Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

French Lessons

Go down 
+5
alexandra
aline
Anya
Marina
Liz
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

French Lessons - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 25 Jul - 22:33

Lana wrote:
The problem isn't understanding slang for me. Smile I'm pretty good at that. Erm.. I just don't know how to talk or write slang myself. Buh.. :blush2: So, it would be soooooo fab and useful, if you could teach me a few little things, sweetie! Thanks! Thanks! Rose
Of course ! zvet But the words you understand, you can use them, right ?
But I understand. Sometimes it's easier to understand than to write and talk itself, even if we know enough vocabulary Wink .
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
Anya
AM directors
AM directors

Number of posts : 438
Residence : Russia
Registration date : 2007-04-01

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul - 8:33

Marina wrote:

But I'm sure you have some skills :vo: . And a really cute Russian accent nice .

Ah, Marinochka! luv xoxo You're really great teacher! Thanks! Thanks! I'm starting to believe that I can learn it! (even numbers) :kataus:

Quote :

Anya, have you memorized all numbers ? Lana writes!)
So... how old are you ?
--> quel âge as-tu ?

J'ai vingt-et-un ans Very Happy

(The last time I mentioned my age in French was like that... "J'ai dix-sept ans"... Surprised Time, time, time!)

Thanks god, I know good Lessons 4-5! :study: That's nothing complicated and new for me cheers I think so Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul - 15:44

I have a question Embarassed I'll explain it in French, it will be more easy like this.

Quel est le substantif provenant du verbe "surmonter"? Je traduis un texte et je veux dire "la stabilisation et le(ou la) *****(le substantif en question) des difficultés etc.etc......." Peut-être, j'aurai d'autres questions à vous poser cet après-midi et demain, je traduis un texte très compliqué pale

Merci! :dube:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 26 Jul - 21:16

Vania wrote:

Quel est le substantif provenant du verbe "surmonter"? Je traduis un texte et je veux dire "la stabilisation et le(ou la) *****(le substantif en question) des difficultés etc.etc......." Peut-être, j'aurai d'autres questions à vous poser cet après-midi et demain, je traduis un texte très compliqué pale
Erm... :blush2: Pas de substantif pour le verbe "surmonter". Ca n'existe pas :blink: .
Donc pour ta phrase, tu peux dire "stabiliser et surmonter des difficultés", ça me semble être le mieux Smile .
N'hésite pas si ça ne te convient pas ou si tu as besoin d'aide pour ton texte Wink

Lesson 6 : un / une ; le / la
This is a little lesson, but it will be useful for the next one.

the = le (for masculine names) --> le garçon (the boy)
the = la (for feminine names) --> la fille (the girl)

a = un (masculine) --> un garçon (a boy)
a = une (feminine) --> une fille (a girl)
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri 27 Jul - 10:23

Marina wrote:

Erm... :blush2: Pas de substantif pour le verbe "surmonter". Ca n'existe pas :blink: .
Donc pour ta phrase, tu peux dire "stabiliser et surmonter des difficultés", ça me semble être le mieux Smile .
N'hésite pas si ça ne te convient pas ou si tu as besoin d'aide pour ton texte Wink

Merci, Marina! ohhhh C'est ce que j'ai fait finalement.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 0:54

Je suis Alexandra. J'ai vingt-deux ans.

How do you say 'and you?' or 'what about you?'

Marina, tu es ma petite et un bon professeur (thanks Aline for the sentence you wrote in French Kisssssssssss). Merci. J'espere to learn French. Very Happy

Je suis une fille.
Nous sommes friends - plural scratch

Hehe..I'm making random sentences :mdr: in order to memorize the lessons faster.

Albena and Maxim sont belle (plural!?) guess I have to wait
for a lesson with plurals.

Girls, I have a question...I don't know how to pronounce 'â' ? Is it possible to explain through internet?! Writing?! saaad

PS: Vania, I have the notebook now. It's all in there :wink:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 1:32

Alexandra wrote:
Girls, I have a question...I don't know how to pronounce 'â' ? Is it possible to explain through internet?! Writing?! saaad
Actually, we don't have this 'â', but 'à'. It's the same pronounciation as a 'a' with any accent (hehe, 1st easy explanation Wink lol! ).

Last edited by on Mon 1 Oct - 10:57; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 30 Jul - 13:41

Marina wrote:

Et toi ? Or Et vous ? (of you talk to more than one person, or to somebody you don't know well, like a professor. Vous is more respectful).

Yes, I understand now Wink

Quote :
J'espère... apprendre le français Wink
Oui, j'espere apprendre le francais Very Happy I can't write 'è' or 'ç' unless I copy-paste the letters. Sometimes I'll be too lazy to find a word with those letters. So excuse me for that Embarassed

In a sentence do you always have to put un/une/des before the noun?! Can you use a noun without the article?
Sorry for asking so many questions and not waiting for the proper lessones Embarassed

Quote :
Well... you're allowed to say that French is too complicated and difficult lol!
I even think that they are more exceptions, but I can't think about them now, I don't see anything for now scratch
It would be without these rules. If the exceptions would be totally random Razz But it's ok like this. They make sense. I'll try to learn... Suspect

Thanks for the other things Kisssssssssss

Quote :
Hehe, Alex, I'd like to see your notebook Wink You'll show me ? Maybe I'll add some things in it Wink
Please, please :study: I'd love that. Make sure to ask for the notebook, I might forget :teasing:

PS: It's fun to try to learn French like this Yahoooo!!! and so agrreable
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 10:58

Marina wrote:
Alexandra wrote:
Actually, we don't have this 'â', but 'à'. It's the same pronounciation as a 'a' with any accent (hehe, 1st easy explanation Wink lol! ).
I was wrong... Embarassed We have 'â', but I forgot it because it's random. :blush2:
You have to pronounce it like a deep 'a'. There is not a big difference (not like 'a' and 'â' in Romanian :kataus:), only a little one.

Next lesson, the most interesting one, is coming :wink:
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 11:25

We started these French lessons in order to enable you to read Marina Anissina's book in French, do you remember ? Wink
So here is some useful vocabulary to help you to understand this book !

Lesson 7 : skating vocabulary

le patinage artistique : figure skating
la danse sur glace : ice dancing
un patineur (masc.) / une patineuse (fem.) : a skater
un danseur (masc.) / une danseuse (fem.) sur glace : an ice dancer
un entraîneur : a coach
un entraînement : a training, a practice
un juge : a judge
les notes : marks
une compétition : a competition
les championnats d’Europe / du monde : European / World championships

les hommes : men
les dames : ladies
les couples : pairs
le programme court : the short program
le programme long / libre : the long / free program
la danse imposée : compulsory dance
la danse originale : original dance
la danse libre : free dance

la glace : the ice
la patinoire : the rink
un patin : a skate
une lame : a blade
une tunique : an outfit (but only the dress, for ladies)
un costume : an outfit, a costume

une pirouette : a spin
une pirouette allongée : a camel spin
une pirouette Biellman : a Biellman spin
un porté : a lift
un pas : a step
une séquence de pas : a step sequence
des twizzles : twizzles :mdr:
un saut : a jump
un boucle : a loop
un boucle piqué : a toe-loop
un saut lancé : a throw jump

That's all for now. I try to collect my thoughs, but I don't know what to add for now. :blush2: Maybe later... Or if you have questions, suggestions about words I forgot (I'm sure I forgot a lot...), you're welcome of course ! :wink:
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 1 Oct - 12:20

Marina wrote:
des twizzles : twizzles :mdr:
my absolutely favourite :mdr: :vo: :cheer:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 1:14

Marina wrote:

I was wrong... Embarassed We have 'â', but I forgot it because it's random. :blush2:
You have to pronounce it like a deep 'a'. There is not a big difference (not like 'a' and 'â' in Romanian :kataus:), only a little one.

Next lesson, the most interesting one, is coming :wink:

What does it mean random? :kataus: It means that you can choose between writing it or not? However you like?
Ok, I have problems with your 3 'e'(s) and now you tell me you have more than 3 types of 'a'(s)?? lol!

Thank you for the rectification :wink: and for continuing the lessons luv xoxo
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 1:25

Marina wrote:
We started these French lessons in order to enable you to read Marina Anissina's book in French, do you remember ? Wink
So here is some useful vocabulary to help you to understand this book !

Skating vocabulary!! Yahoooo!!! I adore this lesson.
Awww..mon ami!! Merci beaucoup!!

This is funny - > un boucle piqué :mdr:

We're making a progress here with all these words Smile

Last edited by on Mon 8 Oct - 0:16; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 11:50

alexandra wrote:

What does it mean random? :kataus: It means that you can choose between writing it or not? However you like?
Ooops :blush2: , it's not random, I did a mistake, I don't know what I used THAT word. Sometimes, I write some English words instead of the right ones. Random/seldom... almost the same :kataus: I wanted to say that this 'â' is pretty rare. I'm sorry :disap:

Quote :
Ok, I have problems with your 3 'e'(s) and now you tell me you have more than 3 types of 'a'(s)?? lol!
Noooo, only 3 types of 'a'. Like you :wink: .
But this one 'a' and this one 'à' have the same pronounciation. The difference is mostly grammatical.
And this one 'â' is deeper than 'a'.
So, it's not more difficult than the Romanian 'a'(s) :wink:

Quote :
Awww..ma petite amie!! Merci beaucoup!!
That's pretty strange for me to read that from you, because 'une petite amie' is an expression used by boys, and it means "a girlfriend". And girls use 'un petit ami'.
In that case, it's better you use only 'ma petite' or 'mon amie' :wink: .

Quote :

Really ? Why ? :mdr: In the pronounciation ? Or because it remembers you something in Romanian ?

Of course, you're welcome ! I hope it will help you to read Patinage Magazine and D'or et de feu :wink:

Last edited by on Tue 23 Oct - 1:59; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 14:14

Marina wrote:
Quote :
Awww..ma petite amie!! Merci beaucoup!!
That's pretty strange for me to read that from you, because 'une petite amie' is an expression used by boys, and it means "a girlfriend". And girls use 'un petit ami'.

Awww... that's so cute and so usefull !!!!! :respect: I've never used the "ma petite amie" thing, I don't know why, but I just didn't even want Razz lol! so I didn't know it meant a girlfriend/boyfriend !! Thank you, Alex & Marina !! :zy: zvet :stari:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 16:18

*MAGic diable* wrote:
Awww... that's so cute and so usefull !!!!! :respect: I've never used the "ma petite amie" thing, I don't know why, but I just didn't even want Razz lol! so I didn't know it meant a girlfriend/boyfriend !! Thank you, Alex & Marina !! :zy: zvet :stari:
I'm glad the French lessons I made are useful, even for you who speak a very fluent French ! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 22:32

Lerka wrote:
Marina wrote:

Really? lol! They taught us "petit ami" and "petite amie" in school. :zy: Don't ask why, I guess they thought it would be useful. :wink: But I use "ta blonde" and "ton chum" for your girlfriend and your boyfriend. :respect: Is that a Québec thing, or is it like that in France too? Erm.. I've never used "petit ami", because I hate the English translation, "little friend". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Just because in my dad's family no one will say "boyfriend"/"girlfriend"... bla-bla-bla they always use "friend". :angel2: And I'm always like, "Noooo, I didn't go there with my 'friend'. I went with my date!!! :zy:" Childish? Razz Maybe, but oh well! baaa
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 6 Oct - 23:09

Lana wrote:
But I use "ta blonde" and "ton chum" for your girlfriend and your boyfriend. :respect: Is that a Québec thing, or is it like that in France too? Erm..
No, it's only a Québec thing, we don't use it in France :angel2: . But I love these expressions :cool: . Did you learn them at school or with friends from Quebec ?
I'm sure I would enjoy a lot your French, a mix between French from France and French from Québec :dube: .

Quote :
Just because in my dad's family no one will say "boyfriend"/"girlfriend"... bla-bla-bla they always use "friend". :angel2: And I'm always like, "Noooo, I didn't go there with my 'friend'. I went with my date!!! :zy:" Childish? Razz Maybe, but oh well! baaa
In France, we can misunderstand sometimes, because we can use, for a boyfriend, the word "mon copain", or "ma copine" for a girlfriend, and that means "my friend".
So sometimes, we have thinks like this :
- I went there with mon copain.
- So, you have a boyfriend ?
- No, only un copain, just a friend ! bla-bla-bla
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:38

Marina wrote:

Quote :
Noooo, only 3 types of 'a'. Like you :wink: .
But this one 'a' and this one 'à' have the same pronounciation. The difference is mostly grammatical.
And this one 'â' is deeper than 'a'.
So, it's not more difficult than the Romanian 'a'(s) :wink:

Oueeh :kataus:
You are right :zy: Our 'a'(s) aren't very easy.
Some girls might now how to pronounce 'â' or 'i' cause it's almost the same (if not exactly the same) with 'ы' Smile No problems for Russian or Bulgarian girls :teasing:. I'm sorry Marinka, I know 'smântână' will haunt you for a long time :mdr:

As for French 'e'(s) and 'a'(s)....uff..I really need to practice them on daily bases. My tongue is not listening me. Rolling Eyes

Quote :
A
In that case, it's better you use only 'ma petite' or 'mon amie' :wink:

Done. I rectified my mistake Embarassed. You're not my girlfriend anymore but my sweet friend lol!

Marina wrote:
Quote :

Really ? Why ? :mdr: In the pronounciation ? Or because it remembers you something in Romanian ?
Erm.. It's just funny....the way it sounds..the way I imagine it should sound...the way I say it... Laughing

Quote :
Of course, you're welcome ! I hope it will help you to read Patinage Magazine and D'or et de feu :wink:
It will :wink:
I will make a list with the words and I'll keep it in the book D'or et de feu :stari:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:47

Marina wrote:

So sometimes, we have thinks like this :
- I went there with mon copain.
- So, you have a boyfriend ?
- No, only un copain, just a friend ! bla-bla-bla

Ufff...I'm dizzy from the amount of expressions concerning a boyfriend or a girlfriend Razz .... amie, ami, petite amie, blonde, chum, copine, copain.. lol!

Thus it's useful to make a clear distinction between them. Thanks for the explanations Marina and thanks Lana for the Canadian version luv xoxo
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:53

Lana wrote:

I've never used "petit ami", because I hate the English translation, "little friend". Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Well, I admit it doesn't sound so good in English but I find it really cute in French :dube: . That's in my case & I don't know French Smile Maybe it doesn't sound good for persons that know French Smile

'petite' is cute...like 'mini' :zy:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:57

Marina wrote:
No, it's only a Québec thing, we don't use it in France :angel2: . But I love these expressions :cool: . Did you learn them at school or with friends from Quebec ?
I'm sure I would enjoy a lot your French, a mix between French from France and French from Québec :dube: .

Ha! :kataus: I knew it. Wink hehe. "Blonde" and "chum" just sound soooo Québecois. :respect: :vo: I actually learned these words from my friend who was going to a French school in Ottawa. sunny I like them a lot, they're fun to say. Bravo! hehe. nice :stari:
I would imagine that my French must be quite a strange mix. :kataus: :blush2:

Quote :
In France, we can misunderstand sometimes, because we can use, for a boyfriend, the word "mon copain", or "ma copine" for a girlfriend, and that means "my friend".

I'd forgotten about "copain"/"copine"!!! lol! It's kind of funny that the word can mean both things! Laughing I lurrrrrve French. :luvzy: :wink:
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 8 Oct - 0:59

alexandra wrote:
Well, I admit it doesn't sound so good in English but I find it really cute in French :dube: . That's in my case & I don't know French Smile Maybe it doesn't sound good for persons that know French Smile

lol! lol! lol! No, it's just not good if you have my family. Razz
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 1:57

A tiny lesson for people who don't speak French yet, and then, I'm planning a slang lesson, especially for Lana :wink: .

Well, let's go... sunny

Lesson 8 : negative form

To put a verb at the negative form, you have to add 2 words. 'ne' before the verb, and 'pas' after.

Exemples :
Je ne parle pas français (do you remember this one Alex ? Wink) --> I don't speak French
Je ne sais pas nager --> I can't swim (I'm sorry about the exemples, but I don't have a lot of ideas Embarassed ).

And of course, you learn French, so there are exceptions Laughing .
When the first letter of the verb is a vowel, ne becomes n' (because French language doesn't like a vowel at the end of a word, when the word that follows begins by another vowel, there are a lot of exemples, different cases, like that).

Exemples :
Je n'aime pas les courgettes --> I don't like zucchinis (which is aboslutely wrong, of course drunken ).
Je n'écris pas sur le forum --> I'm not writing on the board

Well, I think it's OK and I haven't forgotten anything. If I have, Lana will tell me Wink
And if somebody has any question, just ask Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 23 Oct - 2:05

alexandra wrote:
I'm sure 'petite' is your favorite French word ! Very Happy I think now it's mine too, because when I read it from you (or from anywhere else), I try to read it with your so cute Romanian accent, I loooooooove the way you pronounce it... :dube: I love your 'mini' too lovely heart

There are some words like that, I think about them with another pronounciation. Like the word 'patinage', it's one of my favorite too, because I always remember how Lera pronounces it, in a so cute way too lovely heart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: French Lessons   French Lessons - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

French Lessons
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next