Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)

Go down 
+10
Vania
Maria
Serena
YagudinRocks
lanadd
geri
rosee
Grace
*MAGic diable*
Lana
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 6:29

The biggest problem with D/L's OD is their mysterious lack of use of tango hold. How can you build tango tension if you're not even looking at each other for 75% of the program? I am very, very confused that they thought that program was a good choreographic decision.

The Kerrs... hmm, I may actually have to watch those programs again to make intelligent comments on them. Wink The biggest thing I actually remember is their compulsory-- when you do compulsory dances, you're not only supposed to do the right steps on the right beat of the music, but also in the right place on the rink (which is called being "on pattern"). They were off pattern their entire performance. Their *entire* performance. I was like, "Where on earth are they going??" Also, there was one step that's very specifically on beat 4, and Sinead did on 3 every single time. She also did a completely different kind of turn than is required on another step of the dance-- every time. I mean... ??????? And that dance is not that hard, as Senior compulsories go. They were just weird mistakes for them to be making.

Overall, also, their skating quality was not that good. Not much flow, not very deep edges... okay, lemme check youtube and see if their programs are up. Okay, just their FD. Very open holds... kind of repetitive transitions... very slow spin... shallow stroking... the same basic hold (side-by-side) all through their circular step sequence except about 3 seconds in Foxtrot hold and not really much going on there in the footwork... weak twizzle sequence... oh, and Sinead just really lost it after she stumbled in the diagonal, I remember this, it was actually not horrible up until then... almost fell over on the ending. Okay, I just sort of sketched that out as I watched it, but in general it's just a weak program. If they changed a few things about it it could be okay.

I'm sorry, I really don't remember enough about the OD to say anything about it, and I'd rather not try to make stuff up. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 13:25

Grace, you explain what their performances were like ,very well..
I admit that I cared more for the music than the performance of the Kerrs when I first watched their Free...but lol! . I did notice the Stumble.
They were far from good...really. Hoewever, I HOPE THAT THEY WILL GET BETTER. Being a nice couple isn.t enough.. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

But , I think their tango was not that bad... Rolling Eyes

BESOS
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 14:09

Quoting Yagudinrocks
Quote :
i am so floored that Stephane was able to win the gold after such a disasterous short program - wow. i am not a big fan of his so i was somewhat disappointed in the outcome - i would have liked to see Johnny Weir do better.

i did like what Stephane said though when they talked to him afterwards - on CTV they showed him talking and he said that he was not proud of his program and that when we wins he likes to win because he skated well - i respect that.

Welll, his short was very disastrous shocked and Perhaps he did not deserve to win this time... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

At least He was quite open about what happened..
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 14:11

quoting Grace!
Quote :
Overall, also, their skating quality was not that good. Not much flow, not very deep edges... okay, lemme check youtube and see if their programs are up. Okay, just their FD. Very open holds

about the Kerrs..

I think you are very right! :queen:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 14:59

Serena wrote:
Welll, his short was very disastrous shocked and Perhaps he did not deserve to win this time... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

No one in the Men's FS skated well. It was a huge disaster. No I would say that yes, Stéphane did deserve to win. His performance was horrible for him. But it was the least horrible of the night. Suspect The first thing he said to the CTV interviewer was, "I have to thank my competitors." Because it was obvious that if Johnny or Daisuke had skated well, he would not have won! silent
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 15:21

WELL, QUERIDAS MIAS!!!

After these two competitions I think heart2 OUR DEAR, SWEET ALBIE AND MAX heart2 are the best, they Have the BEST ROUTINES!!! :stari:
THE FINEST :stari: :stari: :stari: STRONGEST :stari: performances! :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow:

I read in a spanish forum That the seven deadly sins are their best routine ever...
Someone even compares it with SARABAND :woow: :stari: :stari:
AND heart2 the fans are verrry happy that they have decided to stay another season!! heart2 heart2 heart2 :dube: :dube: Rose

:stari: :woow: :stari: :woow:

BESOS! Kisssssssssss Kisssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 16:13

Lana wrote:
No one in the Men's FS skated well. It was a huge disaster. No I would say that yes, Stéphane did deserve to win. His performance was horrible for him. But it was the least horrible of the night. Suspect The first thing he said to the CTV interviewer was, "I have to thank my competitors." Because it was obvious that if Johnny or Daisuke had skated well, he would not have won! silent
The men's competition at SA was not great, either. What's up with that? Razz From what I've seen of the men's comp, I'd have to say that, disastrous short or not, Stephane deserved to win with what he did in his long. It wasn't a great skate, but it was enough to overcome his short for sure. It's not like anyone else was any better. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 21:08

Grace wrote!
Quote :
From what I've seen of the men's comp, I'd have to say that, disastrous short or not, Stephane deserved to win with what he did in his long. It wasn't a great skate, but it was enough to overcome his short for sure. It's not like anyone else was any better

Thanks for making this clearer!
I only saw some routines from the net and I was surprised because Steph danced to the Four SEasons of Vivaldi again!
But I read on his site that he had a new Free for this season scratch , so I'm a bit confused! scratch scratch
I guess he was injured..

And Quoting Maria
Quote :
heart2 OUR DEAR, SWEET ALBIE AND MAX heart2 are the best, they Have the BEST ROUTINES!!! :stari:
THE FINEST :stari: :stari: :stari: STRONGEST :stari: performances! :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow:

I read in a spanish forum That the seven deadly sins are their best routine ever...
Someone even compares it with SARABAND

I totally gree with the first parT sunny :vo: :woow: :stari:
THEY ARE MARVELLOUS, AWESOME!!!

So, someone compares THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS to Sarabande! I think ,
this someone is refering to the Free of 1999..
I agree it was a very strong routine Technically! and they were simply fantastic, but they were still so young! :blink:
Now they are verrrrry strong, evem more than perfect technically and they have come into full bloom artistically! :dube: :dube: :dube:

I ADORE THEM! :dube: :dube: :dube:

BEIJINHOS! Kisssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 23:28

Serena wrote!
Quote :
So, someone compares THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS to Sarabande! I think ,
this someone is refering to the Free of 1999..
I agree it was a very strong routine Technically! and they were simply fantastic, but they were still so young! :blink:
Now they are verrrrry strong, evem more than perfect technically and they have come into full bloom artistically! :dube: :dube: :dube:

I ADORE THEM! :dube

WELL, YES!! I think it must be that Free from 1999.
I admit I have rewatched it! Gorgeous routine, really..
And I think you are right , Serena! It's very strong technically and they did very well that season!

But this one! WOW!!! :woow: Rose :woow: Rose Rose :woow: Rose :woow:
They have come of age!!! Rose

Kisssssssssss lovely heart Kisssssssssss lovely heart

BESOS!
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 0:16

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:

Smile You know I began loving everybody (and everything Smile) bolgarian after I had become a fan of Albena and Max, so I've been interested in Rumjana and Stanimir. And I should say that they are making progress!
lol! I think it happens with everyone, Albena & Max "infect" everyone with BG-mania Razz I have it, too : ) I love everybody & everything bulgarian! lovely heart I love the language & I began to learn it.. :dube: And of course I love Rumi & Stanimir! cheers sunny They are so cute!!!! I hope to see them in the strongest warm-up soon flower
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 0:31

Lana wrote:
Oh my No that sounds awful.. I haven't seen anything from Men's skating yet.. but.. now I'm not sure I'd like to.. affraid
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 0:59

First of all, I'm glad my very favourite male skater STEPH heart2 , WON!! loveall
From what you say, he did not very well, but the other skaters did worse! lol!
I haven't seen their routines yet.

And I know I'm off topic,but about that comparision in the spanish forum are you sure, that they mean that Saraband, or the Handel Sarebande???
scratch scratch

MARIA.. :zy: . SERENA..... :zy:
Back to top Go down
nyx
AM junior fan
AM junior fan

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 1:39

Thank you very much, Grace, for that detailed and understandable analysis.

Any chance of you doing TV commentary anytime soon? :-)
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 1:44

nyx wrote:

Yes, please!!! bow :respect: All over the world :-) at least in "main" countries :angel2: USA, Russia, Canada, France.. :twist: Grace, you will never be jobless :mdr:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 4:52

Well, they'd never hire me in the U.S., I like all the wrong people. :kataus:

But I'm glad it was helpful and, most importantly, comprehensible. Sometimes I wonder if I'm making any sense. Embarassed Razz :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 14:22

Grace wrote!
Quote :
But I'm glad it was helpful and, most importantly, comprehensible. Sometimes I wonder if I'm making any sense

YOU ARE WONDERFUL!!
YOU EXPLAIN lol! and comment everything about figureskating very well!

:woow:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 14:33

nyx wrote:

Hehe Wink why not! I agree with nyx - I think Grace's commentary is always very professional and competent and she's able to be a sport commentator just because we love

Hugssss!
Rose
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 16:20

Thaaaaaaaanks. :<33: Well, if anyone here ever gets their own TV channel, let me know. Very Happy

Just don't ask me anything important today, I stayed up way too late watching our elections. Sleep Razz Smile
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 8 Nov - 17:41

Grace wrote:
Thaaaaaaaanks. :<33: Well, if anyone here ever gets their own TV channel, let me know. Very Happy

We will Very Happy

Grace wrote:
Just don't ask me anything important today, I stayed up way too late watching our elections. Sleep Razz Smile

Elections scratch what elections - presidential? I didn't watch the news these days Embarassed and I have no idea what's happening in the world drunken

Kisssses!
:queen: king
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov - 0:26

Lerka wrote:
Oh my No that sounds awful.. I haven't seen anything from Men's skating yet.. but.. now I'm not sure I'd like to.. affraid

Well... :disap: I don't recommend any of the free skates. Embarassed Not even Stéph's. Weep I find it worse seeing an old program done badly, than a new one done badly. Because, we've seen Four Seasons be brilliant before! Suspect But... it's not for me to decide what program he skated! Razz
Back to top Go down
YagudinRocks
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov - 1:22

i totally agree that Stephane's performance was obviously the best of a rotten night of skating! it still just floors me that he was able to jump from 7th or 1st...having said that, he totally won the long program...i just don't know that he won it by THAT much!

LOL

hopefully the mens skating will pick up and get better as the year goes on!

shocked
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 9 Nov - 16:10

Grace wrote:

If I ever get my own TV channel I doubt it will be a russian one lol! only if I'll become a verrrry influential person :kataus: Then there will be a new channel in Russia - *AM* :stari: It will be a sport channel mostly.. with some geographic stuff :mdr:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov - 5:15

Vania wrote:
Grace wrote:

Elections scratch what elections - presidential? I didn't watch the news these days Embarassed and I have no idea what's happening in the world drunken
We had something on Tuesday that's called "Midterm Elections", which means that they come in the middle of a Presidential term. They are only to elect Congress and some state offices, but still it was very exciting because it involved a complete change of power in the U.S. Congress. Um, well, exciting to me because I pay a lot of attention to politics. lol! I was up quite late because many of the important races were not decided until early Wednesday morning. Sleep Actually, two of them only ended today, but I definitely slept in between Tuesday and today. lol! :queen:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov - 13:51

Grace wrote:
Vania wrote:
Grace wrote:

We had something on Tuesday that's called "Midterm Elections", which means that they come in the middle of a Presidential term. They are only to elect Congress and some state offices, but still it was very exciting because it involved a complete change of power in the U.S. Congress. Um, well, exciting to me because I pay a lot of attention to politics. lol! I was up quite late because many of the important races were not decided until early Wednesday morning. Sleep Actually, two of them only ended today, but I definitely slept in between Tuesday and today. lol! :queen:

) Hi, Grace Smile I studies americaniostics at the uni, but never could underastand the way u elect your president!!! Just can't make it out :)0
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Nov - 14:36

Don't worry. Most Americans don't understand it either. Razz

It is extremely complicated and dumb. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next