Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)

Go down 
+2
alexandra
cute_n_gorgeous
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Empty
PostSubject: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeFri 19 Jan - 22:27

Well, you watch a competition.
A&M or somebody else you like very much is to come to the ice.
I have some stupid Question superstitions pirat
So. In most important moments I close my eyes with my hand and peep through it. I also stop breathing for some lifts Smile
Last year during the Olympics I took my step-board and jumped on it when their rival pairs compete so that the number of lifts could be divided into 17. (It wouldn't work Evil or Very Mad , as you can see, or I may have chosen the wrong number Shocked Laughing ).

So, confess the the stupin fanatic things you do! flower
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jan - 6:27

I freeze....
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeSat 20 Jan - 19:06

alexandra wrote:
I freeze....

Me too. pale

hmm... Embarassed This is what I do: Razz During routines of my favourites, I clasp my hands together and hold them over my nose. :kataus: And I stop breathing whenever there is a twizzle or a lift. :blush2: Buuuut, if I don't know the results, before watching a competition on TV... bla-bla-bla I will be unable to stop moving during commercial breaks. :kataus: I often do stretching or kicks to keep myself calmer. Embarassed But, it doesn't really work. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jan - 1:43

Um, I work on a system of reverse jinxes. See, normally you can jinx someone (if you believe in that) by really believing they're going to win, and then they don't. Like, you say or think something good, and then something bad happens.

So I do the opposite. I am always really really convinced that they are not going to win anything (well, not alllllways, I mean, I knew they were going to win Skate America Razz ), and then... they do really well! I'm still completely sure that they won Worlds in Calgary because I "knew" that the judges would end up giving it to Marie-France and Patrice. Razz :kataus:

I get nervous as hell when they skate, but there's nothing I can't watch. I generally kind of want to close my eyes during twizzles, though. lol!
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jan - 1:53

Lana wrote:
hmm... Embarassed This is what I do: Razz During routines of my favourites, I clasp my hands together and hold them over my nose. :kataus: And I stop breathing whenever there is a twizzle or a lift. :blush2:
I do the same !!! And during men (especially when it's Brian :dube: ), or during pairs, I whisper (or scream, it depends... :kataus: ) "Allez, allez, tu vas y arriver !" = "Go, go, you will do it !", during jumps, or just before jumps. :kataus:

I usually cross all my fingers too.
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeSun 21 Jan - 19:54

Oh, I also do all this shouting and jumping! And last year at the worlds I almost broke my removed control - I threw it when Masha and Lesha were put third! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan - 11:15

What I am doing... Rolling Eyes well, during the FD at Worlds, I was sitting in the bed, crossing my fingers (and my toes drunken - I know it's crazy) trembling nervously... since the first second of the Adagio I started crying... absolutely unconsciously... and I wasn't able to stop crying till the end of the live coverage, after the medal ceremony.... :blush2: :blush2:
Otherwise, in principle, I stay silent, I don't pronounce a word while A&M dance - I have the feeling if I say a word (like Bravo, This lift was wonderful or smth like that) they'll do a mistake Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeMon 22 Jan - 11:18

Grace wrote:
Um, I work on a system of reverse jinxes. See, normally you can jinx someone (if you believe in that) by really believing they're going to win, and then they don't. Like, you say or think something good, and then something bad happens.

So I do the opposite. I am always really really convinced that they are not going to win anything (well, not alllllways, I mean, I knew they were going to win Skate America Razz ), and then... they do really well! I'm still completely sure that they won Worlds in Calgary because I "knew" that the judges would end up giving it to Marie-France and Patrice. Razz :kataus:

Oh, yes, I do pretty much the same. Before the Worlds, I was sure that A&M will be 4th or 5th :twist: I was afraid to watch the CD and the OD... At the Olympics, I watched everything, absolutely everything, and you know what happened then...not only with A&M, but also with Rita&Povilas (they fell). So, I prefer to not expect the maximum, the gold...
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitimeTue 13 Mar - 19:20

I found (thanks to Irra_adams) a Russian site where you can choose a special banner counting the days from/to a special event. I think Lana have the same Wink but from an english site. That's a very good idea :dube:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)   Stupid things we do to support our darlings :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid things we do to support our darlings :)
Page 1 of 1