Amour & Magie forum!!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Amour & Magie forum!!

Forum of and for Albena and Max's friends and fans :))

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interview with Maxim's Father

Go down 
+10
Z
*MAGic diable*
alexandra
Rady
Bea
Serena
Vania
Elfaria
Maria
Grace
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Number of posts : 1125
Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.
Registration date : 2006-04-16

Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 9 May - 23:58

Grace wrote!
Quote :
I have a question though, because I'm always interested in other countries' education systems. Smile How impressive is it that Maxim finished high school at 15? I mean, to an American or Canadian that sounds VERY impressive, because we don't finish high school until we're 17/18, so to graduate at 15 would mean you were finishing at least two years early. Shocked But I know in Europe sometimes you finish school at 16, so finishing at 15 would still be impressive, but not quite the "Wow, Child Genius!" impressive it is in North America. Very Happy

Also, what does it really mean to finish school with a medal? It seems very important, because I've known other people from Eastern Europe who talk about it like it's very important, whereas here you might graduate from high school ranked very high in your class or something, but it's definitely not anything you'd bring up in conversation 13 years later. :kataus:

Sorry for all the questions. Embarassed Razz
[/quote]

I think that by our standards here Maxim is a genius! :vo:althoughwe have veryy bhight young people here too!
I can talk only about my country, and I am not a teacher..., I am a lawyer, but here, most young briiliant people usually leave our small country to work abroad!! Usually in the EU countries!
They get better pay!
I think that now, there is an agreement that is coming in force to reduce most of the degrees to three years..It's the BOLOGNE Agreement..so, that means that most of our youngters will graduate when they 20 or 21. The only degrees that are considered exceptions are Medecine and the LAW! They will have to attend the university two more years in the case of Law and three more years in the case of medicine!

Ans you are right, young people here don't usually finish school with a medal..the only thing that matters is the mark they get , because that it's going to influence their search for a good job!!!

heart2 :kiss:
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

Residence : Ice dance and plays.In love with Albena and Maxim and my favourite actors.

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 0:01

About High school, most of them finish when they are 17 or 18!
Just like over there in the US!

SORRY, I forgot to mention it!

:kiss: :kiss:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2006-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 0:59

Serena wrote:
I can talk only about my country, and I am not a teacher..., I am a lawyer,
Really?? Me too! :queen: The reason I'm so interested in all this is because I mostly do work and research on education law issues, so everytime I see something about school mentioned a little light bulb in my brain turns on and I think of a million questions. Suspect Very Happy

Don't get me talking about the Bologne Agreement. :kataus:
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

Number of posts : 2153
Residence : Where ALBIE AND MAX ARE SKATING!!!
Registration date : 2006-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 1:39

Dear Grace!

In my opinion I think that Maxim was vert bright indeed!
Here, young bright people have compensations , but not medals.They get awards to study abroad!!
I don't know how the educatinal system is in Russia, but...perhaps the teachers thought that it was good for him to skip a year or too ahead because he was too bright!!! :vo:
You know I am a teacher! :respect: , so, all I can say is that that are countries that have that kind of system, so bright young people graduate earlier!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
Here, in Spain, we don't have that habit yet, although it's being discussed!
What Serena says about the Agreement is true! All universities in Europe have already signed it or are going to!
This doesn't mean that universities teachers are very favourable to that! :disap:

LOOOOVE :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :surce:

Un MONTON DE BESOS!!!! :surce:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 2:13

Maria wrote:
In my opinion I think that Maxim was vert bright indeed!
Oh no, I don't doubt that at all, I never have. Smile I was just wondering if he finished school one year early or three years early. Cool
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 2:19

Grace, I think he finished school three years earlier, in my opinion!

But, I think that the teachers in Russia must have the system I talked about! Enable the students to skip ahead when they are very bright! :vo: zvet
I can't understand what happened if it hadn'd been so!!! :vo:

loveall loveall loveall
Back to top Go down
*MAGic diable*
AM crazy admin
AM crazy admin
*MAGic diable*

Number of posts : 4178
Residence : starting catching up here again:) good, eh?:) missed you all so much! <3
Registration date : 2006-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 11:30

I finished school when I was 16. Rolling Eyes But I could do it in 15 like Max.. Rolling Eyes But to tell the truth, usually children in Russia finish school in 17. Sometimes in 18. Actually, we have a verrrrry complicated Educational system! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

Number of posts : 1497
Residence : Where Marco is acting..on stage..on tv....anywhere.

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 12:06

DEAR VANIA,

Haven't you found the family picture yet??? saaad saaad heart2

loveall loveall loveall loveall loveall :stari:
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 12:09

No, Bea, I didn't No
But I'll search again!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 12:14

Thanks, Vania!
But, please don't trouble yourself because of me!!!
When you can find the time , search, please!!! :<33: :<33:

loveall loveall loveall
Back to top Go down
alexandra
AM someone special :P
alexandra

Number of posts : 2696
Residence : Romania

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 14:27

oohh..about the educational system. I think it's so different from a country to another. I mean we have some standards, common reglementations that we have to oblige, but that doesn't mean it's actually working.
For example, our government, ministry of education and so...changed the system and the way you have to take the exams, 3 times in a row. Everybody in may, june is confused about what to do, how to take the exams and so...

Lately, things are a bit more stable. And after high-school (that you finish normally at 17 or 18 ) you can attend the university. I still have to graduate 4 years but the future generations have only 3 years. It's the agreement you were talking about.
and it's confusing, because I know the subjects we had last year. And now I see poor student (from the first year) trying to understand all the subjects that are now combined and made shorter..and uhhh..
I prefer the 4 year system..

And we also have many, many bright students that are working abroad, Especially from the IT domain.

It's still complicated and kind of a mess..but I hope things will be ok, eventually

I know that, here in Romania, you can make 2 years in one, only in University. But this doesn't happen in high-schools..yet..not as far as I know.

Kisses,
Alex
Back to top Go down
Serena
AM close friend
AM close friend
Serena

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 14:39

Alexandra wrote!
Quote :
And we also have many, many bright students that are working abroad, Especially from the IT domain.

It's true, dear! saaad
It happens to almost any country now!!! saaad
The situation in Europe is not very good nooo nooo nooo nooo at all!

Beijos!!! :<33:
Back to top Go down
Grace
AM expert

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 15:44

Well, in the U.S. it's possible to finish high school early without actually leaving high school. :kataus: You finish all your high school requirements and then just start taking university-level courses through your high school. Very Happy Then you can spend less time in university (like maybe two years instead of four) if you want.

And the situation in the U.S. is no good now either. Where is the situation good now, please? I want to go there. lol! geek
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 15:55

Grace wrote:

And the situation in the U.S. is no good now either. Where is the situation good now, please? I want to go there. lol! geek

lol! hehe...Education is a very controversial issue, eh?? . We never seem to have enough money alocated for this...and of course, nothing works right then...Razz

Thanks for the clarifications about U.S.A system...
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed 10 May - 22:13

Alex wrote about the Educational systems!
Quote :
It's still complicated and kind of a mess..but I hope things will be ok, eventually

I know that, here in Romania, you can make 2 years in one, only in University. But this doesn't happen in high-schools..yet..not as far as I know.

Kisses,
Students can make two years in one in my country only in some private schools and usually foreign ones!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Maria
AM querida
AM querida
Maria

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat 13 May - 2:25

Bea wrote!
Quote :
Students can make two years in one in my country only in some private schools and usually foreign ones!!!!

That happens in my country too!!
But only in foreign institutions!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Vania
AM bg team
AM bg team
Vania

Number of posts : 4637
Residence : Bulgaria

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 12:27

Bea wrote:
DEAR VANIA,

Haven't you found the family picture yet??? saaad saaad heart2

loveall loveall loveall loveall loveall :stari:

I DIDN'T FIND IT, SORRY Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
THE NEWSPAPER IS LOST!
Back to top Go down
Bea
AM close friend
AM close friend
Bea

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 15 May - 13:43

THANKS FOR TRYING!! heart2

YOU WERE VERY KIND!!!!! heart2 :vo:

:woow:
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue 16 May - 12:21

Vania wrote:

I DIDN'T FIND IT, SORRY Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
THE NEWSPAPER IS LOST!

So, zero chances, eh?! Sad
Ok...no problem, thanks for searchin and telling us about those pictures.
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 10:53

Hello Z..

The guestbook is on Lerka's web-site, actually on the official-site Very Happy.
http://albena-maxim.narod.ru/eng.html
and there is a link to the guestbook, a link to the forum...

bye, bye
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 10:55

Z you posted a message earlier...where is the message?? scratch
affraid
Back to top Go down
Z
AM fan novice
AM fan novice

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2006-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 14:29

alexandra wrote:
Z you posted a message earlier...where is the message?? scratch
affraid

I posted saying "Where is the guestbook?!" Question confused

And then I found it....

And it had been so obvious, right there in front of me all along and I was Embarassed Embarassed

So I was hoping noone had seen my silly post, and maybe noone would notice if I deleted it...

lol! lol!

Sorry if I caused any confusion! Embarassed Embarassed pale
Back to top Go down
alexandra
alexandra

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 22 May - 20:49

Z wrote:

And it had been so obvious, right there in front of me all along and I was Embarassed Embarassed

So I was hoping noone had seen my silly post, and maybe noone would notice if I deleted it...

lol! lol!

Sorry if I caused any confusion! Embarassed Embarassed pale

lol! Ohhoo..no problem at all. Really...it happens to me too. I ask for very obvious things.. lol!
I'm glad you find it Wink and sorry for "letting" people know about the message. lol!
Back to top Go down
missmuffin
knowing AM closer..
knowing AM closer..

Number of posts : 20
Residence : USA
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu 16 Aug - 0:26

I can't find a translation of this anywhere and I'd love to read it. Can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
piemontesina
AM forever in love
AM forever in love
piemontesina

Number of posts : 880
Residence : Torino
Registration date : 2007-05-11

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon 20 Aug - 21:28

missmuffin wrote:
I can't find a translation of this anywhere and I'd love to read it. Can anyone help me?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Maxim's Father   Interview with Maxim's Father - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Maxim's Father
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next