Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Empty
PostSubject: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul - 23:35

I just found it now, but it´s still nearly two months old ...

The ISU proposed some changes in Ice Dancing. They are thinking about combining the Compulsory Dance (CD) and the Original Dance (OD), and want to call the new dance "Combination Dance" shocked !

Now the dancing competitions shall only exist of two dances :blink: :
1) Combination Dance
2) Free Dance

As far as I found out in an US forum the ISU would like to start with this new form after the coming Olympics (with the junior ice dancers), this means in season 2010/2011!
And it seems that this communication is no longer a proposal nooo, but decided :disap: ...

I don´t think this is a good idea nooo ! For me CD and OD are a part of Ice Dancing, and should not be taken away! Especially the CD is an important part not only in the education / training of young ice dancers, but also in the competitions because it allows to compare the skaters better than in OD and FD. And if the CD is taken away, they are taking away the essential part of Ice Dancing!

What do you think of this??? Question

Here´s the link of the Communication 1500 for those who want to read it:
http://isu.sportcentric.net/db//files/serve.php?id=953
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 9:57

Uh, I don't like this decision either. The ice dancing is the most attractive discipline in figure skating, and this change isn't good. As you say, Petra, the CD, although a bit boring for the audience, is the best way to compare the skaters. So, they'll try first this new system with the Juniors? I hope it will fail down and they'll turn back the actual system Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

Number of posts : 880
Residence : Torino
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 10:08

Quote :
For me CD and OD are a part of Ice Dancing, and should not be taken away! Especially the CD is an important part not only in the education / training of young ice dancers, but also in the competitions because it allows to compare the skaters better than in OD and FD. And if the CD is taken away, they are taking away the essential part of Ice Dancing!

I had read about this decision shocked and I am very angry!!!
I am completely in accord with you!!

Time ago the CD was in 2 parts... the 1 and shorter.... Shocked

NOW REMOVED!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Vania wrote

[/quote] I hope it will fail down and they'll turn back the actual system[quote]

I hope the same, Vania!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Petra
AM akin
Petra

Number of posts : 3667
Residence : Germany
Registration date : 2007-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 15:24

Vania wrote:
(...) So, they'll try first this new system with the Juniors? I hope it will fail down and they'll turn back the actual system Rolling Eyes

Yes, as far as I understand it they first want to begin with Juniors in season 2009/2010, this means during the Olympic season shocked ! And after Olympics the change shall be for all shocked !
I really hope this change will fail poklon poklon !!! As Piemontesina says they are cutting Ice Dancing more and more Rolling Eyes . First they cut one CD, and now they cut the remaining CD and the OD and will make a "Combination Dance" instead Rolling Eyes !

Do you want to know what they write in the US forum about this new "Combination Dance"?
The dancers first shall dance once round the rink as they do in the CD, and then a part of the OD shall follow!! Buh.. Buh..
That´s horror affraid !!!
What will remain of Ice Dancing if ISU really does so? Not much nooo saaad Sad ...
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Number of posts : 541
Residence : Moscow,Russia
Registration date : 2007-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 20:24

As I understand they've already decided this and aren't going to change the decision pale In my opinion it will bring nothing good to ice dancing,especially to technical components nooo They cut and CD and a part of OD!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing?   Communication No. 1500 - Changes in Ice Dancing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1