Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Name origin and name meaning

Go down 
+8
cute_n_gorgeous
rosee
Grace
Lana
Dasha
russianskaterdiva
Marina
Vania
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2006-03-27

Name origin and name meaning Empty
PostSubject: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeFri 15 Dec - 17:13

Hi! Hey!
I found a very interesting site about the meaning of the names and their origin!
http://www.babynamesworld.com/

Now I'm searching for the meaning of my friends' names Very Happy
I found Vala's name Thanks! Thanks! wow, Vala, did you knew that your name means The chosen one :dube:

Now I'm a bit confused, hehe, because my full name (Ivanka) means Gracious god, but the diminutive (Vania) means Talented :dube: hm...
But I can't find Albena :disap:
Maxim means smth I can't understand A salmon basin scratch I have no idea what is that....
Back to top Go down
Marina
AM notre tite & always drunken
Marina

Number of posts : 1759
Residence : France
Registration date : 2006-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeFri 15 Dec - 20:11

Vania wrote:
Now I'm a bit confused, hehe, because my full name (Ivanka) means Gracious god
Is Ivanka the same as Ivana ?

Quote :
I found only Albina, that means "white" in Latin. It's very cute, and white fits a lot to Albena... lovely heart

And about Marina, it means "sailor". I don't like this meaning a lot. On some other sites, I read that it means "from the sea", and I find it cutier.

Thank you Vania for this site ! zvet
Back to top Go down
http://artonice.skyblog.com
russianskaterdiva
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
russianskaterdiva

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec - 6:07

Well, my first name (real name) doesn't exist in the database... :disap: But, Lyra does!! It is Greek for musical!! Ironic, no? I am in chorus and love music!! lol!

loveall
musical Lyra!!

Hehe...Daria means well-to-do in Greek :kataus: , Ekaterina is Greek...but it lists no meaning..., hehe...my middle name (not my Russian one...I have a random one... lol! ) Serafina, means a soft ripple in Spanish... I love you I love my name!!!

Good luck Albie and Max!!! bg2 :bg:
Back to top Go down
Dasha
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec - 8:36

russianskaterdiva wrote:

Hehe...Daria means well-to-do in Greek :kataus: ,

My name means well-to-do in Greek?!?!?! Shocked

Oh. My. Gosh. :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: :kataus:
How have you got the pretty and lovely ones?!?! Weep Oh well, poor Katya doesn't even have a meaning for her name right now... :blush2:

Haha!! Maxim is salmon basin?!?! :kataus: Where the heck did that come from? Sorry...I shouldn't insult him... :disap: Shame on me. Ayayay! But Albena's meaning is very suited to her!

Well, I have to say...at least Lyra and I don't have something like shy or quiet as meanings...as of yet, I don't think I have gone 5 minutes without talking or saying/doing something crazy or stupid... Ugu-ugu Like this: :krut: :dying: What is this? some kind of crazy, mentally demented smily?!?! bla-bla-bla :cheer: And why do we feed the birds with this smily? cute birds) Haha...I will shut up now... :mdr:

-Dasha
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec - 18:08

Mine means victorious in Latin. :wink: Or "crowned with laurel" but it is the same thing. Razz

And Lana is Polynesian for Harmony? :kataus: Lovely. bla-bla-bla

Another website that I like for names is: Behind the Name. :stari:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec - 18:38

Maxim, from Lana's website:
Quote :
Roman family name which was derived from Latin maximus "greatest". Saint Maximus was a monk and theologian from Constantinople in the 7th century.
Much better than "a salmon basin". :kataus:

Albena:
Quote :
Created by Bulgarian writer Yordan Yovkov for the heroine in his drama 'Albena' (1930). He may have based it on ALBINA.

The first website says that my name means "good will". Razz Lana's says:
Quote :
Means "grace" from the English word, which ultimately derives from Latin gratia. The actress Grace Kelly was a famous bearer of this name.
Excellent, Grace Kelly! Very Happy

But my real first name (Christina) means "Christian", which is extremely boring. Lana's link is more interesting though...
Quote :
Feminine form of CHRISTIAN. This was the name of a Swedish queen of the 17th century who was interested in the arts and philosophy. She gave up her crown to become a Roman Catholic.
... and that's actually whom I'm named after, so cheers to Lana's website for psychically defining my name absolutely correctly. Wink
Back to top Go down
rosee
AM close friend
AM close friend
rosee

Number of posts : 1032
Residence : tired
Registration date : 2006-04-18

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSat 16 Dec - 19:21

My real name is Roukhsana (or Rooksana) it doesn't exist but ROXANA is close:
Quote :
Latin form of the Persian or Bactrian name Roshanak which possibly meant "bright" or "star". This was the name of Alexander the Great's first wife, a daughter of the Bactrian nobleman Oxyartes.
Back to top Go down
russianskaterdiva
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
russianskaterdiva

Number of posts : 560
Registration date : 2006-10-15

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec - 4:05

Grace wrote:

But my real first name (Christina) means "Christian", which is extremely boring. Lana's link is more interesting though...
Quote :
Feminine form of CHRISTIAN. This was the name of a Swedish queen of the 17th century who was interested in the arts and philosophy. She gave up her crown to become a Roman Catholic.
... and that's actually whom I'm named after, so cheers to Lana's website for psychically defining my name absolutely correctly. Wink

And her father always wanted a son, but ended up with a daughter, so he always treated her like a boy. Her mother was either dead, or had been exiled by her father...I can't remember. Or was she in Denmark... confused I can't remember.. Rolling Eyes But she is a really interesting woman in history!! Very strong and independent...like you, Grace!!

loveall
Lyra
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec - 19:37

Thank you for the website who gave us Lana !
On it, I have found it :
Quote :
MARINA

Usage: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Greek, Russian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ancient Roman

Other Scripts: Μαρινα (Greek), Марина (Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian)

Pronounced: mah-REE-nah (Italian, Spanish, German)
Well... all european usages, except French ! lol! I didn't know that Marina was a Romanian or Serbian name too... scratch
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec - 23:12

Vania wrote:
Hi! Hey!
I found a very interesting site about the meaning of the names and their origin!
http://www.babynamesworld.com/

Now I'm searching for the meaning of my friends' names Very Happy
I found Vala's name Thanks! Thanks! wow, Vala, did you knew that your name means The chosen one :dube:

Now I'm a bit confused, hehe, because my full name (Ivanka) means Gracious god, but the diminutive (Vania) means Talented :dube: hm...
Maxim means smth I can't understand A salmon basin scratch I have no idea what is that....

Smile)) Oh my! I'm the chosen one! Gotta be proud of it! flower flower
Back to top Go down
cute_n_gorgeous
AM close friend
AM close friend
cute_n_gorgeous

Number of posts : 1202
Residence : Hope to see A&M skating in some days!
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeSun 17 Dec - 23:14

Marina wrote:
Thank you for the website who gave us Lana !
On it, I have found it :
Quote :
MARINA

Usage: Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Greek, Russian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Serbian, Ancient Roman

Other Scripts: Μαρινα (Greek), Марина (Russian, Bulgarian, Serbian)

Pronounced: mah-REE-nah (Italian, Spanish, German)
Well... all european usages, except French ! lol! I didn't know that Marina was a Romanian or Serbian name too... scratch
flower Oh, Marina is extremely popular in Russia. I know about 20 Marinas Smile))) flower When a child, I wanted to be Marina sooo much!!! ohhhh
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec - 11:25

Marina wrote:
Vania wrote:
Now I'm a bit confused, hehe, because my full name (Ivanka) means Gracious god
Is Ivanka the same as Ivana ?

Yep, Marinochka it's the same! Smile

Thanks, Lana, for the other site! I've found this there, for my name (for Ivan, actually)

IVAN

Usage: Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene, Bulgarian, Ukrainian

Other Scripts: Иван (Russian, Bulgarian), Іван (Ukrainian)

Pronounced: ee-VAHN (Russian), IE-van (English) [key]

Russian, Czech, Croatian, Slovene and Bulgarian form of JOHN (Kerr :kataus: :kataus: :kataus: ). This was the name of several rulers of Moscow, including Ivan the Great and Ivan the Terrible, the first czar of Russia. Other notable bearers include Ivan Turgenev, a Russian author who wrote 'Fathers and Sons', and Ivan Pavlov, a scientist and physiologist best known for his discovery of the conditioned reflex.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec - 11:30

Grace wrote:

Albena:
Quote :
Created by Bulgarian writer Yordan Yovkov for the heroine in his drama 'Albena' (1930). He may have based it on ALBINA.

Yes, it's absolutely true! As I know, he based this name not on ALBINA, but on ABLENA (that comes from the Bulgarian word for "peony" or "plane-tree") he just changed the place of B and L Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marina
Marina

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec - 20:59

Grace wrote:
Albena:
Quote :
So Albena is a created name... I thought that it was a typical name in Bulgaria... Such a beautiful creatd name... I love you
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec - 21:13

Lana wrote!
Quote :
Another website that I like for names is: Behind the Name. :
That is verrry interesting!Thanks! :vo:
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeMon 18 Dec - 21:28

Ohhh.. rosee :dube: your real name is so beautiful :woow: :stari: Roukhsana :stari: I love it heart2 and I thought about "El tango de Roxane" at once lol!

Mine means valorous Razz Roman family name which was derived from Latin valere "to be strong". This was the name of several early saints.
hehe.. and I'm not very strong Erm.. actually Rolling Eyes

Thank you for the links, girls zvet :stari:
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar - 22:42

Hmm...I just found out smth new about Albena!! I didn't know this about her name!!

As for Maxim...the first meaning is just... :kataus: :kataus: Oh no, find another interpretation.

According to the site, Alexandra with all its variants means "Defending men". I don't really get it. lol!

Ok, another site. Alexandra represents the "Protector of Mankind". How that sounds?! :woow:
The last one is more clear...now I get it! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Lana
AM dear sestrichka
AM dear sestrichka
Lana

Number of posts : 3145
Residence : Employed! And soon to be working full-time!!! :)

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeTue 20 Mar - 23:45

alexandra wrote:
Ok, another site. Alexandra represents the "Protector of Mankind". How that sounds?! :woow:

That's soooo cool, Alex!!! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I luv it. :respect: Laughing It sounds like a superhero's title! Buh.. :wink: Perhaps we should get you a cape. Laughing
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 15:57

Lana wrote:

That's soooo cool, Alex!!! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! I luv it. :respect: Laughing It sounds like a superhero's title! Buh.. :wink: Perhaps we should get you a cape. Laughing

Yes, in this case I think I need a cape lol! You are all under my protection. I wouldn't feel very confident in your shoes Suspect
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 16:25

Lana wrote:
alexandra wrote:

Alex = superhero lol!
:vo: I agree!
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:05

Vania wrote:

Alex = superhero lol!

Who?! Me?! Somebody called me?! Don't worry
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:08

alexandra wrote:
Vania wrote:

Alex = superhero lol!

Yes, dear! I already need your help Rolling Eyes look at the Events section, you know I follow the results online, but the page of the event has stopped refreshing after Aliona and Robin's performance and I don't know what happened next Crying or Very sad I know you watch the competition, can you tell me who became champion?
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:19

Vania wrote:
alexandra wrote:
Vania wrote:

Alex = superhero lol!

Yes, dear! I already need your help Rolling Eyes look at the Events section, you know I follow the results online, but the page of the event has stopped refreshing after Aliona and Robin's performance and I don't know what happened next Crying or Very sad I know you watch the competition, can you tell me who became champion?

I did :wink:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeWed 21 Mar - 17:37

alexandra wrote:

I did :wink:

I saw :dube:
Back to top Go down
aline
AM deeply in love
AM deeply in love
aline

Number of posts : 485
Residence : http://denkova-staviski.skyrock.com/
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jul - 10:55

This is a very interesting link :
My name means : "Bearer of the light" in armenian. I like it, it's cute!
Excep that this site said it's a French name...so no surprise ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://denkova-staviski.skyrock.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name origin and name meaning   Name origin and name meaning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Name origin and name meaning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Amour & Magie forum!! :: Other things to discuss.. :: Favourite links-
Jump to: