Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07

Go down 
+3
Serena
Maria
Grace
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Empty
PostSubject: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jun - 19:30

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but me Razz, but today the ISU put out the rules for ice dance for next season.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vfile/page/fileurl/0,11040,4844-176061-193279-107576-0-file,00.pdf

Major changes/announcements:
(1) Now only one twizzle sequence is required in free dances
(2) Only one Biellman spin position per program is allowed
(3) Lift positions can't be repeated
(4) Ladies can wear pants for the Tango OD (which I don't really get, but whatever Smile )
(5) The 2007-08 OD will be "Country-Folk" :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jun - 21:39

THANKS, DEAR GRACE !

I AM ALWAYS INTERESTED IN ECERYTHING THAT CONCERNS ICE DANCE! Very Happy

BIT THE OD FOR 2006 2007 is TANGO AND FLAMENCO zvet zvet , isn't it???? zvet
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeFri 2 Jun - 23:11

Thanks for this info, Grace...! nice nice nice

Very interesting! nice nice nice
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 1:43

Maria wrote:
BIT THE OD FOR 2006 2007 is TANGO AND FLAMENCO zvet zvet , isn't it???? zvet
No, it's just a Tango. They're going back to single rhythm ODs for a couple of years instead of the combination rhythms they've been doing since the 1999-2000 season. Although this year the teams are allowed to combine different types of tangos, if they like.
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 3:33

Grace wrote:
(2) Only one Biellman spin position per program is allowed

cheers We are saved!!! :kataus: The two best new rules, in my opinion. Razz I suppose this means the end of head-to-skate lifts. How sad. :zy: It was getting rather painful watching girls with not enough back flexiblity trying to force themselves in Biellman positions. shocked I am so glad that they are only allowed to do 1, now! Wink

Quote :
(4) Ladies can wear pants for the Tango OD (which I don't really get, but whatever Smile )

Erm... okay. I personally think that skirts look much better for tangos. :wink: IMHO, if they made pants "legal" for FDs, it would make more sense. Suspect Were ladies allowed to wear pants for the OD, this season? confused I remember a girl at Canadian Nats wore a pair of black ones with green rhinestones... Question

Quote :
(5) The 2007-08 OD will be "Country-Folk" :kataus:

Oh... my... god... :kataus: I had heard rumors about this, but wasn't sure if they were going to become true! Razz I love it. :kataus: This I must see. :kataus:

Thanks Grace for posting these! zvet Of course, you aren't the only one interested in the new rules! :wink: hehe.
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 3:41

Lana wrote:
It was getting rather painful watching girls with not enough back flexiblity trying to force themselves in Biellman positions. shocked
Oh, I know, it was so scary. affraid I'm still surprised no one really hurt themselves.

Quote :
Were ladies allowed to wear pants for the OD, this season? confused I remember a girl at Canadian Nats wore a pair of black ones with green rhinestones... Question
Yes, it was allowed for the Latin OD. And also... hmm, for the 03-04 OD (Jive/Swing). But hardly anyone does it.

Quote :
Oh... my... god... :kataus: I had heard rumors about this, but wasn't sure if they were going to become true! Razz I love it. :kataus: This I must see. :kataus:
I know. It has a lot of potential to be seriously hilarious. :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: A friend of mine called me from Worlds in Calgary to tell me they were thinking about it and it's such a funny idea that I almost didn't believe her. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 13:16

Thanks Grace for posting the document here. Smile
I will make some time to read this, cause I know very little about the proper rules. I read a bit and most of what I know is from you girls, or ideas I read/heard everywhere.
This time I have to read it.

What I think is the best rule from all (from what you wrote) is this
Quote :
This way, I think couples will have to be more original, they will have to imagine all sorts of positions and they won't be able to repeat them.
But I have a question, are you allowed to do the lift similar with the previous, only you place your legs differently or change the position of your body? Is it considered the same lift?? I guess not.. scratch

Thank you Grace...
I'm very interested about the rules lately, so this came right in time Wink
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 16:32

alexandra wrote:
But I have a question, are you allowed to do the lift similar with the previous, only you place your legs differently or change the position of your body? Is it considered the same lift?? I guess not.. scratch
To be quite honest, I don't know. Like, last year Dubeuil and Lauzon's lifts were all in similar extended positions, but not the same extended positions, and I'm not sure if that would count as the "same" position or not. I would guess that most people wouldn't want to take that risk, though. Or that they'll be asking judges and callers. Smile
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSat 3 Jun - 23:59

Thanks, dear Grace for all the explanations you've given us! :<33:

As for the next season's OD..I admit I would like to watch Flamenco.. heart2 heart2 but Tango is very sexy too! lol! :wink:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeSun 4 Jun - 22:14

I admit I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH FLAMENCO TOO! lol! zvet

BUT TANGO IS GORGEOUS TOO! lol! I hope Albena and Maxim stay to dance it! :surce:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jun - 20:09

Serena wrote!
Quote :
I admit I WOULD LIKE TO WATCH FLAMENCO TOO! lol! zvet

BUT TANGO IS GORGEOUS TOO! lol! I hope Albena and Maxim stay to dance it! :surce:

I WOULD LIKE THEM TO STAY TOO!! nice

THEY ARE BRILLIANT DANCING TANGO!!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun - 16:01

Grace wrote:
They're going back to single rhythm ODs for a couple of years instead of the combination rhythms they've been doing since the 1999-2000 season. Although this year the teams are allowed to combine different types of tangos, if they like.

Tango sounds great! I would like to see Albie&Max dancing again on this music! bg1
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jun - 21:16

HI, dear gils!!!

SOOO, It'S TANGO FOR NEXT SEASON!!! 👅 UAUUU!!!

I LIKE IT!!!! I HOPE MY GOLDEN SKATERS WILL BE THERE TO DANCE THE MOST BRILLIANT TANGO IN THE WHOLE COMPETITION!!! Razz Razz Razz

heart2 heart2 heart2 :woow:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun - 1:16

Bea wrote:
SOOO, It'S TANGO FOR NEXT SEASON!!! 👅 UAUUU!!!

I LIKE IT!!!! I HOPE MY GOLDEN SKATERS WILL BE THERE TO DANCE THE MOST BRILLIANT TANGO IN THE WHOLE COMPETITION!!! Razz Razz Razz

heart2 heart2 heart2 :woow:

Yes, me too... I think our sweet couples tango will will make the audience get on fire. I'm sure it would be "electrifying", pure beauty and loove. I hope they choose to dance another tango :woow:

:<33:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun - 2:04

OHHH, ALEX!!!

I am certainly not the right person to help you , my dear Laughing :respect: , but I am going to try!

YOU GO TO YOUR PROFILE!

THEN YOU SEARCH FOT THE PART WHERE IT SAYS SIGNATURE!

YOU PICK THE BANNER YOU WANT, GET THE RIGHT LINK, PASTE IT AND PUT IT IN THE SPACE OF THE SIGNATURE!!!

YOU CAN WRITE A SMALL TEXT IF YOU WANT TO!!

THEN YOU SUBMIT THE CHANGES TO THE PROFILE!!!

DEAR, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY, I CAN HELP YOU :wink: , but there are people here who have helped me before :dube: , so I hope I am explaining correctly!!! :surce:

BESOS! :surce:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun - 3:10

Maria wrote:
OHHH, ALEX!!!

I am certainly not the right person to help you , my dear Laughing :respect: , but I am going to try!

Thank you Maria. zvet
You are very nice, to consume your time to explain this and write it down. In fact you were very helpful, I managed to figure out what to do, except one part. How to make the photo visible...But I did it, see!?!? bounce
And you did helped me with the first part.... zvet and then Lana with the second step zvet

You are both incredibly nice and cute. Thank you for your help and your disponibility to do so. Such sweet girls!!! I'm really happy I met you all and that I'm part of this forum. I think I'm lucky Smile Thanks
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitimeThu 8 Jun - 10:18

Maria wrote:

DEAR, THAT IS THE ONLY WAY, I CAN HELP YOU :wink: , but there are people here who have helped me before :dube: , so I hope I am explaining correctly!!! :surce:

BESOS! :surce:

Absolutely correctly, querida flower and I see that Alex have now a very sweet banner as signature. Nath and Brian heart2 heart2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07   Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ice Dancing Rules 2006-07
Page 1 of 1