Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)

Go down 
+10
Vania
Maria
Serena
YagudinRocks
lanadd
geri
rosee
Grace
*MAGic diable*
Lana
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Empty
PostSubject: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeThu 2 Nov - 15:50

Sooo, this is starting today!!!! Bravo! Bravo! The 2nd event of the GP series!!!!! lovely heart And, it's going to even be shown on Canadian TV! Very Happy I don't have time to post many links and info, as I have to go to class, now. :study: But, here is the results page and the official website.

See you later!!! :stari:
Kisssssssssss
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeThu 2 Nov - 16:15

Yay for Lanochka! Bravo!
Skate Canada is very interesting for us :mdr: I'm very curious about a possible score of Marie-France & Patch.. :blush2: I have analysed AM score of Skate America and... it's unbelievable.. it's soo high! No, I knew and I realized at once it was high.. but..
Just to compare..
AM score now - 201.58.
AM score , WC-2006 - (1st place if someone forgot :zy: ) - 199.14
Navka's score at OG - 200.64 - and as far as you remember Navka had a huuuuuuuuge amount of poins :angel2:
Ex-Skate America's champions Tanith & Ben - Sk.America 2005 - 190,45.
Well.. it was Off topic as usual!) very Lerka-ish :twist:

And as Marie & Patch are the closest rivals, so.. Laughing

And, of course, I'd like to see Fede & Massi.. Rumiana & Stanimir and...
Steph! :dube: eh, Laur? :respect:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeFri 3 Nov - 4:46

Skate Canada and Skate America are generally very high scoring events, and I'm quite sure that Skate Canada will look for a way to get D/L higher scores than Albena and Maxim got at Skate America. In the end, though, probably both of their scores will go down at the next competitions, and rise again through the season. I don't know why SA and SC score so high, but they do, so comparing those scores to anything else is not completely accurate, and actually I don't like to compare scores between any competitions, but I am interested to see that Albena and Maxim's score now is so much higher than Tanith and Ben's was last year. :vo:

I am very, very curious to see Federica and Massimo since they've switched to taking from Angelika Krylova!
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeFri 3 Nov - 10:32

Marie-France & Patrice are 1st in the CD (Golden Waltz) with 38.83.
Fede & Massi are 2nd with 33.19!
Back to top Go down
geri
AM in love
AM in love
geri

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov - 1:02

The score for the OD of Marie-France and Patrice:
Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Dltg1

Just tho compare: Albena and Maxim's score from SkateAmerica:
Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Amod4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's good news.
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov - 4:27

geri wrote:

Correct you? Laughing Never! I love Marie and Patch... :luvzy: Buuut... Wink They can win when Albena and Maxim retire. lol!
Back to top Go down
lanadd
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love

Number of posts : 329
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov - 18:07

Yes you're right. AM has about 2 points more then D/L:)) but i have read that D/L made some major mistake in the twizzles.And i am very curious to see their tango.Does anybody have it plz?
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov - 19:01

I'm not sure if D/L's tango has been shown anywhere yet, or, if it was, it was just last night. So maybe it's not up yet.

And I would really really caution against reading anything into Albena and Maxim's scores at SA being higher than D/L's scores at SC. It's not good news. It's not bad news. It's no news at all. It is just simply not true that you can compare scores across competitions. To prove it to yourself, just remember that Albena and Maxim's "personal best" FD score is from TEB in 2003 when they fell on a lift and missed half of a step sequence. scratch We all know that that is certainly not the best they've ever skated! So the scores really mean very very little, except in direct competition.
Back to top Go down
lanadd
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSat 4 Nov - 19:33

D/L tango: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77J4V5PJguo

i think i like it more then B/A and Del/S tango.But i really hope the judges will prefer AM's tango:))
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSun 5 Nov - 13:17

Grace wrote:
And I would really really caution against reading anything into Albena and Maxim's scores at SA being higher than D/L's scores at SC. It's not good news. It's not bad news. It's no news at all. It is just simply not true that you can compare scores across competitions. To prove it to yourself, just remember that Albena and Maxim's "personal best" FD score is from TEB in 2003 when they fell on a lift and missed half of a step sequence. scratch We all know that that is certainly not the best they've ever skated! So the scores really mean very very little, except in direct competition.
Oops. :blush2: Sorry, Grace. I didn't understand this myself.. thank you for this example. It's very significant. We were irritating you a bit by comparing the scores Embarassed sorry again.. Embarassed
I know that we just wanted to convince ourselves that A&M's dance had an advantage to others.. but we don't have the right, yet. We should really wait till the confrontation.
Back to top Go down
YagudinRocks
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSun 5 Nov - 20:06

geri wrote:
The score for the OD of Marie-France and Patrice:
Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Dltg1

Just tho compare: Albena and Maxim's score from SkateAmerica:
Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Amod4

that's awesome!
even though i am from Canada, i am not a huge fan of D/L - i'm a Bourne and Kraatz fan, a Wilson and McCall fan and even a Virtue and Moir fan but D/L just don't do it for me...
yes, they are beautiful to watch but there is just something missing for me...

it makes me very happy to see that little bit of spread in the scores there because figuratively speaking it means that Albena and Maxim have the better program - which should equal a more successful season...of course, different event and different judges....looks to me like they are gearing up for a good rivalry this season...
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeSun 5 Nov - 20:23

*MAGic diable* wrote:
Oops. :blush2: Sorry, Grace. I didn't understand this myself.. thank you for this example. It's very significant. We were irritating you a bit by comparing the scores Embarassed sorry again.. Embarassed
I know that we just wanted to convince ourselves that A&M's dance had an advantage to others.. but we don't have the right, yet. We should really wait till the confrontation.
Don't worry, it doesn't irritate me. Smile I just worry that people are setting themselves up to believe something that isn't true yet-- that A&M's scores at SA were a little bit higher than D/L's at SC really means nothing, and to convince yourself that it does can be dangerous. Shocked If A&M's scores at SA were, say, 15 points higher than D/L's at SC, that would be different. Wink
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 0:58

Grace wrote:
If A&M's scores at SA were, say, 15 points higher than D/L's at SC, that would be different. Wink
Ok, it's not the case Wink still, we do have 5 points higher Razz 201.58 against 196.68 of Marie & Patch. sunny
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 1:05

Magic Diable wrote!
Quote :
I'm very curious about a possible score of Marie-France & Patch.. :blush2: I have analysed AM score of Skate America and... it's unbelievable.. it's soo high! No, I knew and I realized at once it was high.. but..
Just to compare..

Well, I like to do these kind of comparisons too!!! Embarassed Embarassed

And I think Albena and Maxim are in a very good position lol! soooo far!

And someone has mentioned Steph Embarassed Embarassed
Was he there??What a stupid question.. Embarassed Lana posted the linl of the participants! sunny

loveall loveall loveall
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 2:41

Steph won!!! :woow: :woow: :woow: :woow: bla-bla-bla

I'm soooo happy! heart2 heart2 ohhhh ohhhh heart2 Yahoooo!!!
Yahoooo!!! Yahoooo!!!

Here is his short routine from youtube! Very Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnRiCnsSQw4

Beijinhos
Kisssssssssss Kisssssssssss Kisssssssssss
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 3:43

*MAGic diable* wrote:
Grace wrote:
If A&M's scores at SA were, say, 15 points higher than D/L's at SC, that would be different. Wink
Ok, it's not the case Wink still, we do have 5 points higher Razz 201.58 against 196.68 of Marie & Patch. sunny
I do think it's very interesting that, knowing what A&M's scores were, D/L couldn't manage to get them competing at home. I'm still pretty sure it doesn't mean anything, but it's interesting.

Also, now that I've actually seen D/L's tango, I'm still not all about comparing scores, but I was totally, completely, and utterly unimpressed with that program. Blah. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 12:39

Wow!!! SKATE CANADA!

So many interesting news! cheers cheers

And GRACE wrote about comparing scores!
Quote :
I do think it's very interesting that, knowing what A&M's scores were, D/L couldn't manage to get them competing at home. I'm still pretty sure it doesn't mean anything, but it's interesting.

I agree! Although I haven´t seen D/L routines Yet! lol!
I haven´t had time yet...

BESOS! :<33:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 15:51

Grace wrote:
Also, now that I've actually seen D/L's tango, I'm still not all about comparing scores, but I was totally, completely, and utterly unimpressed with that program. Blah. Suspect

Yeah, I didn't like it either. :blush2: There were some technical problems with it and it just wasn't as good of a dance, IMHO. Also, I didn't think that their FD was anywhere near as nice as last year. :disap: Lots of it was pretty, but I'm not sure if it will get them very far. It just doesn't look like the Free Dance that should win a World Championship. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 15:58

Our pair Rumi and Stanimir are last shocked ahhhh, I hope they'll improve their positions. bg1

I didn't check yet the other results - I read here that Steph won Congrats! That's great! I must go now in the official site to see the details (and the ranking of my other favourite Fumie Suguri :wink: )

Kisses!
:dube: :dube: :dube: :dube:
Back to top Go down
geri
AM in love
AM in love
geri

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2006-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 16:26

D&L OD
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 16:54

Lana wrote:
Yeah, I didn't like it either. :blush2: There were some technical problems with it and it just wasn't as good of a dance, IMHO. Also, I didn't think that their FD was anywhere near as nice as last year. :disap: Lots of it was pretty, but I'm not sure if it will get them very far. It just doesn't look like the Free Dance that should win a World Championship. Suspect
That OD is barely even a tango. I don't know what they were thinking.

And I really don't like their FD, either. It's a cheap knockoff of last year's. It looks like a pretty, pretty exhibition program, not a competitive FD. If it wins Worlds, I predict that I will gag. Suspect
Back to top Go down
YagudinRocks
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 18:56

i am so floored that Stephane was able to win the gold after such a disasterous short program - wow. i am not a big fan of his so i was somewhat disappointed in the outcome - i would have liked to see Johnny Weir do better.

i did like what Stephane said though when they talked to him afterwards - on CTV they showed him talking and he said that he was not proud of his program and that when we wins he likes to win because he skated well - i respect that.

i was very happy that Joannie was able to pull up in the Ladies - i think she is just wonderful to watch, very beautiful and classical and lyrical. i'm happy that she won but i think she may have gotten marks that were too high for what she did...

i didn't watch the dance - Maxim and Albena weren't there so it didn't hold much interest to me. i haven't even checked the results yet - lol - though i bet D/L won....
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 20:36

YagudinRocks wrote:
i am so floored that Stephane was able to win the gold after such a disasterous short program - wow. i am not a big fan of his so i was somewhat disappointed in the outcome - i would have liked to see Johnny Weir do better.

i did like what Stephane said though when they talked to him afterwards - on CTV they showed him talking and he said that he was not proud of his program and that when we wins he likes to win because he skated well - i respect that.

i was very happy that Joannie was able to pull up in the Ladies - i think she is just wonderful to watch, very beautiful and classical and lyrical. i'm happy that she won but i think she may have gotten marks that were too high for what she did...

i didn't watch the dance - Maxim and Albena weren't there so it didn't hold much interest to me. i haven't even checked the results yet - lol - though i bet D/L won....

I'm sooo happy for Joannie. She is the one who skates, not do the jumping routine. Smile
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeMon 6 Nov - 20:41

Vania wrote:
Our pair Rumi and Stanimir are last shocked ahhhh, I hope they'll improve their positions. bg1

I didn't check yet the other results - I read here that Steph won Congrats! That's great! I must go now in the official site to see the details (and the ranking of my other favourite Fumie Suguri :wink: )

Kisses!
:dube: :dube: :dube: :dube:

Smile You know I began loving everybody (and everything Smile) bolgarian after I had become a fan of Albena and Max, so I've been interested in Rumjana and Stanimir. And I should say that they are making progress!
Back to top Go down
nyx
AM junior fan
AM junior fan

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2006-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitimeTue 7 Nov - 1:36

Grace wrote:
Quote :
That OD is barely even a tango. I don't know what they were thinking.

And I really don't like their FD, either. It's a cheap knockoff of last year's. It looks like a pretty, pretty exhibition program, not a competitive FD. If it wins Worlds, I predict that I will gag.

Grace, you've certainly made me curious! I don't like D&L all that much, but I'll have to watch that OD. :-)

EDIT: I've watched it now, and I'm not impressed either. I can't assess the difficulty, but you're right, it doesn't look like a tango and it didn't seem to create much of an atmosphere. With A&M's tango, by the time they did the twizzles I felt as if the tension between them (entirely in a good way :-)) was just about to melt the ice. Nothing of the sort happened with D&L.

Can I ask your expert opinion regarding the Kerrs' Skate America performance? You said that it just wasn't good; do you mean that the program itself is faulty or that they didn't perform it well? I'm curious because I watched the FD and I just saw one noticable stumble. It's often hard for me to judge just how difficult a programme is, so I'd be glad for some help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)   Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skate Canada (Nov. 2nd-5th, 2006)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next