Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview with Gorshkov.

Go down 
+8
russianskaterdiva
alexandra
Serena
Vania
Maria
nyx
Elfaria
cute_n_gorgeous
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Nov - 21:54

Cute and Gorgeous wrote!
Quote :
So was I. Well, though, to tell the truth - not so much 'cause I still remember the story with Yagudin and Mishin. It was very VERY dirty. Much dirtier than that one with Gorshkov, compared with Mishin, Gorshkov is just a gentleman

I don't remember very well what happened, but I do remember that Yagudin had to leave his homecountry to train in the US! shocked because of his ex coach! shocked
I only remember seeing Yagudin with Tatiana Tarasova as his coach, but I guess that was after all the problems he had... shocked

It is a pity that such a wonderful sport has these dirty things! shocked
I would not believe Ayayay! all this if I did not know for sure that it's true! Oh my poor head!
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun 26 Nov - 22:28

Bea wrote:
Cute and Gorgeous wrote!
Quote :
So was I. Well, though, to tell the truth - not so much 'cause I still remember the story with Yagudin and Mishin. It was very VERY dirty. Much dirtier than that one with Gorshkov, compared with Mishin, Gorshkov is just a gentleman

I don't remember very well what happened, but I do remember that Yagudin had to leave his homecountry to train in the US! shocked because of his ex coach! shocked
I only remember seeing Yagudin with Tatiana Tarasova as his coach, but I guess that was after all the problems he had... shocked

It is a pity that such a wonderful sport has these dirty things! shocked
I would not believe Ayayay! all this if I did not know for sure that it's true! Oh my poor head!

Well, Yagudin used to train in Mishin's group, but after the Olympics in 98 he left him. He had a fever during the competition and finished only fifth. The coach didn’t support him them and decided that Lesha had no future That was the last drop – Plushenko had already been in the group and Mishin paid more attention to him. Tarasova did a great job with Lesha and made him the best skater ever Smile)
After the Olumpics and before them Mishin would tell many nasty things about Lesha.

So, that's quite common with the coaches...

And, say funny - Yags never get the gold in Russian nationals!!!!! flower
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Nov - 11:50

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

Well, Yagudin used to train in Mishin's group, but after the Olympics in 98 he left him. He had a fever during the competition and finished only fifth. The coach didn’t support him them and decided that Lesha had no future That was the last drop – Plushenko had already been in the group and Mishin paid more attention to him. Tarasova did a great job with Lesha and made him the best skater ever Smile)
After the Olumpics and before them Mishin would tell many nasty things about Lesha.

yes, it's very common Very Happy Thanks, Lyra, I didn't know about that!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Nov - 12:12

Quote :

And, say funny - Yags never get the gold in Russian nationals!!!!

I didn´t know that!!! It must have been horrible ....
And he never won gold in Russian nationals nooo nooo nooo scratch Shocked
thats so strange!´ shocked
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 27 Nov - 12:32

Bea wrote:
Quote :

And, say funny - Yags never get the gold in Russian nationals!!!!

I didn´t know that!!! It must have been horrible ....
And he never won gold in Russian nationals nooo nooo nooo scratch Shocked
thats so strange!´ shocked

That's cause Mishin - Plushenko's coach lived in Russia while Tarasova didn't.
Suspect
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Jan - 22:50

an extract from an interview with Oksana Domnina and Maxim Shabalin (Figure skatinf magazine, #2, 2006).

- I can't but ask what you think about the fact that Albena Denkova and Maxim Stavissky left Gorshkov for Linichuk?
Maxim: We are o'k about it. The only thing we can't understand is everything that papers begin to write about it. Who began it and why?
We tried not to pay attention to it. We know what happened, the coach also knows.
There was nothing criminal in that cituation. Absolutely nothing... We are in good turns with maxim and Albena.
We write letters and call each other. flower
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan - 0:58

UaUUU! That's nice. flower
But I believe that there was sth going on before. shocked Gorshov is not the saint lol! that Oxana and Maxim are trying to sell... lol!
But I believe that O and Max are friends with Albena and Maxim...

Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Ziper2010220kbfk5
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan - 14:24

WELL, shocked
I guess that they want people to think that nothing wrong happened..... shocked , but there is no smoke without fire!
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan - 15:05

This is another one of those cases where I don't know quite what people want them to have said. That their coach is horrible and treated Albena and Maxim terribly? They could hardly justify staying with him themselves if they said that. And I don't think their federation would be very happy either. Razz They are quite right to stay out of it, and I don't think that they've tried to sell him as a "saint"-- after all they are probably right that nothing "criminal" happened. Smile
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan - 15:31

I understand you Grace! Basketball Basketball They are supposed ,to how do you say, show solidarity with their coach bounce but well outside their country people can think what they want, because they do not train with them... lol!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 Jan - 21:56

I UNDERSTAND THEM! I THINK THEY DID WHAT'S CORRECT...
It's good to see a team stick together..
It's sad Gorshov did not do the same with Albie and Max! shocked
Back to top Go down
Lacey
AM junior fan
AM junior fan
Lacey

Number of posts : 91
Residence : in my own world
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 9 Apr - 1:16

nyx wrote:
Quote :
- Sure! I told them honestly that they would be the first at the Worlds in 2006. At least because all best couples would leave after the Olympics.
That's not much of a compliment in my opinion, and I don't think it would have made them very confident hearing that. Besides, only Navka/Kostomarov and Fusar-Poli/Margaglio retired right after the Olympics. And Grushina/Goncharov, too, but I never thought that they were better than Albena and Max in any respect. What he said sounds as if there'd been no contenders left in Calgary. What about Dubreuil/Lauzon, Delobel/Schoenfelder, Drobiatzko/Vanagas, Belbin/Agosto? I think that Albena and Max fought very hard for that Worlds title, in a hard competition.

Quote :
And at the Olympics nothing can be quaranteed that had been proved many times. And Linichuk, as It became known later, gave the quarantee not only to the Bulgurians but to the Italians as well. As the result the former became fifth, and the latter - sixth.
Obviously no-one can guarantee that you'll get a medal at the Olympics, but if Linichuk said that Albena and Max were good enough to get one, I think she was right. I thought that even with the mistakes they made, Albena and Max should have been at least in third place; and that the deductions they got seemed unfair. I don't think I'm the only one who did!

In their book, A&M share that they asked Linichuk for guarantees, but she declined with the words "We'll work very hard, we'll fight, you'll be ready, but to promise you a medal I can't". They stayed with her, because she was the only coach who didn't give guarantees...
Back to top Go down
iv4eto_k
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
iv4eto_k

Number of posts : 440
Residence : Veliko Turnovo/Bulgaria :)
Registration date : 2007-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Apr - 23:10

It really sounds harsh and i can't understand how come they were not only trainers to Albena and Maxim for so many years but also friends.... and now things got wrong again. I don't think their ex-trainers should be offended because of what i know it was hard for A & M to leave them and they didn't even care so much Crying or Very sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Gorshkov.   Interview with Gorshkov. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Gorshkov.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2