Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The books that you like

Go down 
+14
Z
Lana
Morgana
Grace
*~rachel~*
alexandra
Elfaria
Marina
*MAGic diable*
rosee
Bea
Serena
Maria
Vania
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

The books that you like - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 18:02

And VANIA WROTE!!!
Quote :
And about the Da Vinci code - I began reading it, I almost finish it - WONDERFUL BOOK, this morning even I came a little bit late in the office because when I wake up, I've just can't hold myself and I read for a while :blush2: tonight I must finish it otherwise I couldn't sleep :angel2:

Kisses!
[/quote]

YES!!! A wonderful book!
However, I hope that it will be a hit in the cinemas! But, I am a bit sceptic! scratch I remember that some years ago the great hit " THE NAME OF THE ROSE" by Humberto Ecco was brought to the cinema too but, almost everybody was disappointed because the book was soooo much better!! shocked

So...I am very curious about the DA VINCI CODE!!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 18:07

Maria wrote:

So...I am very curious about the DA VINCI CODE!!!

yeah, me too! Rolling Eyes I think that everybody has big expectations to this movie (as for The name of the Rose that you mentioned) so it's possible that we'll be disappointed :| I hope that the director has included in the movie some new details just to surprise the spectators, but without changing the more important moments in the book Suspect We'll see! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May - 14:18

I'VE FINISHED THE DA VINCI CODE!!! bounce
WOOONDERFUL BOOK! CAN'T WAIT FOR THE MOVIE!

⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 12 May - 22:56

DEAR GIRLS,

The PREMIERE is only on the 18th MAY in Portugal!
Is it on the same date in your countries?????

I AM SOOOOOOOO CURIOUS!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 2:33

I have just remembered that I had forgotten to tell you the title of my favourite book!

I like the Da Vinci code very much, but my favourite book is @ FIVE DAYS IN PARIS! " by DANIELLE STEEL flower flower flower
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 3:01

I think the premiere is on the 18th here too!!!

loveall loveall loveall

And, dear bea heart2
I have read books by Daniele Steele too!!! heart2 Most of them are very interesting!!! :woow: :woow: :woow: nice
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 10:41

Here the premiere is on 19 (friday), one day later than in your countries, Maria and Bea! :woow: :woow:
I heard that this movie is forbidden in Brazil, I don't know if that's true confused
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 13:24

In France, the premiere will be on the 17th ! cheers I think it's because the film does the opening of the Festival de Cannes that begins on the 17th May... scratch

And my favorite book is "Un long dimanche de fiançailles", by Sébastien Japrisot. heart2 It is the original title, it's a french book. Maybe you know the film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet with Audrey Tautou. But I read the book many years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 13:47

Marina wrote:

And my favorite book is "Un long dimanche de fiançailles", by Sébastien Japrisot. heart2 It is the original title, it's a french book. Maybe you know the film by Jean-Pierre Jeunet with Audrey Tautou. But I read the book many years ago.

yes, I've watched the movie a year ago, I like it! nice but I didn,t read the book. I think that I've read another book of Sebastien Japrisot confused but I'm not sure confused L'ete meurtrier c'etait par qui?
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 13:51

And my favourite book is (also favourite movie) ... no need to tell you, just look at my new avatar :wink:
I just adore The Lord of the rings! :dube: :dube:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 15:13

Vania wrote!
Quote :
I heard that this movie is forbidden in Brazil, I don't know if that's true confused[/quote

I don't know!!! shocked But, I find it a bit strange! scratch
As you know I am portuguese..and I know lots of things about Brazil!! sunny
Brazill has always been a country where religion...I mean the catholic faith has been deeply llinked with supertition and legends! :zy:
After all the brazillians are very used to all kinds of possible misteries that have surrounded their faith, which everybody knows is part catholic , part pagan! :zy:

Or perhaps the government was pressed by the church!!!
But I am not seeing the present brazilian government being pressed!! :zy: :zy:

And the book is very interesting but most people still read it with an open mind!! :zy:
Back to top Go down
Elfaria
AM bg sorceress
Elfaria

Number of posts : 305
Residence : BG
Registration date : 2006-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 15:15

1984 - George Orwell

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk + Choke

Interview with the vampire - Anne Rice + Memnoch the Devil

and some others that i have forgotten and i will read in the future.... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.elfaria.deviantart.com
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 15:21

Hello!

Mu favourite book is

WILD SWANS!!
It tells the story of a family in China since the beginning of the century through their revolution till these days! Very beautiful and impresive!! Shocked Shocked

I liked 1984 and Animal farm too! :vo:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 15:26

BEA wrote!
Quote :
Brazill has always been a country where religion...I mean the catholic faith has been deeply llinked with supertition and legends! :zy:
After all the brazillians are very used to all kinds of possible misteries that have surrounded their faith, which everybody knows is part catholic , part pagan! :zy:

I am portuguese too...and I totally agree with you!!!

BUT...let's not forget that part of the population is not educated at all and perhaps the church in Brazil are afraid about the way they will react! shocked

HOWever any kind of censorship is unacceptable!!! shocked shocked shocked
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May - 2:29

Serena wrote about a possible ban od the movie Da Vinci Code in Brazil!
Quote :
HOWever any kind of censorship is unacceptable!!! :

THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING!!!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May - 19:17

Hello, hello...

I finally got here Wink

Vania wrote:
For begin this topic (I hope it will be interesting for you) share what book you're reading now or the last you've read

Yes, I agree. It's a very nice topic...I like it. I like what you wrote as well, about all the books, some familiar some not. You had a good idea Wink
I haven't read Notre Dame de Paris but I saw one musical and some cartoons lol! . The musical was breathtaking...maybe I have to read the book as well, cause usually books are better than movies or musicals. But in this case, the music counts a lot..

by the way dear Lerka,
Lerka wrote:
English version, for Alex Laughing =>
this was very, very sweet. I'm impressed that you did this for me. :<33: Thank you, it was very useful.

As for Dan Brown, I read both books and I must admit it was very catchy, interesting, I had to read and read and read, I was searching the internet for all kinds of details and pictures and photos from Paris, Louvre and soo..It was pretty mad here, because everybody was talking all over, about this. The ideas are great, very darry and some of them true and the plot is also good, but (there is always a BUT Razz ) I thought that it was a very easy book to read, sometimes shallow and missleading for us, not knowing which are true ideas and which are his creations and how to separate them. And this is why all the maddness around it.. Rolling Eyes
I liked "Angels and Demons" as well..same easy, nice, interesting book and same shocking story. But I thought that it's exactly like "DaVinci Code". Same plot, a girl, meeting, running, hidden signs, an old man (the man from the museum, grandpa) and there are already many little "cliches".
But, in the end, it's a good book. It all depends on what you expect from it, what do you usually read..Right?..I think scratch

As for the books i like a lot...Elffaaaaaria!! you wrote them down already. It's amazing and a bit weird..hehe. Maybe we have a lot more in common, we just don't know Wink
Elfaria wrote:

1984 - George Orwell
Interview with the vampire - Anne Rice + Memnoch the Devil

I have to add a few books though, the other 3 books from "Vampire Chronicles". I liked less "Queen of the damned" but still (Aaaaaaaaaa affraid horror, I hate the movie. It was so twisted, so not true, so stupid, such bad choice of characters...uhh..don't belive it) Anne Rice wrote another one, the sixth one is called "Vampire Armand" but it's not that interesting as the other 5.

I like the "Lord of the rings" the books and I have to say that this one and 1984, are between the few movies that respect the book. The movie looks exactly like the way you imagined things when reading them.
The "Animal Farm" is wonderful, such a powerful metaphor and satire. Great!!!
I also like Sartre, Camus, Edgar Allan Poe (I love his writings actually).
I like Dante's Inferno a lot, but I'm still trying to finish..it's working so hard, read, explanations from the bottom, re-read...huh.."tres dificile" (eh?! Very Happy )

There are many books I like a lot, many I don't like and still a looooot that I want to read but...hmm..

Have a nice day :study:
Sorry, I wrote a bit too much but it's my first message here and I wanted to catch up..
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 14 May - 20:44

Vania wrote:
Marina wrote:

yes, I've watched the movie a year ago, I like it! nice but I didn,t read the book. I think that I've read another book of Sebastien Japrisot confused but I'm not sure confused L'ete meurtrier c'etait par qui?
Yes, Sébastien Japrisot wrote "L'été meurtrier". I never read it...
About "Un long dimanche de fiançailles", the book is better than the film, even if I liked very much it.
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 10:08

Marina wrote:

Yes, Sébastien Japrisot wrote "L'été meurtrier". I never read it...
About "Un long dimanche de fiançailles", the book is better than the film, even if I liked very much it.

There was a movie too (L'ete meurtrier) with Isabelle Adjani.

Serena wrote
Quote :
BUT...let's not forget that part of the population is not educated at all and perhaps the church in Brazil are afraid about the way they will react!

I suppose you're right, Serena! The catholic church is very strong in Brazil. I don't know if this information that the movie is forbidden is true, I hope it is not, because it's a censor!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 13:21

Vania wrote!
Quote :
As for Dan Brown, I read both books and I must admit it was very catchy, interesting, I had to read and read and read, I was searching the internet for all kinds of details and pictures and photos from Paris, Louvre and soo..It was pretty mad here, because everybody was talking all over, about this. The ideas are great, very darry and some of them true and the plot is also good, but (there is always a BUT Razz ) I thought that it was a very easy book to read, sometimes shallow and missleading

I agree !!
Part of it may certainly be true, but part of it is speculation!! lol!
Nowadays even the Catholic church admits that perhaps there were bad translations from the Gospels and that there were various groups among the first chrstians!
So.. perhaps, Maria Madalena was indeed an important figure among the first christians...
As a matter of fact everybody knows she was! Even the Catholic church admits that!!
And , the great power that woman have had in Catholic Faith is not new-!!

At least , in my country OUR LADY, the mother of Jesus, is
the most adored figure of the CAtholic church!People usually pray first to Our Lady Mary....in moments of need!
SOOOO, the importance of women is not new!!
Of course all the stuff about the secret confraries are!And all the rest!!
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 14:51

QUOTE BEA!!
Quote :
Nowadays even the Catholic church admits that perhaps there were bad translations from the Gospels and that there were various groups among the first chrstians!
So.. perhaps, Maria Madalena was indeed an important figure among the first christians...
As a matter of fact everybody knows she was! Even the Catholic church admits that

Perhaps they..the catholic church don't admit that very openly, but most catholics know that Maria Madalena was very important and was part of the closest people that sorrounded Jesus Christ!
It was later...much later that scholars linked to the Catholic elite of the time decided to strengh the fact that she was a sinner and a woman of loose morals saaad saaad
This was in fact the work of a bunch of people , not of the first christians!
AND DAN BROWN EXPLORED THE FACT!!!
HE WAS VERY CLEVER!!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 17:31

Serena wrote!
Quote :
It was later...much later that scholars linked to the Catholic elite of the time decided to strengh the fact that she was a sinner and a woman of loose morals saaad saaad
This was in fact the work of a bunch of people , not of the first christians!
AND DAN BROWN EXPLORED THE FACT!!!
HE WAS VERY CLEVER

He explored the fact that the one day a bunch of bishops decided to brand Maria of Magdala as a prostitute..and the fact does not correspond to reality!!
She may have been a " sinner "..but a prostitute ..this is going to far!!!
All he says about her is very interesting!!
She may indeed be one of the pillars of Christianity!
There seems to be little doubt about that today!! She was very close to Jesus Christ!
But, nowadays people discuss these themes freely, even among the catholics, I mean among believers and some congregations!
Some modern spanish scholars say that Jesus was against divorce, BECAUSE at the time, women were destitute if they lost the " protection" of their husbands saaad They were just nothing.They were worthless!!!
SOOOOOO, their life would be less miserable if they were married! In a way the fact that Jesus was against divorce was for their own protection!!!
And that, seems to me verrrrry interesting indeed!

Women suffered under Christianity, because later some Philosophers remembered to stress that men lost their place in paradise because it was Eve that gave the apple to Adam, soooo women were evil! saaad saaad shocked shocked shocked shocked
They weren't entitled to have a soul!!! shocked shocked
AND, THESE THEORIES TODAY ARE RATHER SHOCKING!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

Of course there are lots of things that were very wrong..along all these centuries, sooo there is plenty to speculate about!!! baaa baaa baaa

That' s why I am interested in the movie.Just to see how far the speculations go!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 17:43

All this is true, girls! Dan Brown explains all that and I suppose it's a fact! He even says that Jesus was married, because at this time the Jewish must be married and even if they don't wanna do it, their parents force them to get married!
He says also that Leonardo da Vinci was the first femminist in the history Rolling Eyes because he respected a lot the women. And it's true that the Church wanted to humiliate Maria Magdalena, accusing her of being a prostitute! Evil or Very Mad I don't think it was true!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 May - 16:41

Vania wrote!
Quote :
All this is true, girls! Dan Brown explains all that and I suppose it's a fact! He even says that Jesus was married, because at this time the Jewish must be married and even if they don't wanna do it, their parents force them to get married!

That makes perfect sense!And it doesn't shock me in the least!! And I am Catholic!! Very Happy
We know that the Gospels that we know today as the true ones, were chosen among a fairly amount of other parchments telling the life and deeds of Jesus!So,there are lots of facts that may be true , but are not recognized as such!
However is s strange that some of the moments of Jesus'
life that we Catholics hold very dear, are written in the Gospels that are not recognized by the church!
For instance the episode of the woman that wiped Jesus face when he carried the cross through the streets of Jerusalem is depicted in a lot of churches in the Catholic countries!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 May - 16:48

And Maria wrote!
Quote :
Women suffered under Christianity, because later some Philosophers remembered to stress that men lost their place in paradise because it was Eve that gave the apple to Adam, soooo women were evil! saaad saaad shocked shocked shocked shocked
They weren't entitled to have a soul!!! shocked shocked
AND, THESE THEORIES TODAY ARE RATHER SHOCKING!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked

OMG!!! Maria! I didn't know that women weren't entitled to have a soul!! :shock:Because they were evil!! Shocked Shocked Sad Sad Sad
That is really shocking!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
But,...I am sure that OUR LORD JESUS NEVER SAID THAT!!! nooo nooo

SO, with such horrible ideas, no wonder, religion is a priviliged field for speculation!! shocked shocked
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 May - 16:52

Yes, Bea, you're right! I suppose there were many Gospels written by the disciples of Jesus! But why the Church has chosen exactly these 4? Where are the others and how they represent Jesus, what they say about him? Maybe we'll never know! Since I read the Dan Brown's books I begin to think about these things. Some of his opinions sounds very logical, some of them are doubtful ...
What a discussion we have began, eh? For me, it's very interesting!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The books that you like
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next