Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Biathlon

Go down 
+6
risha_11
*MAGic diable*
Vania
rosee
Reynnou
cute_n_gorgeous
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Number of posts : 541
Residence : Moscow,Russia
Registration date : 2007-02-03

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 12:35

Vania wrote:
Does anyone follow the Biathlon WC? Erm.. And biathlon, in general?
The Championship is almost over, but anyway, I wanted to ask :wink:

P.S. After the FS, it's my other favourite sport Smile
I follow it too,Vania! I really like the sport! The championship could be very good if there weren't so many scandals and rumors this time, it's just awful Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 16:58

risha_11 wrote:

P.S. After the FS, it's my other favourite sport Smile
I follow it too,Vania! I really like the sport! The championship could be very good if there weren't so many scandals and rumors this time, it's just awful Rolling Eyes[/quote]

I heard there was some scandal with Bjorndalen's title in the pursuite, but I don't know what is it? I haven't found any info about this. Do you know something, Risha?
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 17:47

Vania wrote:

I heard there was some scandal with Bjorndalen's title in the pursuite, but I don't know what is it? I haven't found any info about this. Do you know something, Risha?
Yes,there was. Bjorndalen and some other athlets went the wrong way during the pursuit (they went on the small bridge instead of going near it) and shortened the distance by doing that,but the organisers noticed that only after the finish. Then they decided to give the gold medal to Choudov(who was second) then again changed their decision Suspect Finally everything remained like it was after the finish, but now the russians want to make an appeal, or they just say they will do that.
Back to top Go down
Ivana
AM in love
AM in love
Ivana

Number of posts : 151
Residence : Slovakia
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 19:55

risha_11 wrote:
Vania wrote:

Yes,there was. Bjorndalen and some other athlets went the wrong way during the pursuit (they went on the small bridge instead of going near it) and shortened the distance by doing that,but the organisers noticed that only after the finish. Then they decided to give the gold medal to Choudov(who was second) then again changed their decision Suspect Finally everything remained like it was after the finish, but now the russians want to make an appeal, or they just say they will do that.
Yeah, but "shortening" the distance and going through the bridge took them 2 seconds more then if they went near the bridge as the track was set. This was also the reason why the jury decided to keep the original results and the gold medal went to Bjorndalen.
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 20:57

Ivana wrote:
Yeah, but "shortening" the distance and going through the bridge took them 2 seconds more then if they went near the bridge as the track was set. This was also the reason why the jury decided to keep the original results and the gold medal went to Bjorndalen.
Yes,but today the russian commentator said that there was a special jury on the distance yesterday and they measured the real distance and the bridge and said that going on the bridge was shorter (in km). I don't really understand how it could be confused
Back to top Go down
Ivana
AM in love
AM in love
Ivana

Number of posts : 151
Residence : Slovakia
Registration date : 2007-04-26

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 22:24

risha_11 wrote:
Yes,but today the russian commentator said that there was a special jury on the distance yesterday and they measured the real distance and the bridge and said that going on the bridge was shorter (in km). I don't really understand how it could be confused
I don't understand either how it can be shorter. Question Other thing is if you have to climb up the bridge and then down instead of going on a straight course it takes more time and also more effort. I've read an interview with one of the members of the jury in one of the Slovak newspapers and he stated there that they have measured the distance and the time needed on both ways, the normal course and through the bridge and there they found out that it took 2 seconds longer when going on the bridge...

Ohh my, there is just too much drama in biatlon in the last few weeks, first the Russian doping affair, now the men's pursuit...I fear what will come next. No

Last edited by Ivana on Sat 21 Feb - 23:53; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
risha_11
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
risha_11

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 23:31

Ivana wrote:
Ohh my, there is just too much drama in biatlon in the last few weeks, first the Russian doping affair, now the men's pursuit...I'm fear what will come next. No
It's just awful I think,and it's definitely a not very good advertisment for the sport shocked
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 22 Feb - 12:04

Thanks for your explanations, girls.
If the difference is only 2 seconds, it's not too much, as I remember Ole had a bigger advantage at the finish, it's not like in the sprint, when the second Norwegian was only 1-2 seconds behind him.
But anyway, it's not right, and maybe it's the organizers's fault, they should have noticed this earlier or mark the track better Rolling Eyes to avoiding such kind of mistakes.

Good luck to the German relay (although my favourite Ali Wolf won't start :disap: )
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

Number of posts : 880
Residence : Torino
Registration date : 2007-05-11

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan - 3:26

Vania, what is the situation of biathlon this season?
Is Bjorndalen still the best?
Can you make a short resume about ?
Thank you!! flower flower
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 11:54

piemontesina wrote:
Vania, what is the situation of biathlon this season?
Is Bjorndalen still the best?
Can you make a short resume about ?
Thank you!! flower flower

I've watched only a few starts in biathlon this season Crying or Very sad - only these in the week-ends. Bjorndalen is not the leader in the rankings (so far Razz ), I think it's some American biathlete, I forgot his name Embarassed .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Biathlon - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Biathlon   Biathlon - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Biathlon
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amour & Magie forum!! :: Other things to discuss.. :: Other sports-
Jump to: