Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Good News??

Go down 
+11
alexandra
Kat
Vania
Lacey
YagudinRocks
Lana
lanadd
cute_n_gorgeous
Grace
iv4eto_k
SaraSofia
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

Good News?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 14:41

Grace wrote:
SaraSofia wrote:
Folk...hmm...it could be a good tribute to Russian folk music for Maxim, maybe?

lol!
I seriously hope that if they do compete next year, they do a Bulgarian folk OD, not a Russian folk OD. Some of the Bulgarian folk music/dances are really fascinating and I have a strange feeling that everyone and their mother is going to wimp out and default to Russian folk next year-- the last thing we'd need is for Albena and Maxim to be Russian Folk OD #324902. Razz

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:
Smile Well, and is their life on ice that bad? I think many people have to work extremely hard without having even 1 per cent of the love and appreciation A&M get. It's not as if they were 40 something.. after all. :stari: zvet poklon poklon poklon
The thing is, of course, that it's really not about the love and appreciation they get at and directly following competitions and shows (which of course is much more than many skaters ever get!). But if you added up the time they spend being adored by their many fans, I'm quite sure it would add up to less than a quarter of the year.

The rest of the year, of course, is spent getting up, going training, taking a nap, and going back training, day after day after day after day. Continual exhaustion, injuries, pain, stress, strictly regulated diets, being away from family for months at a time, living in boring small towns (trust me, Newark, Delaware, is not exactly a hotbed of excitement :kataus: ), difficult travel schedules... no, maybe their life "on" ice isn't bad, necessarily, but it's not all that much fun, either, and much harder than it looks from the outside.

In the grander scheme of things, they're definitely not old, but when you think that they've been training and competing since they were 8 or 9 years old-- they've had the same "job" for more than 20 years, and for basically their entire lives. They're at the age where many people like to settle down and start a family, and as long as they're competing, that's impossible.

I love to see them skate as much as anyone else, but at this point I think that if they wanted to walk away from competitive skating forever, it would be completely and totally understandable. At some point the question really becomes, how much longer are you going to put the rest of your life on hold for the sake of this sport?

Oh, dear Grace, of course, we'll understand them, but i'd MUCH rather they stayed flower As they say here in Russia God likes three - they should go for their 3rd World title ^) flower
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 6 Apr - 21:39

SaraSofia wrote:
Quote :
I know one the reasons Albena & Max stayed is because the OD was Tango...but next year it's Folk

Their tango was divine this past year. It was easily the best tango I've ever seen on/off the ice!!

lol!

If I remember correctly from our previous discussions (Girls, help...Do I remember well?), Albenka always wanted to dance on smth typically Bulgarian. Maybe it's a chance to do smth...folk?!
Anyway I think they have the power, imagination and skills to make smth beautiful out of it...and not a kitsch or a mistake..
Back to top Go down
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

Number of posts : 91
Residence : in my own world
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 7 Apr - 23:12

Grace wrote:
SaraSofia wrote:

lol!

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:
Smile Well, and is their life on ice that bad? I think many people have to work extremely hard without having even 1 per cent of the love and appreciation A&M get. It's not as if they were 40 something.. after all. :stari: zvet poklon poklon poklon
The thing is, of course, that it's really not about the love and appreciation they get at and directly following competitions and shows (which of course is much more than many skaters ever get!). But if you added up the time they spend being adored by their many fans, I'm quite sure it would add up to less than a quarter of the year.

The rest of the year, of course, is spent getting up, going training, taking a nap, and going back training, day after day after day after day. Continual exhaustion, injuries, pain, stress, strictly regulated diets, being away from family for months at a time, living in boring small towns (trust me, Newark, Delaware, is not exactly a hotbed of excitement :kataus: ), difficult travel schedules... no, maybe their life "on" ice isn't bad, necessarily, but it's not all that much fun, either, and much harder than it looks from the outside.

In the grander scheme of things, they're definitely not old, but when you think that they've been training and competing since they were 8 or 9 years old-- they've had the same "job" for more than 20 years, and for basically their entire lives. They're at the age where many people like to settle down and start a family, and as long as they're competing, that's impossible.

I love to see them skate as much as anyone else, but at this point I think that if they wanted to walk away from competitive skating forever, it would be completely and totally understandable. At some point the question really becomes, how much longer are you going to put the rest of your life on hold for the sake of this sport?

Well, it's a good thing Newark, DE is a boring small town, or they wouldn't have landed on the podium twice. Plus, A&M think they are missing sth , but what's better out there in life? Millions of people would love to be in their shoes. If only I could get up at 4:30AM and had the chance to skate to gold! There is nothing better than doing what you really love.
Look at Plushenko-he got all the gold he wanted, but now he's missing competition so much he's coming back next. If A&M stay , they will become what Plushenko is in the men's event-10 classes better than the rest and the judges simply can't help but love and reward him.
Max is a Scorpio(and so is Plushenko) and those people don't leave until they get what they deserve. pirat
Back to top Go down
YagudinRocks
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun - 19:17

I think they are staying!!!!
cheers
poklon
Laughing

I just found this news release in the Skate Canada website that lists them as entries in the dance at Skate Canada in November!!

Oh please, let it be that they have decided to compete again!!

This is the first news I have seen of it in some time.....anyone else know if they have made an announcement yet?
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 21 Jun - 23:55

YagudinRocks wrote:
I think they are staying!!!!
cheers
poklon
Laughing

I just found this news release in the Skate Canada website that lists them as entries in the dance at Skate Canada in November!!

Oh please, let it be that they have decided to compete again!!

This is the first news I have seen of it in some time.....anyone else know if they have made an announcement yet?

I received a news from novinite.com that they might stay since they are on the lists for the GP events. But as the girls already mentioned, this does not guarantee their staying.
So we have to wait for the official report...
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 23 Jun - 19:52

I received a news from novinite.com that they might stay since they are on the lists for the GP events. But as the girls already mentioned, this does not guarantee their staying.

Oh! We know that, but we hope! flower flower
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 24 Jun - 2:51

alexandra wrote:

I 100% agree about the official report...
shocked Lerka sent me an email this week and she mentioned not being at all certain about Albena and Maxim's decision. Apparently they are still doing shows in July. So, if they are planning to stay that doesn't leave much time for making new programs...
But we should know something definite soon, right? Smile
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun - 18:27

Lana wrote:
But we should know something definite soon, right? Smile

Right :wink:
At least I hope so.

As for time for new programs, I'm sure last year was a huge pressure for Albena and Maxim, but hey..we know what they are capable of Smile
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jun - 23:35

alexandra wrote:
As for time for new programs, I'm sure last year was a huge pressure for Albena and Maxim, but hey..we know what they are capable of Smile

True. Wink I'm having a hard time remembering... Embarassed but when did they make their programs last year? Buh.. Earlier than August? Erm..
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 0:35

I think last year they maybe started their OD sometime in July, but I quite clearly remember that they didn't even have their FD music finalized until mid-August, let alone the program. I'm sure you can still find some posts in here from me being very Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad about the situation. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
borno
new here..
new here..

Number of posts : 1
Residence : not from BG
Registration date : 2007-05-25

PostSubject: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 9:35

I read an article on Artur Werner site in section ,,conference,,. On question from on figure skating fan adresed to Mr.Werner are Albena and Max plane to stay eligible until 2010 WOG in Canada he answer that the president of ISU Ottavio Chinquanta and two technical speialist in ice dance sugest them to stay eligible because their stil is uniqe and ISU need their way of ice dancing.Hire the quote from question and anser originali on russian from site http://www.wer-art.com/

-Привет Артур Вернер, Сначала, я хочу сказать, что я очень люблю вашу работу. Я хотел бы спросить Вас, что Albena и Максим сказали Вам о возвращении ко льду
-Привет, спасибо. Из того, что я имею право рассказать дальше - что им это очень советовал президент ИСУ, Оттавио Чинкуанта. Он и ещё два специалиста в танцах из руководства ИСУ сказали, что Албена и Макс танцуют в совсем другом классе, нежели все остальные. Школа другая.Вернувшись после турне по Японии в Болгарию, они будут думать над тем, стоит ли им остаться в любительском спорте до следующей Олимпиады.
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 19:42

Grace wrote:
I think last year they maybe started their OD sometime in July, but I quite clearly remember that they didn't even have their FD music finalized until mid-August, let alone the program. I'm sure you can still find some posts in here from me being very Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad about the situation. :kataus:

Oh okay. :wink: Thanks Grace! zvet I was going to go look for the old posts... but I'm too lazy. Razz
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jun - 22:20

Grace wrote:

I remember you Razz
You actually made me a little bit more worried than I already was.
I remember we were talking heavily about this. Especially about the FD and the music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good News??   Good News?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good News??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2