Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Bulgarian medics are free!

Go down 
+3
alexandra
Marina
Vania
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

The Bulgarian medics are free! Empty
PostSubject: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul - 14:26

Finally! The Bulgarian nurses and the doctor have finally arrived in Bulgaria after 9 years in prison. :cheer:
Quote :
BULGARIAN MEDICS TOUCH HOME SOIL

The five Bulgarian nurses, Doctor Zdravko Georgiev and the Palestinian Ashraf landed at 9.55 a.m. on Tuesday at Sofia Airport, enjoying the end of their eight-year-long ordeal.

The seven medics are accompanied by France's first lady Cecilia Sarkozy and the EU's External Relations Commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner, who played an important role in the final stage of wrapping up the deal on Bulgarians' return home.

Thousands of people, relatives and officials welcomed the French governmental plane, which carried the seven medics.

The five nurses, the Palestinian doctor and doctor Zdravko Georgiev were let to leave Libya in the early hours of Tuesday, where they were jailed for more than eight years over accusations for the deliberate infection of 426 Libyan children with HIV.

Quote :
BULGARIAN PRESIDENT PARDONS MEDICS

Bulgarian President Georgi Parvanov pardoned the six medics 45 minutes after they touched home soil at the Sofia international airport.

Foreign Minister Ivailo Kalfin read the presidential decree at the press conference after welcoming the medics back to Bulgaria.

"Certain of their innocence, in accordance with the powers vested in him, President Parvanov pardons the medics," Kalfin said.

The five nurses and the Palestinian doctor, who has received Bulgarian citizenship in the meantime, were allowed to leave Libya in the early hours of Tuesday, where they were jailed for more than eight years over accusations for the deliberate infection of 426 Libyan children with HIV.

The six medics are expected at the presidential residence in Boyana, where they will undergo a medical exam.

I haven't expected that they leave Libya so soon after the repeal of the death sentences. I expected that this procedure will be very long and complicated. Thanks God, they're finally here.
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul - 20:04

Yes, I have read that this morning ! I was really happy and I thought a lot about them.
Plus, the Bulgarian President pardons them, so they're free ! :cheer:

I wish them a lot of happiness in their country and with their families...
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul - 20:44

Yes, I read the news too!! They were talking about this case on the tv as well. But it was nothing sure till this morning!!

I'm glad to hear everything is ok. I'm sure their families are relieved and incredibly happy.

I hoped for a reconciliation or a good solution. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anya
AM directors
AM directors

Number of posts : 438
Residence : Russia
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul - 21:14

I've read the news about Bulgarian medics this morning! And I'm really happy that now they are home!

Last edited by on Tue 24 Jul - 21:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aline
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
aline

Number of posts : 485
Residence : http://denkova-staviski.skyrock.com/
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeTue 24 Jul - 21:19

Yes it's a really good news, after 8 long years they are finally free !
they'll can start a new life with their family and...well i just wish them a nice and long life, full of love and joy !
Back to top Go down
http://denkova-staviski.skyrock.com
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul - 0:41

Bravo! That's so wonderful for them and their families! zvet
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul - 13:36

I read somewhere that Cécilia Sarcozy is a descendent of Bulgarian Jews. I don't know if it's true, but if it's so, maybe her interest and participation in the negotiations are not accidental.
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul - 13:47

I have done some researchs, and her father was born in Romania in a Jew family. Her mother is from Spain.
Some things about Cecilia (in French) : link
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitimeSun 29 Jul - 22:36

I'm so happy for them!
It's soo good they are free after all these awful years!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bulgarian medics are free!   The Bulgarian medics are free! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Bulgarian medics are free!
Page 1 of 1