyushka
]

Ohhh... those 3 names are especially cute. :wink: Vanyushche looks very pretty, but... I have no clue how to pronounce it! Embarassed Very Happy It's funny how Russian and Bulgarian names have millions of diminutives, when English ones have *at most* one or two. Shocked :blink:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 11:47

Lana wrote:
It's funny how Russian and Bulgarian names have millions of diminutives, when English ones have *at most* one or two. Shocked :blink:
Yes. And French ones have less, sometimes any diminutives.
I like Laur very much. It's cute !

So for Marina, erm... Not a lot of diminutives in France.
Manou : only one friend calls me like that, she invents it and I like it very much because this friend is very close to me. But it's more a diminutive for girls whose name is Marine.

But I love my Russian diminutives (I have a lot as my name is obvious in Russia) but nobody calls me like that, except Val of course !
Marinochka : this one is so cute ! I'm sure it's cutier with Val's little russian accent. nice
Marishka : maybe my favorite and I like the diminutive of this diminutive too :kataus:, Marish.

So, nothing new or exciting.
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 14:16

Lana wrote:
Erm... Erm.. I could go. Suspect My diminutives are very few, though. :zy: Razz Well, at least, the English ones. Laughing And I would love to hear all of your diminutives, Lerochka! zvet :stari:
Yes, ok Razz You are going to hear them :twist:

Lana wrote:
Mine are...

My full name is Lauren. After Lauren Baicall (Razz), but sadly I don't have cat eyes like her. Weep Laughing
Laur, you know, I loooove your name!!! And your eyes are even more charming Laughing so, no cries! :luvzy:

Lana wrote:
Laur - erm... as the girls at RG (+ Lerochka Wink) call me. I like this one. sunny
Awww :dube: my favourite.. I love calling you like that! When I write it, I usually repeat it in a loud voice "Laur.. Laur.." :kataus: Beautiful! :stari: :kataus:

Lana wrote:
Laurie - I hate this short form. Rolling Eyes My friend used to call me it to piss me off. Laughing It worked to.
:kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 14:19

Quote :
Also, there are Lanochka, Lanchik and the other Russian diminutives that Lerka calls me.

they are so cute nice

Quote :
So for Marina, erm... Not a lot of diminutives in France.
Manou : only one friend calls me like that, she invents it and I like it very much because this friend is very close to me. But it's more a diminutive for girls whose name is Marine.

But I love my Russian diminutives (I have a lot as my name is obvious in Russia) but nobody calls me like that, except Val of course !
Marinochka : this one is so cute ! I'm sure it's cutier with Val's little russian accent.
Marishka : maybe my favorite and I like the diminutive of this diminutive too , Marish.

Marishka is just lovely name :woow:

In Holland it's the same...almost no diminutives only when a name is long likte Dees for Desiree or Sas for Saskia. as far as I know my name hasn't any diminutives...probably only Rach and when my mom is angry she sometimes calls me Rachelle. I'd like to know the Russian/Bulgarian etc. variants!!! :smile: if they are....
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 14:28

Marina wrote:
Wow.. Shocked I'm surprised to hear this diminutive!!! Manou.. heart2 but it is cute!!! nice :stari:

Quote :
Marinochka : this one is so cute ! I'm sure it's cutier with Val's little russian accent. nice
Marishka : maybe my favorite and I like the diminutive of this diminutive too :kataus:, Marish.
Of course, you love Russian diminutives, ma demi-russe Razz As I love my french diminutive very much lovely heart
Marinochka and Marishka are the cutest russian diminutives! cheers and with my accent :kataus: As for Marish.. I must make it clearer..
So.. In russian language there are two kinds of telling names. The first one - simple. When you apply to a person or when you talk about him (her) and the second kind - only when you apply to a person, when you talk to him (her) Oh my poor head! I hope you could understand what I want to say. Embarassed
Soo.. Marish is not a diminutive of Marishka, but it is a form of the appeal. You can say "Marishka" as well when you apply to Marina, but if you talk about her with another girl you can't call her Marish, only Marishka. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Soo.. Marina. The form of the appeal is Marin (or Marine in french).
Marinochka
Marishka - Marish
Marinka - Marink :stari:
That's it Smile gros gros bisouuuus pour ma tite demi-russe :<33: :<33: :<33: loveall
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 14:33

Channanja (Rachel) wrote:
as far as I know my name hasn't any diminutives...probably only Rach and when my mom is angry she sometimes calls me Rachelle. I'd like to know the Russian/Bulgarian etc. variants!!! :smile: if they are....
No diminutives??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Impossible. Shocked No Ok, now you will have some :mdr: russians :mdr: :mdr: As far as you know Maxim's mother's full name is.. Rachel Razz :stari:
But we call her... Rita! Laughing So.. russian diminutives for Rachel..
Rita
Ritulia
Ritochka
Ritka
These are the most popular zvet I love Rita and Ritulia Razz
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 15:39

*MAGic diable* wrote:
As for Marish.. I must make it clearer..
So.. In russian language there are two kinds of telling names. The first one - simple. When you apply to a person or when you talk about him (her) and the second kind - only when you apply to a person, when you talk to him (her) Oh my poor head! I hope you could understand what I want to say. Embarassed
I don't know if I understand well, so now, I must talk in French to confirm that all is OK in my head. I'm sorry for girls who don't speak French... :blush2:

Donc si tu me parles, tu peux m'appeler Marishka ou Marish, ou bien Marinka ou Marink. Mais si par exemple tu parles de moi à Alex, tu diras seulement Marishka ou Marinka, mais pas Marish ou Marink. C'est bien ça ? But why ? C'est plus correct ?

Thank you Val for explain it to us ! You're so lovely ! Rose

As for Rachel, I love Rita. But I didn't know it's a diminutive for Rachel. I though it was only for Margarita.

And for you Val ? You have many names, and I'm sure that we don't know them all ! Oh my poor head!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 15:40

So.. my turn Razz
My full name is Valeria. My mom liked the name very much. Father wanted to call me Olga or Marina, granny wanted me to be Violetta, but mother said: "No, no, no! She is Valeria. " Razz Maybe she loved the name, because she liked Raffaello GIOVAGNOLI's novel "Spartaco".. who knows Laughing
Lera. It's obvious Laughing But.. I must admit that the first syllable "Ler" can't be read accorging english phonetics.. Embarassed it's like french "Lér" with "L’accent aigu" Embarassed
Lerka - this is the-most-of-all-used diminutive. When I was little I thought that the "-k-" suffix was rude and it was very bad to call people using it Laughing but it is not so! This dimnutives are cute Laughing
Lerochka This is one of my favourites. Only close people call me that way :dube: (+Lanochka, Alex and Vania (+ Albena and Meg always) call me Lerochka very often :<33: ) it is pronounces like Lerachka in russian
Lerchik
Lerik I like this one very much too! Some my friends call me that way.
Lerunia
Lerusia
Lerkin
Leruskin
Leruska + Lerusechka
Lerunka + Lerunechka
But I don't like two last diminutives. They are too "sugary" silent
Valera this one is very official on my opinion. Some teachers called me it in school.
Valerie (Valery) I luuuv this one.. my dad called me it , when I was little Smile
Val Bravo! my french diminutive which I love very-very much! Marinochka calls me it heart2
Leri & Lerichka my bulgarian diminutives. Vania and Rady call me it sometimes. Very cute : )
Valerik :dube: Ohhh.. this one is very special for me. My friend from Dancing, my "partner" Olya calls me it.. I luuuvv it, because Olechka is very dear for me.
it's not the end of my list!!! :kataus: Are you tired of Lerka's diminutives? :kataus: :kataus:

Last edited by on Wed 2 Aug - 17:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 15:53

Marina wrote:
I don't know if I understand well, so now, I must talk in French to confirm that all is OK in my head. I'm sorry for girls who don't speak French... :blush2:

Donc si tu me parles, tu peux m'appeler Marishka ou Marish, ou bien Marinka ou Marink. Mais si par exemple tu parles de moi à Alex, tu diras seulement Marishka ou Marinka, mais pas Marish ou Marink. C'est bien ça ? But why ? C'est plus correct ?
Oui!!! C'est exactement comme ça!!! Don't worry Tu as bien compris tout ça, ma tite!! :<33: :stari: bah.. c'est pas plus correct, mais ça c'est notre langue lol! C'est comme le cas spécifique Cool
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeWed 2 Aug - 15:54

*MAGic diable* wrote:
My full name is Valeria. My mom liked the name very much.
Me too. My cousin has an Italian friend, and her name is Valeria. I love this name for years.

Quote :
Father wanted to call me Olga or Marina
Do you imagine, two Marina on the forum ? Oh my poor head! It could be funny.

Quote :
Lera. It's obvious Laughing But.. I must admit that the first syllable "Ler" can't be read accorging english phonetics.. Embarassed it's like french "Lér" with "L’accent aigu" Embarassed

Is it the same for your name ? Valéria, like Valérie in French but with a final A ? Or it's Valieria, like Russians pronounce E like ?

Quote :
Lerka - this is the-most-of-all-used diminutive. When I was little I thought that the "-k-" suffix was rude and it was very bad to call people using it Laughing but it is not so! This dimnutives are cute Laughing
Lerochka This is one of my favourites. Only close people call me that way :dube: (+Lanochka, Alex and Vania (+ Albena and Meg always) call me Lerochka very often :<33: ) it is pronounces like Lerachka in russian
I love them, with Lera. The others are more strange. Maybe because I'm not used to employ them.

Quote :
Valera this one is very official on my opinion. Some teachers called me it in school.

I though it was your real name before you tell that it's Valeria, with a I.

Quote :
Val Bravo! my french diminutive which I love very-very much! Marinochka calls me it heart2

I'm glad you love it "very-very much", because I always call you like that. I know that you like all is French, so your french diminutive too ! And I'm udes to call you this way now !

Quote :
it's not the end of my list!!! :kataus: Are you tired of Lerka's diminutives? :kataus: :kataus:
More Lerka's names ? I can't believe you ! affraid

Last edited by on Thu 3 Aug - 15:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug - 14:51

Marina wrote:

But I was sure that your real name was Vanessa.

You did? Shocked Hmm, maybe because in the GB I have registered like Vanessa...

Marina wrote:

Ivanka is so beautiful :stari: I really love it. It sounds typically Bulgarian in my ears.

Thanks :<33: zvet You're right - this is tipically Bulgarian, I've never heard about some Ivanka in another country :stari: maybe only the Donald Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug - 14:56

I'd like to know the Russian/Bulgarian etc. variants!!! :smile: if they are....

Sorry, Rachel, we don't have Rachels here, in Bulgaria! Rolling Eyes And I can't invent any diminutive, but your name is very beautiful as just it is I love you
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug - 21:24

Quote :
[ So.. In russian language there are two kinds of telling names. The first one - simple. When you apply to a person or when you talk about him (her) and the second kind - only when you apply to a person, when you talk to him (her) Oh my poor head! I hope you could understand what I want to say. Embarassed
Soo.. Marish is not a diminutive of Marishka, but it is a form of the appeal. You can say "Marishka" as well when you apply to Marina, but if you talk about her with another girl you can't call her Marish, only Marishka. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Soo.. Marina. The form of the appeal is Marin (or Marine in french).
Marinochka
Marishka - Marish
Marinka - Marink :stari:

ehm... so when you talk with a person you can't call him in the same way if you where talking with someone different about that certain person?

Quote :
Lera. It's obvious But.. I must admit that the first syllable "Ler" can't be read accorging english phonetics.. it's like french "Lér" with "L’accent aigu"
Lerka - this is the-most-of-all-used diminutive. When I was little I thought that the "-k-" suffix was rude and it was very bad to call people using it but it is not so! This dimnutives are cute
Lerochka This is one of my favourites. Only close people call me that way (+Lanochka, Alex and Vania (+ Albena and Meg always) call me Lerochka very often ) it is pronounces like Lerachka in russian
Lerchik
Lerik I like this one very much too! Some my friends call me that way.
Lerunia
Lerusia
Lerkin
Leruskin
Leruska + Lerusechka
Lerunka + Lerunechka

wooow quite many diminutives... :wink: I thought your name was Lera, and then Lerka was a diminutive and Lerochka a diminutive of a diminutive, but actually you're named Valeria (wich is a wonderful beautiful name!!! lovely heart ) so you can have diminutives of diminutives of diminutives of...... Oh my poor head! I would have thought more longer about learning Russian when I knew this lol! (no, it's cute, all the names, really)

and...there are still more Lera diminutives? I'd like to hear!!! Wink

Valerie and Lerochka are so nice flower we, in Dutch, would probably call you Lerochkla, like Veerle for Vera (that's mostly used for little girls, but it's so cute I like it and still use now...)[/quote]
Back to top Go down
*~rachel~*
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
*~rachel~*

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeThu 3 Aug - 21:32

*MAGic diable* wrote:
as far as I know my name hasn't any diminutives...probably only Rach and when my mom is angry she sometimes calls me Rachelle. I'd like to know the Russian/Bulgarian etc. variants!!! :smile: if they are....
No diminutives??? Shocked Shocked Shocked Impossible. Shocked No Ok, now you will have some :mdr: russians :mdr: :mdr: As far as you know Maxim's mother's full name is.. Rachel Razz :stari:
But we call her... Rita! Laughing So.. russian diminutives for Rachel..
Rita
Ritulia
Ritochka
Ritka
These are the most popular zvet I love Rita and Ritulia Razz

thank you Lerka Very Happy wow Rita is so nice, I love it :woow: funny it's a diminutive for Rachel, in Dutch we know Rita for Henriëtte.

Quote :
As far as you know Maxim's mother's full name is.. Rachel

yes??? she really is...what nice Very Happy

Are there also diminutives (in Russian or French or....) for Marion? it's my other name and my granny calls me like that

Quote :
Sorry, Rachel, we don't have Rachels here, in Bulgaria! And I can't invent any diminutive, but your name is very beautiful as just it is

thank you dear Vania (Ivanka...Ivanka..yes, you can sing the name, beautiful Very Happy it sounds indeed [i]really-Bulgarian
)

kusjes!!! loveall
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug - 15:54

Are there also diminutives (in Russian or French or....) for Marion? it's my other name and my granny calls me like that
Marion ? It's a very current name here in France. But I don't know any diminutive. Or for little girls, but when they are very little, some people call them "Marionnette" (that means "puppet" in English Wink ).
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitimeFri 4 Aug - 19:43

Marina wrote:

So, nothing new or exciting.

I love Marinochka heart2 It sounds so great. I know Lerka calls you like this..always. And reading this diminutive so often and also because I like it, I sometimes feel the need to call you Marinochka. saaad But it's Lerka's cute diminutive and I like when she calls you like this, I couldn't...I'm not russian.. saaad ma petite..

We also have the name "Marina" here in Romania. It's not a very common name Smile but it's not at all impossible to find girls named like this. I like your name but I love the diminutives. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our names :lol:   Our names :lol: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our names :lol:
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next