Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

That is sweet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeSun 1 Apr - 19:15

Round The Church
In the eve of Easter when the clock strikes twelve, Bulgarians circle the church three times with a lit candle. The number of times your candle goes out, is the number of sins you've committed to the year. Then the burning candle is carried home, and placed on the dinner table, to bring the holly spirit in the house as well. So if you ever see a strange procession of people talking that funny language and holding candles along the streets of Madrid, Vienna, Paris, or Brussels during springtime, don't rush calling the loony house. They're probably Bulgarians, celebrating Easter. Some keep those candles and light them on special occasions like Albena Denkova's mother, who always has last Easter's candle burning in the house when her daughter and Maxim Staviiski are competing.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania
Registration date : 2006-03-27

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr - 0:44

cute_n_gorgeous wrote:
So if you ever see a strange procession of people talking that funny language and holding candles along the streets of Madrid, Vienna, Paris, or Brussels during springtime, don't rush calling the loony house. They're probably Bulgarians, celebrating Easter.
Or Romanians Very Happy even if it's about the majority - Orthodoxs or the minority - Catholics.
We do the same Wink

Quote :
Some keep those candles and light them on special occasions like Albena Denkova's mother, who always has last Easter's candle burning in the house when her daughter and Maxim Staviiski are competing.

I find it very beautiful and thoughtful :dube:

In Romania, it is said that if you light the candle when there is a storm or a disaster, nothing bad will happen. You are protected and not harmed by anyone or anything. Supposedly, the burning candle make the bad things, thoughts or moments go away faster.
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr - 12:03

This is true, Vala. Thanks for posting this article. Btw, where did you find it?

Quote :
Quote:
Some keep those candles and light them on special occasions like Albena Denkova's mother, who always has last Easter's candle burning in the house when her daughter and Maxim Staviiski are competing.

I find it very beautiful and thoughtful

So niiiice! :3<>3:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr - 19:35

alexandra wrote:
cute_n_gorgeous wrote:
So if you ever see a strange procession of people talking that funny language and holding candles along the streets of Madrid, Vienna, Paris, or Brussels during springtime, don't rush calling the loony house. They're probably Bulgarians, celebrating Easter.
Or Romanians Very Happy even if it's about the majority - Orthodoxs or the minority - Catholics.
We do the same Wink

Quote :

I find it very beautiful and thoughtful :dube:

In Romania, it is said that if you light the candle when there is a storm or a disaster, nothing bad will happen. You are protected and not harmed by anyone or anything. Supposedly, the burning candle make the bad things, thoughts or moments go away faster.

Actually, in Russia we do quite the same Smile)))
Back to top Go down
Marta
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 26
Residence : Poland
Registration date : 2007-02-01

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeMon 2 Apr - 23:01

In Poland as well Smile
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 12:49

Actually, I realized that this year the orthodoxe and the catholic Easter are on the same date Surprised So, we are going to circle the church at the same time :kataus: :kataus: (me and Alex for example :wink: )
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 12:54

Vania wrote:
Actually, I realized that this year the orthodoxe and the catholic Easter are on the same date Surprised So, we are going to circle the church at the same time :kataus: :kataus: (me and Alex for example :wink: )

Hehe...yes, true Smile

Although we might circle it just once because if the access to one facade is blocked than the 'journey' would be too long Smile

But, yes. Both, Catholics and Orthodoxs celebrate Easter this week. So, we're all in the same time :wink:
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitimeTue 3 Apr - 19:12

alexandra wrote:
Vania wrote:

Hehe...yes, true Smile

Although we might circle it just once because if the access to one facade is blocked than the 'journey' would be too long Smile

But, yes. Both, Catholics and Orthodoxs celebrate Easter this week. So, we're all in the same time :wink:

And that's a very rare case they say flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

That is sweet Empty
PostSubject: Re: That is sweet   That is sweet Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That is sweet
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amour & Magie forum!! :: Our Albenka and Max :) :: Interview & another mass-media info-
Jump to: