Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Problems with the forum?

Go down 
+7
piemontesina
Petra
*MAGic diable*
alexandra
Marina
Vania
Lana
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 18:52

For Petra, Piemontesina and the others who'd like to see who is online :mdr: - click on Portal, and you'll see a link to Who is online :mdr:

here:
Problems with the forum? - Page 5 71830059
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 18:58

Another curious thing:

I give example with Piemontesina, under your avatar you'll see your reputation - everyone can give a "+" or "-" to the other members (as it's in starsonice forum, for example)

Problems with the forum? - Page 5 45935432

:mdr: :mdr: :mdr:
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

Number of posts : 880
Residence : Torino
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 20:29

Petra, you are a genius!! For you
Now I have again my toy!! ohhhh ohhhh

Vania, to have 0 in reputation.......we are bad girls!!! :dying:
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 20:47

Piemontesinaaaaaaaa!

It´s not me who is the genius! It´s Vania zvet !!!!!
It´s her who found (or maybe installed??? Wink ) this "portal", which is completely new to me Laughing ...

And the thing with the reputations: Yes, we really seem to be bad girls lol! ; everybody has a "zero" lol! ...
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 21:02

Vania !! poklon poklon poklon heart2 heart2 heart2 Rose Rose Rose
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

Number of posts : 1255
Residence : LA
Registration date : 2007-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 22:34

Petra wrote:
Piemontesinaaaaaaaa!

It´s not me who is the genius! It´s Vania zvet !!!!!
It´s her who found (or maybe installed??? Wink ) this "portal", which is completely new to me Laughing ...

And the thing with the reputations: Yes, we really seem to be bad girls lol! ; everybody has a "zero" lol! ...

\/ Not anymore girls.I gave you one each just because you all are wonderful even though you deserve a lot more but let's not turn ourselves into reputation wh...s . Razz
sunny J[ust] K[idding] and the brackets are for Vania so she won't get ''confused'' if it's John Kerr or something else Kisssssssssss .
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun 19 Apr - 9:06

Actually this Portal was there before Smile , but I have never checked what it is Smile . I found it yesterday. As for the reputation, maybe it was Lana who added it, it wasn't me :dube: .

Viki wrote:
J[ust] K[idding] and the brackets are for Vania so she won't get ''confused'' if it's John Kerr or something else .

:kataus: :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Apr - 5:03

Vania wrote:
Actually this Portal was there before Smile , but I have never checked what it is Smile . I found it yesterday. As for the reputation, maybe it was Lana who added it, it wasn't me :dube:

It was me. Laughing I was looking around the administration panel (studying is dull Razz) and saw the Reputation option... so, I added it for a trial. :wink: It might be nice, as a thank you for a helpful/good post to give someone positive reputation, you know? zvet But if it becomes too competitive (:kataus:), it can always be removed! lol!
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 15:02

Lana wrote:
I was looking around the administration panel (studying is dull ) and saw the Reputation option... so, I added it for a trial. It might be nice, as a thank you for a helpful/good post to give someone positive reputation, you know? zvet But if it becomes too competitive (:kataus:), it can always be removed! lol!
I´ve watched this "competition" for five days now, and I think it´s time to write something do this, because I have more and more stomach-ache because of this "reputation".

We are so few remaining active posters here. To count the active posters the fingers on both hands are enough. Is it really necessary to have a "reputation" here? In bigger forums, such as Russian starsonice forum with more than 1000 active posters, where nobody knows the other and where orientation inside the forum and among the members is difficult, such a reputation might be a good thing, but here? Do we really need this?

Especially I have stomach-ache when I think of the members who have posted here during the last days and (from whom ever and for what individual reason ever) received a "minus" for their posts. Not enough with this. Now there´s a red beam at the right side of their post, visible for everybody in the whole world. And if one looks at these posts, at least I would say there´s really nothing in it that needs to be given a "minus". Has anybody before thought of how these members feel now, when they notice the red beam besides their post? From my point of view as teacher, and as someone who has studied pedagogics and psychology, I presume they don´t feel good at all! I mean all these posters who have received a "minus" and a red beam for their posts are well known here, we know that they are reliable really and during the last 1,6 years have done everything to support Albena and Maxim. We are glad to have them here, we are glad about their posts because they have often helped us. So: Is it really necessary to show the whole world with a red beam that one person does not agree with a post of another one? Is it really necessary to stigmatize them with a red beam? If one really has a problem with a post of another poster, it´s possible to use pm instead and to discuss it with this poster there! At least I do so, and this method has often been helpful! And besides this I really ask myself what is wrong with the posts of the members who were given a red beam during the last days. I can´t find something wrong. And if really one day a post of a member is too bad and against all rules here (something that hasn´t been here for long), it´s always possible to inform the admins.

So we should really think about this "reputation" thing again.

In my point of view we here really don´t need to have a "reputation" at all. A "reputation" for our small heavenforum has no good influence, but on long view can only do harm to this forum and to its members. It would be bad to loose nice, good and reliable posters only because of this "reputation" thing / because of IMO unnecessary "minus" voting. Until now it´s not me who has had a red beam at the right side of the post, but I think if it would be me I would feel offended officially really, especially if the message that was voted "minus" is ok.

So please think about this "reputation" thing again, and if you come to the same decision as me, then, please, remove it if possible.
Or if you decide not to remove it, then, please, at least remove the minus voting for negative reputation. Because (unnecessary) negative reputation is not good from psychologically point of view.

Thanks zvet !!!
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 17:20

I am substantially in accord with Petra....

Another thing : the members cannot see the red or the green beam at the right side of their post.....
An example : I had a minus, but I cannot know where is the "incriminated" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil post.... Very Happy Very Happy ..
If I could know where and which it is, I could understand
something more and, in case, excuse me..!! poklon poklon ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 19:23

piemontesina wrote:
I am substantially in accord with Petra....

Another thing : the members cannot see the red or the green beam at the right side of their post.....
An example : I had a minus, but I cannot know where is the "incriminated" Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil post.... Very Happy Very Happy ..
If I could know where and which it is, I could understand
something more and, in case, excuse me..!! poklon poklon ohhhh ohhhh ohhhh

Laughing Oh,Pia .Have no fear "super Viki" is here .Whoever was the "criminal evil" that dare to give you red beam Aouch.. is in biiiig trouble Lerka with her injur . JK ,overall this reputation thingy is for fun but also is an appretiation for someone's hard work,good post or nice words and i hope we all are mature enough to use it properly. lovely heart
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 22:14

viktoria wrote:
JK ,overall this reputation thingy is for fun but also is an appretiation for someone's hard work,good post or nice words and i hope we all are mature enough to use it properly. lovely heart

Yup, I agree with that statement, Vika. :wink: zvet

Petra, I took your words into consideration. Smile It has only been a few weeks of the "Reputation Trial". I'm going to keep the feature for now. :respect: By the way, only members can see reputation statuses and give others points. As for negative reputation, I find it odd that Piemontesina would've gotten one for her post. :blink: I can't imagine how that could've happened since she is such a lovely presence on the board!!! Rose I hope that such things won't happen again. :wink: But honestly, I don't think reputation points will have the destructive effect that you predict. They are just for fun and I believe that most people understand that & won't take them seriously. Thanks! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 22:19

Lana, when I´m visiting this forum as guest I can see the red and green beams/bands at the right side of the post too. They are visible for guests too and not only for members! Green beams, ok. But red ones? Not very nice...
And it´s not only Piemontesina, there´s at least one more dear poster to whom this has happened...
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 22:27

Petra wrote:
Lana, when I´m visiting this forum as guest I can see the red and green beams/bands at the right side of the post too. They are visible for guests too and not only for members! Green beams, ok. But red ones? Not very nice...
And it´s not only Piemontesina, there´s at least one more dear poster to whom this has happened...

Well, it isn't supposed to be that way. confused The settings clearly state for members only.
Okay. I'll monitor the situation, but I'm keeping reputation for now.
Thanks for informing me! zvet
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 22:55

sunny Lanochka of course you should keep the reputation .This is not new and it was done in other forums but maybe is going to be better if there is an option to see in your profile who gave you the point or even people can state the reason for this .For example : (+)for links,pictures,creations ,nice opinion or (-)for disagreement with some statements and etc. JMHO zvet
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 23:04

... or to disable the negative reputation completely and let stay only the positive one...
Possible?

Lana! Thanks for pm checking!! zvet
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 23:07

Petra wrote:
... or to disable the negative reputation completely and let stay only the positive one...
Possible?

I don't think so. Erm..
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 23:11

viktoria wrote:
sunny Lanochka of course you should keep the reputation .This is not new and it was done in other forums but maybe is going to be better if there is an option to see in your profile who gave you the point or even people can state the reason for this .For example : (+)for links,pictures,creations ,nice opinion or (-)for disagreement with some statements and etc. JMHO zvet

Rose Thanks for your suggestions, Vika! Thanks! Thanks! I really like your idea about being able to see on your profile who gave the reputation to you and why. Bravo! That's brilliant! Very Happy I know FSUniverse works that way. I will look into it and see what can be done. :wink: Negative reputation isn't *necessarily* a bad thing. People are allowed to have conflicting opinions. But if you knew why they gave you negative rep, it would be ideal! :wink:
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed 22 Apr - 23:20

Lana wrote:
Petra wrote:
Possible?

I don't think so. Erm..
saaad
IMO would have been the best solution for our forum...
Being able to read who has given the negative reputation (as Viki proposed) does not solve the problem that the red band is visible worldwide for guests Exclamation ...

Lana, another proposal: Is it possible to keep the positive and the negative reputation buttons, but to disable the red and the green band? And then to do as Viki proposed and to make visible in the hidden part of profile if one has received positive/negative reputation, for what posts they are and from whom?
Possible?

Lana wrote:
Negative reputation isn't *necessarily* a bad thing.
Completely right, not necessarily! But in our two cases they are! I really hope that, if in the end we really keep the reputation, these are / will be the first, only and at same time last two cases for (worldwide visible) unnecessarily bad reputation!

Lana wrote:
Thanks for informing me! zvet
You´re welcome! zvet
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 3:14

Petra wrote:
Being able to read who has given the negative reputation (as Viki proposed) does not solve the problem that the red band is visible worldwide for guests Exclamation ...

Okay, well I sent you a PM just now. :wink: So, I'll happily listen to your opinion on the red band there because I'm not exactly sure I understand why they are such an issue. :blush2:

As for what is possible in terms of changes... zvet I have an exam Friday morning, girls. Oh my poor head! So, if you guys don't mind, I'll try to come up with a solution that afternoon when everything is finished. :wink: I just really need to concentrate on learning about New Imperialism, Triangular Trade and Colonialism right now!!! :kataus: hehe. We've all been students, so I'm sure you understand! lol!

Please be patient, I'll try to come up with the best possible solution! zvet And that will be the absolute best I can do, okay? Very Happy :stari:
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 7:29

Have send you pm back, Lana! :wink:

And now let´s hope you´ll find a solution! poklon
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 9:20

About the reputation - it's not possible to leave only the "+", but as Viki and Lana, I think we're mature enough to give "+" or "-" (especially the "-" Laughing ) only if there's some important reason for that.
For example, if someones dares to claim that Brian Joubert is better skater than Steph bla-bla-bla , I'll give him a "-" :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: I'm just kidding and this was a simple example, don't take it seriously, I like them both - Brian and Steph, but yet Steph is 1000 better :kataus: bla-bla-bla . (I'm expecting to get a "-" for this post from Brian's fans :kataus: )
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 16:14

Vania wrote:
For example, if someones dares to claim that Brian Joubert is better skater than Steph bla-bla-bla , I'll give him a "-" :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: I'm just kidding and this was a simple example, don't take it seriously, I like them both - Brian and Steph, but yet Steph is 1000 better :kataus: bla-bla-bla . (I'm expecting to get a "-" for this post from Brian's fans :kataus: )

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy...... Or a "+" from Stephane's fans...... :wink: :smile: :smile:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 16:14

Vania wrote:
About the reputation - it's not possible to leave only the "+", but as Viki and Lana, I think we're mature enough to give "+" or "-" (especially the "-" Laughing ) only if there's some important reason for that.

I 100% agree. Rose If everyone is able to use the feature maturely, which I have no doubt about btw, I can't see there being any problem. :wink:
There doesn't seem to be any way to make reputation "comments", which is a shame. Erm.. So, the feature will be have to be left as it is. If we all just remember that reputation is supposed to be for fun, I'm sure everything will be perfectly okay!!! Thanks! Thanks!

And :mdr:, your example was classic, Vania!!! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: I loved it! Laughing hehe.
Back to top Go down
viktoria
AM close friend
AM close friend

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu 23 Apr - 21:15

Lana wrote:

There doesn't seem to be any way to make reputation "comments", which is a shame. Erm.. So, the feature will be have to be left as it is. If we all just remember that reputation is supposed to be for fun, I'm sure everything will be perfectly okay!!! Thanks! Thanks!

And :mdr:, your example was classic, Vania!!! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: I loved it! Laughing hehe.

sunny Don't feel bad Lana.We don't really need it.I only proposed this to avoid any confusion. flower

heart2 Briliant example Vania :dying: :dying: :dying: and i am with you on this one wich means red beam for me too from BJ fans .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with the forum?   Problems with the forum? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with the forum?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next