Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Folk costumes 2007/08 ?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

Number of posts : 91
Residence : in my own world
Registration date : 2006-11-28

Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Empty
PostSubject: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 3:45

Should our champions decide to face the challenge , they can always borrow these:

http://www.bgolympic.org/fce/001/0010/bigimg/bok-spassova.jpg

:bg: heart2 Very Happy

But seriously (for our foreign friends here), Bulgarian folk costumes look like this:

http://www.dunav.org.il/folk_costumes/folk_costumes_bulgaria.html#

http://ziezi.net/nosii.html

:bg:

Last edited by on Sat 14 Apr - 21:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 5:03

Especially now that Rumiana and Stanimir aren't skating anymore... I'm not sure Albena would fit into anything of Rumiana's, though, because Rumiana is about this big. Not that Albena is big, she's not, but Rumiana is like a miniature person. Smile

It's ice dance, I'm thinking more ornate, something like this. Including, of course, the headdresses, thanks to the new prop rule. :kataus:

Of course, these are typical North American square dance dresses... I think they all look like quilts. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 10:57

Look here:
http://www.encyclopedia.bg/enc1/demo/pril/200096.html
these are Bulgarian national costumes, I like the 4th, the 5th and the 8th. I think they can be used for some OD, with some transformations, of course.

More costumes here:
http://www.encyclopedia.bg/enc1/demo/pril/200097.html
Back to top Go down
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 21:47

[quote="Vania"]Look here:
http://www.encyclopedia.bg/enc1/demo/pril/200096.html
these are Bulgarian national costumes, I like the 4th, the 5th and the 8th. I think they can be used for some OD, with some transformations, of course.

And I like sth more clean-cut like the 3rd and the 7th, but you can take the idea from all...Do you imagine Albena wearing a head-scarf? I can't, but maybe just golden coins in a stylized version?
Back to top Go down
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 22:01

Grace wrote:
Especially now that Rumiana and Stanimir aren't skating anymore... I'm not sure Albena would fit into anything of Rumiana's, though, because Rumiana is about this big. Not that Albena is big, she's not, but Rumiana is like a miniature person. Smile

It's ice dance, I'm thinking more ornate, something like this. Including, of course, the headdresses, thanks to the new prop rule. :kataus:

Of course, these are typical North American square dance dresses... I think they all look like quilts. :kataus:

Thank for the link, Grace and wow-they ARE square! Very Happy

But maybe the costumes are the last thing you think about when the big challenge is in translating a folk dance into an ice dance, especially choosing music that can appeal to the foreign judges and audience. It has to be something energetic like "Dilmano, Dilbero" to grab you from the start . Do you know if it has to be one piece of music, ot it can be combined with different styles? In any case, seems like Stoyan and Elitsa can create a modern and fiery interpretation...I imagine sth like their Egyptian programme. What do you think? Cool
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSat 14 Apr - 23:56

Lacey wrote:
Should our champions decide to face the challenge , they can always borrow these:

http://www.bgolympic.org/fce/001/0010/bigimg/bok-spassova.jpg

:bg: heart2 Very Happy

But seriously (for our foreign friends here), Bulgarian folk costumes look like this:

http://www.dunav.org.il/folk_costumes/folk_costumes_bulgaria.html#

http://ziezi.net/nosii.html

Hehe...it's somehow similar to ours. So, I was thinking about this as well... lol!
But aren't young ladies alowed to wear their hair freely?! As far as I know, only married woman are supposed to cover their hair. So, I'm thinking that Albena can put some ribbons in her hair or braid it. Furthermore she can have a skirt with a little apron over it. The apron could have all the necessary elements.

I think you also have those thin blouses, hand-made with different sewed patterns. We call them "ie". How are they called in BG? Smile

I think it's possible..but I still can't picture it Very Happy

I forgot to say smth...so, I'm adding it now Smile
The costumes differ. It depends on the moment of the week/day or the activity you do. It can be the Sunday costume or the work costumes. In order to be a true folk dance, the chosen music has to concorde with the moment they interpret and the costumes.

Maybe they can choose wedding costumes :woow:. Usually folk - wedding costumes are very beautiful. Like this, they can say a story on ice Smile
Back to top Go down
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr - 1:25

alexandra wrote:
Lacey wrote:

I think you also have those thin blouses, hand-made with different sewed patterns. We call them "ie". How are they called in BG? Smile
I forgot to say smth...so, I'm adding it now Smile
The costumes differ. It depends on the moment of the week/day or the activity you do. It can be the Sunday costume or the work costumes. In order to be a true folk dance, the chosen music has to concorde with the moment they interpret and the costumes.

Maybe they can choose wedding costumes :woow:. Usually folk - wedding costumes are very beautiful. Like this, they can say a story on ice Smile

The white long clothing is simply called riza(from what I know) and the motifs-shevitsi-usually hand sewn in red. Yes, you are right, there vary for the different occasions , which would give Albena and Max greater choice. The judges won't know exactly what song goes with what dress, so they can experiment as much as they feel like- even take Romanian costumes fo a Bulgarian song. Laughing bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr - 6:05

Lacey wrote:
But maybe the costumes are the last thing you think about when the big challenge is in translating a folk dance into an ice dance, especially choosing music that can appeal to the foreign judges and audience. It has to be something energetic like "Dilmano, Dilbero" to grab you from the start . Do you know if it has to be one piece of music, ot it can be combined with different styles? In any case, seems like Stoyan and Elitsa can create a modern and fiery interpretation...I imagine sth like their Egyptian programme. What do you think? Cool
Of course the costumes can't be the primary concern. Smile But since they're making special costume rules for next year's OD, I think people are going to put a lot of effort into them, even more than usual. I loooooooove the idea of ribbons in Albena's hair-- her hair is so pretty now! And, of course, it's also true that judges would not really notice if someone wore a Romanian costume for a Bulgarian dance. Wink

It can definitely be more than one piece of music, the only rule is that all the pieces must come from the same region and be as close to an original composition/recording as possible-- no "orchestrations", and I think that modern versions of folk music would be discouraged. Although of course if a modern singer or band performed a folk piece in its original form, that would be okay. Just no dance remixes :kataus: or obviously electronic sounding instruments. Everyone knows that it'll be hard for people to find absolutely original instruments and recordings, but the ISU really wants it as close to "traditional" as possible. So if Stoyan and Elitsa would like to do a traditional recording of "Dilmano, Dilbero" (a fabulous piece), that would be fine, but a "modern interpretation" is not really what the ISU wants. Smile Something that has the same kind of instrument composition as their Eurovision entry (which I LOVE) would be, from all the information I have, not quite what the ISU is going for. Smile

I think the music rules are the hardest things for people to wrap their minds around for next year's OD. Of course, it's hard to tell right now how strict the ISU is going to be about it, but if people are interested in looking for possible OD music, I would recommend sticking as close to original versions as possible-- not necessarily old recordings, but as true to the original music as possible.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeSun 15 Apr - 19:14

Grace wrote:

It can definitely be more than one piece of music, the only rule is that all the pieces must come from the same region and be as close to an original composition/recording as possible-- no "orchestrations", and I think that modern versions of folk music would be discouraged. Although of course if a modern singer or band performed a folk piece in its original form, that would be okay. Just no dance remixes :kataus: or obviously electronic sounding instruments. Everyone knows that it'll be hard for people to find absolutely original instruments and recordings, but the ISU really wants it as close to "traditional" as possible. So if Stoyan and Elitsa would like to do a traditional recording of "Dilmano, Dilbero" (a fabulous piece), that would be fine, but a "modern interpretation" is not really what the ISU wants. Smile Something that has the same kind of instrument composition as their Eurovision entry (which I LOVE) would be, from all the information I have, not quite what the ISU is going for. Smile

I'm skeptikal about the authenticity the ISU will see in these programs. It's a hell of a job to do everything you specified in your messages Oh my poor head!....and moreover do it properly. I think it will be time consuming, many failures, nerves, stress and confusion....

I love the ribbon thing as well :wink:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr - 0:46

I actually think that once you get used to the rules, the music is not that hard-- I mean, folk music is not that hard to find (except, apparently, if you're French). It's getting used to the idea that more modern things aren't going to be allowed that's difficult, and I have no doubt that some people will push the line a little too far and get in a bit a trouble for it. But I think that the ISU is going to be publishing more and more guidelines for the music, with specific examples of what is and is not acceptable, so that'll help some.

I do agree that the dances won't be terribly authentic. There are an awful lot of folk dances out there that don't necessarily involve a lot of partnering, and even more that are extremely repetitive, which of course would really kill anyone's choreography mark. So I think what we'll see is a lot of people skating to folk music, occasionally highlighting their choreography with specific folk dance choreography, but otherwise just kind of skating to folk music in a folk-ish way. Very Happy

But then, is that really that different from any other OD? It's not like it's actually possible to skate a Charleston, or a flamenco, or a samba, or a cha cha, or any of a number of other rhythms that are used in ODs all the time, and no one ever loses their minds over that. Razz This is just new and different and for now people are asking the same kinds of questions that they should be asking for all the other ODs but don't because they know what to expect. Once they figure out what's going on with the Folk OD, it'll be the same. Very Happy

Hmmm... that was a lot longer than I meant it to be. Razz
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitimeMon 16 Apr - 0:49

Grace wrote:
I actually think that once you get used to the rules, the music is not that hard-- I mean, folk music is not that hard to find (except, apparently, if you're French).
:kataus: :kataus: :kataus: except, apparently, if you're French Weep :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Folk costumes 2007/08 ?   Folk costumes 2007/08 ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Folk costumes 2007/08 ?
Page 1 of 1