Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The books that you like

Go down 
+14
Z
Lana
Morgana
Grace
*~rachel~*
alexandra
Elfaria
Marina
*MAGic diable*
rosee
Bea
Serena
Maria
Vania
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

The books that you like Empty
PostSubject: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeMon 8 May - 16:10

I wanted to open this topic for a long time, but I wondered where to put it Very Happy

For begin this topic (I hope it will be interesting for you) share what book you're reading now or the last you've read :study:
Yesterday I finished Dan Brown's Angels and Demons - wonderful book. Since I know that Dan Brown is Albie and Max's favourite writer, I wanted read it, also The Da Vinci Code :study:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeMon 8 May - 20:35

Dear Vania,
I read both of these books and I like them both!!!

Of course the Da Vinci Code is more famous, but I found Angels and DEmons very good too!!! I read each book in two days! lol!

I think the movie of the DA VINCI CODE is coming soon!
I only hope it won't be disappointing! Usually the movies aren't as good as the books! nooo

BUT, SURELY WE CAN DICUSS THAT LATER!!!!! nice :vo:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeMon 8 May - 20:39

The book I am finishing reading is called La promesse de L'Ange !
That's it's original titel!

It's about a story in Mont Saint Michel, both now and in the middle Ages!!

I don't know whether you know it!
I find it very interesting!!!
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 2:01

I have read the DA VINCI CODE!!! lol!
I suppose it's more or less compulsory!!!

Very interesting!!! I think Dan B is very clever with this theme!!
We live in a time when people are eager for answers to so may things and he made a clever plot!!

We can believe it or not...but it is very alluring!!!! :study: :study: :study: :study: :study: :study: :study: :study: nice

I haven't read Angels and Demons yet!

Now I am reading THE LAST LEGION by Manfredi!!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 10:38

Maria wrote:

Of course the Da Vinci Code is more famous, but I found Angels and DEmons very good too!!! I read each book in two days! lol!

and I read it in three Rolling Eyes you beat me with one day Very Happy yesterday I bought The da Vinci Code Very Happy

Maria wrote:
I think the movie of the DA VINCI CODE is coming soon!
I only hope it won't be disappointing! Usually the movies aren't as good as the books! nooo

BUT, SURELY WE CAN DICUSS THAT LATER!!!!! nice :vo:

I hope too it won't be disappointing! It's coming next week, if I'm not wrong - may 19. At least, the actors are great, so, I don't think it will be so bad Wink

yes, surely we'll discuss it here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 13:37

Dear Vania,

Yes! I am very curious about the movie!!
You know.. one of the facts that I liked the most in the book is that DAn B presents Marie of Magdala as the woman Jesus loved and that it is her who is sitting next to him in the picture last supper. I think I am never going to look at that picture in the same way again!!

It doesnºt shock me at all! Surprised Surprised Very Happy
I think it was the most natural thing in the world!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 13:52

Querida Maria, I can comment it after I read it, but PLEASE, don't mention more details from the book Very Happy especially the end Very Happy it must be surprise, isn't it? Rolling Eyes

Kisses!
:kiss: :kiss:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 14:51

vania, I am sorry!!

I must have misunderstood!!! Shocked scratch shocked nooo

WE HAD BETTER TO WAIT FOR THE MoVIE , THEN!!!

SORRY!!!!! poklon poklon poklon
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 15:00

Don't worry, Maria! Maybe I didn't explain well - I've read only Angels and Demons, NOT YET The Da Vinci Code, but I will these days Very Happy That's why I've asked you not to tell what happens in the book Very Happy

Besos!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 15:06

Vania wrote!
Quote :
Don't worry, Maria! Maybe I didn't explain well - I've read only Angels and Demons, NOT YET The Da Vinci Code, but I will these days Very Happy That's why I've asked you not to tell what happens in the book Very Happy

Dear!!! I am relieved!!!! saaad saaad nooo
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 21:58

Dear girls!

I also read Angels and DEmons and THE DA VINCI CODE!!!

I like them both!

I agree with Serena when she says that people today are eager for answers to everything in cluding in the realms of religion!

I think it's very interesting...and as Maria said it doesn't shock me although I am a chatholic lol! lol! lol!

There are some facts that I doubt are true ! :scratch:But we have plenty of time to talk about them! lol!

Now I am reading a book by a portuguese autor, you must know him Serena lol! ,
The title of the book is " A filha do Capitao" in portuguese.
In english is THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER and it tell us about a portuguese captain that fought in the trenches of the WWI and fell madly in love wuth a french woman!
It'a a bit sad, though, because most of his men died there along with the french!!!

:<33: loveall
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 22:58

Bea wrote!
Quote :
I think it's very interesting...and as Maria said it doesn't shock me although I am a chatholic lol! lol! lol!

There are some facts that I doubt are true ! :scratch:But we have plenty of time to talk about them! lol!

Now I am reading a book by a portuguese autor, you must know him Serena lol! ,
The title of the book is " A filha do Capitao" in portuguese.
In english is THE CAPTAIN'S DAUGHTER and it tell us about a portuguese captain that fought in the trenches of the WWI and fell madly in love wuth a french woman!
It'a a bit sad, though, because most of his men died there along with the french!!!

I agree about what you say about the DA VINVI cODE!!!

And you are catholic, BEA, not chatholic :zy: :zy: :zy: :teasing:
:zy:

I read the book you are talking about!Loved it, really!!! And all the war facts are true!!!

:kiss:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 0:24

Serena wrote!
Quote :
I have read the DA VINCI CODE!!! lol!
I suppose it's more or less compulsory!!!

Very interesting!!! I think Dan B is very clever with this theme!!
We live in a time when people are eager for answers to so may things and he made a clever plot!!

We can believe it or not...but it is very alluring!!!! :study

I totally agree with you!!! DAN BROWN was very clever!!!
And I noticed,that at least in my country , there are lots of writers beginning to totally adopt this kind of themes! lol! lol! lol!

WELL..THEY HAVE SOLD A LOT!!!! lol! lol! lol!

I have read quite an amount of books by spanish authors very similar to the DA VINCI CODE!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 0:28

And SERENA wrote!
Quote :
And you are catholic, BEA, not chatholic :zy: :zy: :zy: :teasing:
:zy:

OHHH!!! DEAR BEA!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AT ME , BUT THAT MADE ME LAUGH SOOOOOMUCH!!!! : :zy: :zy: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :teasing: :teasing:

UN MONTON DE BESOS!!!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 0:39

My favourite book is "A la croisée des mondes" Wink I don't know the name in english Sad
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 1:44

WEll...my favourote books still are after all these years " THE MIST OF AVALON!"" :study: :study:

IT DOES RING A CHORD IN EVERY WOMAN!!!! :stari: :stari: zvet

It still did when I read it again...I mean the whole series..some time ago!!! :stari: :stari: :stari:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 14:49

Serena wrote!
[quoteI agree about what you say about the DA VINVI cODE!!!

And you are catholic, BEA, not chatholic

][/quote]

YOU ARE RIGHT!!!!! lol! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 14:51

And Maria wrote!
Quote :
OHHH!!! DEAR BEA!!!!! PLEASE DON'T BE MAD AT ME , BUT THAT MADE ME LAUGH SOOOOOMUCH!!!! : :zy: :zy: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :teasing: :teasing:

YOU ARE FORGIVEN!!!!! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 18:23

Bea wrote!
Quote :
YOU ARE FORGIVEN!!!!! :lol

And I did not go to confession!!!! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :wink:

Now about the books we prefer...

The Mists of Avalon marked me very much, because I had never imagined the story of king Arthur and his knights told through the eyes and feelings of women!!! :flag: :surce:
It was a marvellous surpise!!
I remember I began reading it because my eldest sister did read it first and she said wonders about it!!! :surce:

Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 9:52

About the Mists of Avalon - I didn't read the book, I only have seen the movie. I don't think it was so good Rolling Eyes maybe the book is more interesting that the movie scratch

And about the Da Vinci code - I began reading it, I almost finish it - WONDERFUL BOOK, this morning even I came a little bit late in the office because when I wake up, I've just can't hold myself and I read for a while :blush2: tonight I must finish it otherwise I couldn't sleep :angel2:

Kisses!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 10:02

Wooow.. Shocked a huuuge conversation about books! Shocked Lerka, where were you?? :kataus:
Da Vinci code is a bestseller in Moscow now.. you can see hundreds people reading it in the buses, in metro..in the streets.. everywhere!!!! Shocked Suspect I have never seen anything like that!! lol!

You know.. I adore Victor Hugo.. Rolling Eyes "Les Miserables", "Notre Dame de Paris".. heart2 heart2 heart2 I cried sooo much after I read them.. :cryy: Very strong romans.. :stari:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 10:07

MAGic diable wrote:

You know.. I adore Victor Hugo.. Rolling Eyes "Les Miserables", "Notre Dame de Paris".. heart2 heart2 heart2 I cried sooo much after I read them.. :cryy: Very strong romans.. :stari:

Wooow, Notre-Dame de Paris - I love this book :dube: but the movie I've watched soon was total disappointment (with Salma Hayek as Esmeralda). Somehow, although that the end is not happy, I like it. I mean, I like the idea that Quasimodo and Esmeralda are together in the death, and when they tried do separate his skeleton from hers, it turned in dust :disap: :disap: But in the movie the end was (almost) happy and Phoebus wasn't between the principal characters confused confused
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 10:29

Vania wrote:
Wooow, Notre-Dame de Paris - I love this book :dube: but the movie I've watched soon was total disappointment (with Salma Hayek as Esmeralda). Somehow, although that the end is not happy, I like it. I mean, I like the idea that Quasimodo and Esmeralda are together in the death, and when they tried do separate his skeleton from hers, it turned in dust :disap: :disap:
Yes.. :stari:
Quand les années auront passé
On retrouvera sous terre
Nos deux squelettes enlacés
Pour dire à l'univers

Combien Quasimodo aimait
Esmeralda la zingara
Lui que Dieu avait fait si laid
Pour l'aider à porter sa croix
Pour l'aider à porter sa croix

(English version, for Alex Laughing =>
When the years have all come and gone.
They'll find beneath the ground.
Our two bodies joined as one.
Showing how we were bound.

How much Quasimodo once loved.
Esmeralda the gypsy girl.
How he was marked by god above.
Just to help him to bear his cross.
Just to help him to bear his cross.

The movie with their end was terrible.. Sad Although I like Salma very much.. she is so pretty.. and she was soo.. well she was very good for Esmeralda's role.. I mean her appearance.. Rolling Eyes And you know it seems that I love the books with "not happy end" even more than the books with happy end.. Rolling Eyes I suffer with the heros.. It seems that I live with them.. it this book already.. I like "deep" romans like these.
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 13:46

Lera!

I haven't read the books you are talking, but I saw the movie LES MISERABLES, and I saw the musical Notre DAME de Paris!!!

VERYYYYY BEAUTIFUL!!! AnD that song is from Marina and Gwendal's Exhibition!!! heart2 heart2 heart2

MY mother has tapede it!!!!
THEY WERE very sublime!!! :stari: :stari: heart2 heart2 heart2

loveall loveall loveall loveall
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitimeThu 11 May - 17:57

Vania wrote!
Quote :
About the Mists of Avalon - I didn't read the book, I only have seen the movie. I don't think it was so good Rolling Eyes maybe the book is more interesting that the movie scratch

I SUPPOSE SO! I DIDN'T EVEN WATCH THE MOVIE. tHEY DIDN'T SHOW IT IN SPAIN shocked shocked
But, I watched later on tv and I was deeply disappointed! shocked shocked shocked
They couldn't transfer to the movie the deep feelings and sensations of the book shocked
Of course there was a lot of fantasy!!! :zy: :zy:
BUT... What I admire most in the book is the courage, strengh and cunning of all those women that tell the story through the four or five books of the Saga!!!And , at the time, I did wonder what the world would be like if some of the celtic beliefs and civilization had survived!
And what allured me the most was that it all happens in a world where women rule and have total sex freedom!! :zy: :zy: :zy:
Perhaps I enjoyed the book so much because I was brought up in a somewhat conservative athmosphere ! BUT SPAIN HAS CHANGED RADICALLY IN THESE LAST 10...15 years!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The books that you like   The books that you like Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The books that you like
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next