Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eastern Promises

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
missmuffin
knowing AM closer..
knowing AM closer..

Number of posts : 20
Residence : USA
Registration date : 2007-08-11

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 1:29

Eastern Promises is an excellent movie. By far the best of 2007 (so far). Viggo Mortensen, Vincent Cassel, Armin-Mueller Stahl, Naomi Watts and the rest of the cast are excellent in this. I can't say there are any real faults in this film but it is very dark and violent and that is expected. It's based around the Vory V Zakone "Thieves in law" which is essentially the Russian mob. There is a lot of graphic gory realistic violence in this so don't expect stylized Matrix style fighting. This is not for the weak of stomach.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun 14 Oct - 21:38

I don't think I will see it. Embarassed I can't really handle that sort of graphic violence. Buh.. If it's like Sci-Fi violence... fine. Razz But this seems a bit too realistic. :wink:

Still... Viggo!!! Bravo! I heard that he learned Russian for this movie. zvet And was hanging around in the part of Russia that he character was supposed to be from, in order to get the correct accent. :vo: Not exactly a safe part of the country, either. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
JonyLeaber
knowing AM closer..
knowing AM closer..

Number of posts : 10
Residence : Banindfoe
Registration date : 2010-12-12

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec - 14:52

David Cronenberg's signature obsessions flower in Eastern Promises, a stunning look at violence, responsibility, and skin. Near Christmastime in London

Eastern Promises Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eastern Promises   Eastern Promises Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eastern Promises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amour & Magie forum!! :: Other things to discuss.. :: TV, movies, books..-
Jump to: