Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA

Go down 
+4
Vania
*MAGic diable*
alexandra
Maria
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 May - 17:13

Thanks, Maria, about all those interesting facts for the history of Spain! nice I like reading historical novels, I like this kind of movies king :queen:
So, it's very interesting for me!

Thanks again!

zvet
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 2 May - 21:35

I am glad you like this kind of stuff, Vania! AS a matter of fact...I am enjoying writing it!!! lol!

History is one of my passions too! heart2

THANKS, DEAR...FOR YOUR KIND WORDS!!!! :<33:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 1:47

Maria, Queridinha :<33: , don´t forget that the Portuguese not only had B razil.but they also HAD INDIA!!! ANF THE SPICE TRADE!!

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE HUGE EMPIRE FILIPE OD SPAIN INHERITED FROM HIS FATHER AND MOTHER????

HE JUST INHERITED THE WHOLE WORLD!!! :queen: :queen: :queen: Shocked

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Please, tell another legend !!!!
YOUR COUNTRY MUSTHAVE S MANY!!! :zy:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 2:43

well..its true! FELIPE inherited the whole world!!! Shocked
I had forgotten India and the spice trde!!

I am going to tell you a story about a couple of spanish lovers who were caught in the clutches of the inquisition! saaad
OK, It's a sad story, but it was real life in SPAIN in the TIME OF EMPEROR CHARLES and ISABEL OF PORTUGAL!!! saaad

This story is about a young noble lady called Isabel like the EMPRESS!
She was very rich and and an orphan! THE EMPERESS WAS HER GUARDIAN!!!

She lived in a big estate near TOLEDO that was the capital at the time!!
SOONER OR LATER A MARRIDGE would be arranged for her!!!! ohhhh ohhhh

BUT ISABEL MET AND FELL IN LOVE WITH A YOUNG CONVERSO CALLED RODRIGO THAT STUDIED IN SALAMANCA!!!
A converso was someone that had changed his religion...that had been baptized by force!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked
THEIR LOVE WAS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE EYES OF THE CHURCH pale pale
THE INQUISITION WAS A KIND OF SECRET POLICE OF THE MIND IN THE MATTERS OF RELIGION!!!THEY CONTOLLED EVERYONE AND HAD SPIES EVERYWHERE!

TIMES WERE GOING TO BE DIFFICULT FOR ISABEL AND RODRIGO!!! Shocked Shocked pale pale

MORE TOMORROW!!!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 10:03

Maria wrote:

BUT ISABEL MET AND FELL IN LOVE WITH A YOUNG CONVERSO CALLED RODRIGO THAT STUDIED IN SALAMANCA!!!
THEIR LOVE WAS IMPOSSIBLE IN THE EYES OF THE CHURCH pale pale
THE INQUISITION WAS A KIND OF SECRET POLICE OF THE MIND IN THE MATTERS OF RELIGION!!!THEY CONTOLLED EVERYONE AND HAD SPIES EVERYWHERE!
TIMES WERE GOING TO BE DIFFICULT FOR ISABEL AND RODRIGO!!! Shocked Shocked pale pale

MORE TOMORROW!!!!

Well, it's not very easy to be queen or princess, eh? :disap: All these arranged marriages ... I suppose it was impossible for her to stay with Rodrigo :disap: We're waiting for the end :wink:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 14:21

YES...Maria, Queridinha! We are waiting for the END!!!! flower zvet
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 14:26

Bea wrote:
YES...Maria, Queridinha! We are waiting for the END!!!! flower zvet

Off-topic again! Rolling Eyes Bea, the word queridinha sounds sooo lovely, really! I like it nice Maybe I should write this in the thread about the languages saaad

I don't think it's a problem, because we're offtopic almost all the time baaa

Kisses!
ohhhh
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 19:26

Well,...Isabel and Rodrigo knew they had to be very careful about

what was going on! They kew there were bound to be spies in Toledo in

the pay OF TORQUEMADA { HE was the head of inquisition in Spain}

But they were very much in love and lowered their guard! Theu used to

meet in the margins of river Tagus everyday! :<33: zvet

Meanwhile, she received a preposition of marriage by a nibleman , but

she refuse him. The noble was furious and never forgave her! shocked shocked

In the meantime, Isabel hadn't resisted Rodrigo and they had become lovers! ohhhh ohhhh

However, Isabel remained a faithful catholic and went to confession almost everydaY scratch scratch scratch ALL PEOPLE IN SPAIN DID!!!

[ A great amount still goes nowadays, although the young generation is beginning to drop this habit! :twist:
They say""""" Catholicism may be very strict, but ...we will make it more flexible and make some of the rules ourselves, because we want to go on being CATHOLICS!! """:vo: :vo: :zy: :teasing: :kataus: ]

At the time,...making love outside marriage was considered a big sin by

the church!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

and Isabel's lover was a converso, which made matters

worse!! shocked shocked pale pale

But, as a faithful catholic, she told her confessor everything!She was

convinced that what was said in confession was safe , because catholic

priests cannot betray what is told during confessions!

And..at that time, the young priest FERNANDO wouldn't dream of betraying her! nooo nooo nooo nooo nooo

But,....unfortunately for her, the nobleman she had jilted, was one of the spies of the inquisition in court!!! pale pale

And he had lots of spies that worked for him!

One afternoon,...one of his valets happened to see Isabel and Rodrigo in the margins of the Tagus!

And , he ran to tell his master! THE man ran to Torquemada with the

news...Noblewoman Isabel of TRUJILO WAS SEEN TALKING TO A

CONVERSO!!! Shocked Shocked

Torquemada knew better than to inconvinience one of the Emperess' protegees right away!!

So,...he ordered his henchmen to find out who her confessor was...and then arrest him!!! pale pale pale pale pale Sad Sad Sad

Because , if Isabel had any guilty secrets...her confessor was bound to know them!! saaad saaad shocked THAT"S THE WAY YHE INQUISITION WORKED!!! affraid pale :face: :face: :face:

SOOO...young priest Fernando was arrested and brought before the first
pair of inquisitor priests he had ever seen in his life!!!!! shocked shocked

More about ISABEL RODRIGO...FERNANDO AND THEIR DESTINY TOMORROW!!!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 21:10

Maria wrote!

Quote :
A great amount still goes nowadays, although the young generation is beginning to drop this habit!
They say""""" Catholicism may be very strict, but ...we will make it more flexible and make some of the rules ourselves, because we want to go on being CATHOLICS!! """ ]

:kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :blink:

That made me laugh so much!!! :kataus: :kataus: :dying: :dying:
It's soooo true!!! :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying:

" we make the rules ourselves , because we want to go on being catholics!!!" :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying:

HOW I UNDERSTAND YOU!!!
:dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: . I am catholic too! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :respect: :respect:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 21:12

Vania wrote!
Quote :
Off-topic again! Rolling Eyes Bea, the word queridinha sounds sooo lovely, really! I like it nice Maybe I should write this in the thread about the languages saaad

I don't think it's a problem, because we're offtopic almost all the time baaa

OHHH...I THINK YOU ARE VERY RIGHT!!!! NO PROBLEM AT ALL!!!! loveall
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 21:13

By the way,

QUERIDINHA, IS QUERIDA IN PORTUGUESE! ohhhh heart2
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed 3 May - 23:57

Bea wrote!
Quote :
That made me laugh so much!!! :kataus: :kataus: :dying: :dying:
It's soooo true!!! :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying:

" we make the rules ourselves , because we want to go on being catholics!!!" :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: :dying:

HOW I UNDERSTAND YOU!!!
:dying: :dying: :dying: :dying: . I am catholic too! :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :respect: :respect

:respect: :respect: :respect: :wink: :kataus: :teasing: :zy:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 0:12

Continuing!

SOOOO, young priest Fernando was brought before the Inquisition! pale pale pale

He was terrified!!! He knew he had few chances to leave the building alive! :face: :face: :face:

The inquisitors questioned him about Lady Isabel confession, what were her sins???

Fernando denied to answer their question because saaad confession was secret and sacred! saaad saaad

Because he didn't tell them anything he was tortured Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

After four days of hell he broke down and told them everything! Sad Sad Sad

The Inquisition was now in the possesion of a secret that would lead Isabel and Rodrigo to die by the fire!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad

The church usually was given the lands and fortunes of those considered religious criminals! They would get all Isabel's fortune and Lands!

Not even the Emperess would be able to save Isabel ,once she knew her protegee was the mistress of a converso!! Sad Sad Sad Sad

Fernando was offered the possibility to leave with the armies and the

explorers to America ! It was his penitence ! He had no chance! HE WAS

A BROKEN MAN NOW!!!

So, the Inquisition confronted the Empress with the facts, and soon I sabel and Rodrigo were arrested!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

More tomorrow! zvet zvet

Dear Girls,
It wasn't very easy to leave in Spain during the so called golden years!
It didn't matter that you were noble!
Catholic church has acknowledge alll these horrors and has apologized
However ,THE Inquisition tribunals Sad commited the most horrendous crimes in the history of SPAIN!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

loveall loveall loveall loveall loveall
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 2:40

Maria wrote!

""""""""
Torquemada knew better than to inconvinience one of the Emperess' protegees right away!!

So,...he ordered his henchmen to find out who her confessor was...and then arrest him!!! pale pale pale pale pale Sad Sad Sad

Because , if Isabel had any guilty secrets...her confessor was bound to know them!! saaad saaad shocked THAT"S THE WAY YHE INQUISITION WORKED!!! affraid pale :face: :face: :face: """"""""

THAT'S the most horrible thing I have read about the way Inquisition workerd!That's is beyond sanity!!!TOO HORRIBLE!!!

I know that it was true!!!
In Portugal it happened the same! But Inquisition in Spain was the cruellest of all and the poeple suffered sooooo much!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad

Dear Maria,
I don't know what to say! saaad In a way, the story is beautiful.It's very interesting,..but, on the other hand it's so sad! Sad Sad Sad And to make it worse, we know that it was true! Sad Sad

This story is not a legend, is it?????? saaad nooo nooo

:<33: :<33: BESOS!!!!
LOVE YOU VERY MUCH , MARIA!!!
YOU TELL THE PLAIN TRUTH, ALTHOUGH IT"S A SAD PART OF THE HISTORY OF YOUR COUNTRY!!!! zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet :vo:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 2:47

Maria also wrote!

[/quote]
However ,THE Inquisition tribunals Sad commited the most horrendous crimes in the history of SPAIN[quote]

that's Sad Sad Sad saaad VERRRRY TRUE!!! and very sad!!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

beijos!!!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 10:26

Thanks, Maria, about all these stories heart2 heart2
Yes, you're right, it was difficult to live in Spain these days, well, maybe not only in Spain nooo
This is a very sad story. I imagine the troubles of Fernando, the priest. The Inquisition was too powerful...
I said in my previous post that I love the historical novels, but I don't know the story of Spain so well, so - it's interesting for me to read a little part from your history,especially more things of their private life Rolling Eyes Wink
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 15:02

Maria wrote!
Quote :
Dear Girls,
However ,THE Inquisition tribunals Sad commited the most horrendous crimes in the history of SPAIN

That´s so sad , dear!!!! Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu 4 May - 15:11

And Bea wrote!
Quote :
:<33: :<33: BESOS!!!!
LOVE YOU VERY MUCH , MARIA!!!
YOU TELL THE PLAIN TRUTH, ALTHOUGH IT"S A SAD PART OF THE HISTORY OF YOUR COUNTRY!!!! zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet zvet :vo:

That´s so true!!!! :<33:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 5 May - 2:26

Maria, heart2

I am learning quite of bit of the history of your country too! zvet :study: :study: lol!

I knew some facts because some are intimately linked with my country,

but thanks , any way!! zvet zvet

heart2 heart2 :<33:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 5 May - 22:31

Bea wrote!
Quote :
This story is not a legend, is it?????? saaad nooo nooo

No, dear,...unfortunately is true! AND THERE ARE COUNTLESS STORIES LIKE THIS!!! Sad Sad Sad

NOW...to finish the story of unfortunate Isabel and Rodrigo!

Isabel noticed that her confessor was gone , next time she went to church!
The other priests told her what happened!

Isabel ran home in panic and send word to Rodigo to meet her at once!

When Rodrigo came she told him everything! They knew they were lost!
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Isabel sent a note to the Emperess in secret asking her help!!! Sad

But they were arrested before she received the Emperess' answer! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Rodrigo was the one who suffered the most at the hands of the In quisition Sad Sad Sad
They made him admit by torture that he still observed the rites of his old religion worshiping in secret!! Sad

He knew he was lost! He was condemned to die in an Auto de Fe! pale pale pale [ death in public by the fire ]

Soon, his parents were arrested too, and the church received their fortunes and their lands!\ Sad Sad Sad Sad shocked shocked shocked

Isabel was forced to admit that she had embraced Rodrigo's old religion

and was past salvation now!!

She was sentenced to die in the same Auto

de Fe as RODRIGO! Sad

All this confessions were made under torture! Sad Sad Sad

Isabel, finally received the visit of the Empress in prision one or two days before the Execution

They embraced and cried for a long time!

The Empress told her that the only thing she could do for them was to

bribe the executioner to stangle them both before the flames reached them! Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

So, Isabel, Rodrigo and his parents died in the Auto de Fe of the following day! Sad Sad Sad Sad

This story was only a sad example of how life was danderous at the time! shocked

One of these days I' ll tell you how the big Empire began to come a part and how a grand son of LUIS XIV became king of SPAIN!!!

THAKS FOR YOU ATTENTION!! :<33: zvet
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 6 May - 21:50

Thank you dear, Querida Maria!

THiS was a very touching story! Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

I think in my countries things were more or less the same and, we were one country at that time!!! Shocked

LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!! QUERIDINHA!!! :kiss: :surce:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 6 May - 22:06

Maria wrote!

Quote :
One of these days I' ll tell you how the big Empire began to come a part and how a grand son of LUIS XIV became king of SPAIN!!!

YESS!!! That will be very interesting
Your present king JUAN CARLOS IS DIRECTLY DESCENDED FROM HIM, ISN't he???

HOW INTERESTING!!! :stari: :stari: :stari: :vo:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 7 May - 1:48

Serena wrote!
Quote :
YESS!!! That will be very interesting
Your present king JUAN CARLOS IS DIRECTLY DESCENDED FROM HIM, ISN't he???

HOW INTERESTING!!! :stari: :stari: :stari:

Thank you dear for your kind words! :<33:

But this coming week I'm going to be full of work saaad saaad saaad ..
But I'll tell you Later! Basketball Basketball Basketball

But, I just want to share with you sth that I remembered when we mention that our king is directly descended from the french kings!! lol!

Well, some years ago the french president invited king Juan Carlos to be present at the parade of the 14th of july!!! lol!
Ok...the revolution meant freedom and equality to all people lol! ,
but most of us, in Spain , thought, When we saw our king as the guest of honour in the parede! lol! lol! lol!

"""" What can he be thinking about???? lol! What is going on through his head??? lol! After all his ancestors were beheaded there, in that square!....""""""

And we thought!! OMG!!!! ..HE IS NOT AT EASE!!! LOOK AT HIS FACE!!
He is usually so nice and with a smile on his face!!!
OMG!!! HE LOOKS SOOOO STERN!!!

And most of us felt sorry for him!!!! saaad saaad saaad
Why did he go there in the first place??? POLITICS!!! shocked lol!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 7 May - 2:53

I'm sssooooooo, so, soooo sorry Maria...I have a lot of readings to do in this thread and i never seem to have the time. I'l try to do this as sooner as possible...

Untill then, please, please excuse my abscence here..I'm very curious about the legends and stories so I'm sure I'll be here soon Wink

kisses,
Alex
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 7 May - 14:03

Maria wrote!
Quote :
But, I just want to share with you sth that I remembered when we mention that our king is directly descended from the french kings!! lol!

Well, some years ago the french president invited king Juan Carlos to be present at the parade of the 14th of july!!! lol!
Ok...the revolution meant freedom and equality to all people lol! ,
but most of us, in Spain , thought, When we saw our king as the guest of honour in the parede! lol! lol! lol!

"""" What can he be thinking about???? lol! What is going on through his head??? lol! After all his ancestors were beheaded there, in that square!....""""""

And we thought!! OMG!!!! ..HE IS NOT AT EASE!!! LOOK AT HIS FACE!!
He is usually so nice and with a smile on his face!!!
OMG!!! HE LOOKS SOOOO STERN!!!

And most of us felt sorry for him!!!! saaad saaad saaad
Why did he go there in the first place??? POLITICS!!! shocked lol![/

OHHHH!! :zy: :zy: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus:
It must have been really awkward for him!!! :kataus: :zy:
I wonder what he thought about it!!!! :zy:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA   VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VACACIONES DE SEMANA SANTA
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next